Hopkin Appointed - Page 9 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Hopkin Appointed

If this has been discussed elsewhere, I apologise but I found part of McKeown's interview in the Tele a bit perturbing.

He picked up a calf injury in January that didn't respond to treatment as expected.

Last month he was played in a reserve match, where he broke down and had to be substituted.

He then went for an x-ray and discovered that his original injury in January was not a calf knock or strain but in fact a double leg fracture!

Why wasn't he x-rayed in January?

What damage would four months of the wrong physio/training etc do to a compound fracture?

Our club doctor, physio and fitness coach (at the time) had a duty of care to the guy. They all failed him badly.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

McKeown wasn’t one I wanted to stay, though I suppose he could fit into the new style the new management team are implementing, if they don’t find a more skilful version.

My point wasn’t whether McKeown should be kept or not, it was the fact that players are actually wanting to play for Hopkin and the fact that’s he’s here has changed at least one players mind about definitely leave, to considering staying put simply because of the change in management.

My point wasn’t whether McKeown should be kept or not, it was the fact that players are actually wanting to play for Hopkin and the fact that’s he’s here has changed at least one players mind about definitely leave, to considering staying put simply because of the change in management.

One thing I would say, most of the players who have spoke have spoken very highly of their relationship with JJ. McAllister in particular said that all the boys in the changing room got on really well with JJ.

The thing about McKeown is Hopkin wanted him before at Livi, he clearly knows what he’s capable of so I wouldn’t be surprised to see him stay. I’d rather Strapp got the nod but I’d hope he’d be at least a rotation option next season.

He claims to be a fan.

Why should he be urging fans to pledge to MCT if he isn't prepared to do so himself? In fact, all club employees should be publicly pledging to MCT.

How do you know he isn't putting any of his own money in? Anyway, it's not necessarily up to owners to finance clubs from whatever personal wealth they have.

I've never stacked shelves for a living, but what would that have to do with it anyway?

Don't you think, as a fan himself, he should lead by example?

I don't know what his financial situation is. He's already said several time he's behind the scheme and is giving it his support so I really don't see what your point is apart from having another moan about a non-issue.

I'm not suggesting he pumps thousands of his own money into the club but he's asking fans to pledge to MCT. If he practises what he preaches and publicly announces that he's pledged too, then I'm sure more fans would follow. Nobody needs to know what he's pledged, that's his business, it's the gesture of doing what he's asking the fans to do that counts.

You're using it to criticise him when there's nothing there to criticise.

Archived