League Cup Draw - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

League Cup Draw

Ahh shite, I forgot the groups are regionalised.

First seeds (south)

5 Kilmarnock

6 Motherwell

7 Hamilton Academical

8 Partick Thistle

Second seeds (south)

13 St Mirren

14 Livingston

15 Queen of the South

16 Morton

Unseeded clubs (south)

29 Dumbarton

30 Ayr United

31 Stranraer

32 Airdrieonians

33 Queen's Park

34 Albion Rovers

35 Stenhousemuir

36 Clyde

37 Annan Athletic

38 Berwick Rangers

39 Edinburgh City

40 Spartans

We will need to settle for Stranraer away then. Wee shame.

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

Think I'm right in saying that the first seed is always at home to the second seed in the groups- in that case, Hamilton's preferable given that we're already going to Firhill twice, and Motherwell and Kilmarnock are good.

Of the unseeded teams, Annan, Stranraer or Berwick as the other away game. Anybody outwith Ayr and Dumbarton at home.

Who put Dumbarton in the South section this year?

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Who put Dumbarton in the South section this year?

Everything north of our side of the Clyde are highland bumpkins.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Think I'm right in saying that the first seed is always at home to the second seed in the groups- in that case, Hamilton's preferable given that we're already going to Firhill twice, and Motherwell and Kilmarnock are good.

Would rather go to downtown Aleppo three times a season than to Hamilton once tbh. 

Partick, assorted diddy, Annan/Stranraer/Berwick, assorted diddy, in that order so the first game of the season is away to one of those three.  

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Partick away it is then.

Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Albion Rovers

Ayr United

Stennhousemuir too.

Meh.

We'll probably beat Partick and lose to Ayr.

The absolute swording of Ayr United at Somerset Park on the opening day will savoured like a fine cullen skink. 

f108b7480130f4c629060566c6885daa--alex-s

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Looks like we'll have Partick Thistle and Ayr United as our away games.

Looks like we'll have Partick Thistle and Ayr United as our away games.

Good. Comfortably the preferred choice of everybody.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Archived