What Is The Way Ahead. - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

What Is The Way Ahead.

big B

The majority on here are not happy with the way the board' s ambition lies what as fans can we do to change it? Because next season is going to be exactly the same do enough to stay in the league and just cheat the fans out their money.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not turn up and happy clap and allow the board to think their lack of ambition or success are tolerated by the fans. Either make voices heard or stop giving them money - the latter will attract attention much more sharply.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Only a cash injection and business plan will change anything from the way we're run at the moment. Douglas has very little to do with running things.

Get Crawford out and get some fresh ideas and passion about the place. Warren can ship up or ship out as part of the new regime.

Fan engagement massive. We need something to buy into. If that fails then we really are fucked.

It's time for a 2003 esque fan resurgence..home and away.

TIME FOR CHANGE!

I don't expect us to go all-out to win the league, particularly not with Dundee United here next season and Inverness seemingly on the road to recovery, but I do expect us to challenge for the top four on a consistent basis. The board should have that as its short-term (2-3yr) plan and pick a manager accordingly.

Instead they seem not to have any plans beyond bobbling along like a cork on the ocean, waiting for the next Neymar to rock up at an under-5s training day so the Raes can get "their" two mil back.

EOho8Pw.png

The majority on here are not happy with the way the board' s ambition lies what as fans can we do to change it? Because next season is going to be exactly the same do enough to stay in the league and just cheat the fans out their money.

The majority on here are the minority of the support. Unfortunately, I do not see much evidence of a mutiny in the ranks - fans are either happy clappers, gripped by inertia or no longer fans.

The majority on here are the minority of the support. Unfortunately, I do not see much evidence of a mutiny in the ranks - fans are either happy clappers, gripped by inertia or no longer fans.

Obviously can't speak for the whole support but pretty much every comment on this board when discussing his future is that its time to go so doubt there are many happy clappers left. Don't think anyone has said he should stay. I would like to think the rest of the fans who don't contribute to this board will have the same opinion.

We know board members read this forum so surely they know the severity of the situation and the consequences should they fail to act. 

It's actually quite an easy fix. Do all we can to bring in the best possible manager, give him an attractive budget to bring in some quality players early on in the window and I'm convinced fans will get right behind us again. I bought a season ticket for the first time in years last Summer despite  knowing i wouldn't make every game because i was impressed with our early pre-season activity.( if only i had known we wouldn't bring anyone else of note in after the initial 3 signings right enough) If we were to bring in a good manager, started to assemble a decent squad, i wouldn't hesitate in renewing again. A clear statement from the club about what direction they want to go in and accountability for another end of season feck up wouldn't go a miss either.

Can you imagine just how bad this forum and the club in general will be next season if Duffy is still in charge and come July, we have no real signs of  progress. Doesn't bear thinking about being honest.

Time to act Nick, Warren and co...

I don't expect us to go all-out to win the league, particularly not with Dundee United here next season and Inverness seemingly on the road to recovery, but I do expect us to challenge for the top four on a consistent basis. The board should have that as its short-term (2-3yr) plan and pick a manager accordingly.

Instead they seem not to have any plans beyond bobbling along like a cork on the ocean, waiting for the next Neymar to rock up at an under-5s training day so the Raes can get "their" two mil back.

Inverness have stated they are 'slashing' their budget next year - if true, it may be they will also be on a rebuilding exercise and an unknown quantity after the summer.

Unfortunately the years of under achieving have soured many supporters and driven them away as is shown by the poor attendances. Likewise it would take a number of successful years to attract these people back and in all honesty I just don't see that happening under the present BoD and Manager.

Like many others on here I think that after 60+ years I've had enough and will not renew my season ticket.

One mega slump was bad enough but 2 in a row! Duffy must think he has a job for life. In addition some of Duffy's comments in the press seem to suggest that the fault lies with the player and not him!

Unfortunately the years of under achieving have soured many supporters and driven them away as is shown by the poor attendances. 

Compared to when exactly? The current Morton crowds are absolutely par for the course for where the club is right now - an established but mediocre side in the second tier. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

http://www.fitbastats.com/morton/club_records_league_attendance.php

Crowds this season are higher than they were than they were in 2012 (when finishing 7th again under Moore); they are also higher than every season spent milling around the second tier between 1988 and 1993 - a period in which top flight football was a very recent memory indeed. Crowds are also higher now than they were in 1985-87 - a period between spells in the top flight and included a First Division title FFS.

That is the reality of our situation. Any future plans need to be built on a plan of gradually increasing our core support - something that has actually taken place in the last decade - rather than the Rae-era myth that a massive fanbase has been 'driven away' by failure and that 4000 crowds can be counted on at Cappielow every fortnight in the second tier. You cannot reach that level without either regular top flight football or a once in a generation title challenge; the facts show this. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

http://www.fitbastats.com/morton/club_records_league_attendance.php

Crowds this season are higher than they were than they were in 2012 (when finishing 7th again under Moore); they are also higher than every season spent milling around the second tier between 1988 and 1993 - a period in which top flight football was a very recent memory indeed. Crowds are also higher now than they were in 1985-87 - a period between spells in the top flight and included a First Division title FFS.

That is the reality of our situation. Any future plans need to be built on a plan of gradually increasing our core support - something that has actually taken place in the last decade - rather than the Rae-era myth that a massive fanbase has been 'driven away' by failure and that 4000 crowds can be counted on at Cappielow every fortnight in the second tier. You cannot reach that level without either regular top flight football or a once in a generation title challenge; the facts show this. 

Crowds were much higher in the 70's and 80's, even if the 'official' attendance says different.

<span style='font-size: 14px;'><em class='bbc'>"That LinwoodTon's a c*nt, eh?"</em></span>

It's a bastard when the pesky facts just don't back up your rose-tinted view of the past, isn't it?

And the records actually show this claim to be nonsense in any case - the crowds quite clearly were larger in the past: when the club was playing in the top flight. Crowds trebled between 1976-77 and 78-79. Crowds then halved and doubled back to their previous benchmark between 1983 and 1985 - precisely matching the club's relegation to the second tier. Five figure crowds were commonplace enough, but the average attendance was still dragged down by pathetic attendances when only the real core support could be bothered to turn up. The core support of GMFC is much, much larger now - which is why crowds overall are higher than they've been in any comparable period. 

These are facts.

No, I think facts do paint an accurate picture. Actually, facts are the entire basis of an accurate picture.

In this case they don't. It's also been proven over recent times and years gone by that any time Morton show a clear plan of ambition that the fans turn up in numbers.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

Archived