Johansson's Future - Page 26 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Johansson's Future

Admin

Johansson's Future  

84 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think should happen to Johansson?

• Sacked before the end of the season
    • Sacked at the end of the current season
    • Allowed to see out his contract until the end of next season
    • Given an extended contract beyond his current deal
  2. 2. What do you think will happen to Johansson?

• Sacked before the end of the season
    • Sacked at the end of the current season
    • Allowed to see out his contract until the end of next season
    • Given an extended contract beyond his current deal

We’re currently 6th in the second tier, which has pretty much been our benchmark since four tiers were introduced in the 1970s. That’s not absolutely s***e nor an embarrassment. Do we have a useless manager and some valid concerns about the club’s direction? Absolutely. Both can and should be worked on right now. But it’s hardly the existential crisis that some of the knicker-wetting pish on here would have us believe. It’s not even 2013-14.

Four tiers were introduced for 1994-95 season.

• Replies 828
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We’re currently 6th in the second tier, which has pretty much been our benchmark since four tiers were introduced in the 1970s. That’s not absolutely s***e nor an embarrassment. Do we have a useless manager and some valid concerns about the club’s direction? Absolutely. Both can and should be worked on right now. But it’s hardly the existential crisis that some of the knicker-wetting pish on here would have us believe. It’s not even 2013-14.

Better luck next time etc etc.

TIME FOR CHANGE!

The 1970s saw the introduction of three tiers. As Toby was first to point out, four tiers was the mid 90s.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

If you're going to slate the forum for how everyone on here always talks about how bad we are, it's probably not ideal to call the manager spectacularly useless in the same paragraph.

I was willing to give the guy a chance, and it seemed like a breath of fresh air after the years of a succession of poor managers passing through while doing the rounds of the Scottish lower divisions.  I wanted him to do well.  However JJ has done nothing to justify his appointment as manager; quite the reverse in fact.  Maybe he will come good eventually - Alex Ferguson has been sacked in his early days - but it is clear that he has not got our squad performing well even after 20 odd games.  If the transfer dealings improve the team then he might start to win people round, but at the moment it isn't working, and leaving Tidser out or playing him as a defensive mid or wide player or whatever is a clear crime against football.  It is JJ that is the embarrassment, not Morton as a club.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

In the today's instalment of "Talking s***e With JJ" in the Tele, he claims, amongst other nonsensical waffle, that the "budget was clearly overspent in the summer" (my emphasis), which raises some serious questions.

For one, the squad McKinnon assembled wasn't the biggest or particularly loaded with players who would be on huge wages; secondly, Warren Hawke is on record in the tribunal verdict suggesting that McKinnon not only nobbled the Rudden deal, but maybe others too, which tells us that there was scope for McKinnon to add another couple of players. 

If the budget was "clearly overspent in the summer" (as opposed to a change in priorities when Johansson came in which i'd previously taken the cost-cutting, squad-trimming to mean), why was that allowed to happen and why was there moves being made to add even more players? Or is the implication that some porkies were being told to the panel?

I'd suggest that the likely explanation is that Johansson is talking s***e as usual, but regardless, the fact that he's being allowed to keep doing so on a regular basis is completely and utterly unacceptable.

AWMSC

We don't know how much Millar, Mcalister and Johnstone are on and how much of the budget they took up, but considering at least two of those players were signed by Hawke and not Mckinnon then if we were clearly over budget going in to the season then there's only one man to blame.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

We don't know how much Millar, Mcalister and Johnstone are on and how much of the budget they took up, but considering at least two of those players were signed by Hawke and not Mckinnon then if we were clearly over budget going in to the season then there's only one man to blame.

Are you suggesting McKinnon didnt want to sign 2 of those 3 players?

I dont believe for a second that is the case. Hawke may well have made McKinnon aware of their availability but I doubt McKinnon is the kid of guy to sign someone just because the CEO introduced them ( if that is even the case). Mckinnon made Jim captain, would he really have done that if he didn't want to sign him or was that Hawkes decision too?

In the today's instalment of "Talking s***e With JJ" in the Tele, he claims, amongst other nonsensical waffle, that the "budget was clearly overspent in the summer" (my emphasis), which raises some serious questions.

For one, the squad McKinnon assembled wasn't the biggest or particularly loaded with players who would be on huge wages; secondly, Warren Hawke is on record in the tribunal verdict suggesting that McKinnon not only nobbled the Rudden deal, but maybe others too, which tells us that there was scope for McKinnon to add another couple of players.

If the budget was "clearly overspent in the summer" (as opposed to a change in priorities when Johansson came in which i'd previously taken the cost-cutting, squad-trimming to mean), why was that allowed to happen and why was there moves being made to add even more players? Or is the implication that some porkies were being told to the panel?

I'd suggest that the likely explanation is that Johansson is talking s***e as usual, but regardless, the fact that he's being allowed to keep doing so on a regular basis is completely and utterly unacceptable.

I imagine Millar, McAlister, and Johnstone were brought in on fairly hefty wages. I think certainly higher than what was the norm under Duffy. I certainly remember McKinnon taking about going for a smaller, higher quality squad - for all we know players like Telfer and McKeown were given big deals as part of that well. Part of the early season enthusiasm was down to McKinnon's apparently more ambitious signing policy than Duffy's bargain basement shopping.

I agree that it doesn't all quite add up (although perhaps the Rudden deal was not going to cost anything). And we didn't get the impression that we were overspending (but maybe that was McKinnon's issue with us that he thought would come out at some point). In any case it doesn't look good for us in terms of organisation, planning, and ambition.

JJ just needs to get on with this though. He can't really win in these interviews. He comes off as disingenuous when talking up a player like Dykes, and deflective when talking about budgets. He needs to focus on the task at hand and getting us as good a finish as possible this season.

To be honest, I'd completely forgotten about Johnstone but I'd guess he's on a decent wage, as will Millar and McAlister (although I'd be surprised if he was that highly in demand). Telfer's wage could maybe be a bit higher too, but you wouldn't imagine any of the other additions are of sufficient quality or pedigree to be on a great deal more than whatever or usual level is. Tumility, McKeown, Buchanan and Scully surely aren't/weren't on exceptionally high amounts either, you wouldn't think.

Obviously we don't know what Rudden would cost, but the fact is that we saw McKinnon being allowed to build a squad with investments made in infrastructure at his behest and we've been told there were moves being made to add more players before he left. At least one of the parties - Johansson or the club - isn't telling the truth and the longer the latter's silence continues, the worse the whole shitstorm looks.

AWMSC

Why is he still going on about this? Why isn't the board stopping him?

I'm starting to think that they simply aren't bothering to read the comments. It's incredible to read a manager who's failing so badly having a pop at his circumstances on a daily basis without any sort of rebuke or statement from his board.

AWMSC

Archived