Takeover Rumours - Page 11 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Takeover Rumours

BishopBrennan

Can't beat a thread full of curtain twitching pish.

I reckon the reason they've bought the IBM site is to build a new bus depot, I just can't see them stumping up the money to shift the club over there.

They said they weren't going to build one when all these rumours started. As if the Easdales would stump up that money and there is no sign of the Council pitching in. You've hit nail on head people need to calm down.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't beat a thread full of curtain twitching pish.

I reckon the reason they've bought the IBM site is to build a new bus depot, I just can't see them stumping up the money to shift the club over there. 

I know this isn't the urban planning thread, but I'd be pretty disappointed if the land ended up being used as a glorified garage. Ronnie Cowan's put forward some good ideas about attracting renewable energy firms and the like to the area, would be a shame if we ended up with a bus park instead of something of genuine use.

AWMSC

I don’t see a new stadium being built and if the land at ibm was 1.5m for the vast land then cappielow will be lucky to be 1m.

Easdales want returns on their investment. They might be wealthy but just like the Raes. They are not coming in and spending 7/10m on a stadium and all that goes with it.

The article says, 50% residential, 35% commercial, 15% recreation/leisure/"other". Every last inch of that 50% would be housing if a 'normal' investor wanted a decent return. The Easdales presumably want that, but then again they have plenty of other business interests. Time will tell.

EOho8Pw.png

Is uninformed speculation any different from curtain twitching pish?

Uninformed speculation is pretty generic stuff. Curtain twitching pish on the other hand currently involves local sweetie women making up utter nonsense conspiracy theories about 'thu Eeezdales' as some sort of minor Death Star determining all at the club; including apparently removing two Morton managers/coaches in the last 15 months because they wouldn't play their nephew. Who has yet to actually play for the first team despite Reece Lyons and a dozen others from a gubbins youth setup making the cut ahead of him in the same time period - funny that!

The same mechanism showed its hand during the 03-04 collapse and even appeared towards the 12-13 campaign ('the club didn't want to get promoted to the top flight for the first time in 30 years 'cos... reasons). Most clubs from provincial areas of the country experience similar issues but given the unusual strength of local identity - not least judged by the relatively huge readership of the Greenock Telegraph - I'd argue that we're more susceptible to it than most. Curtain twitching is a prolific local industry. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

I know this isn't the urban planning thread, but I'd be pretty disappointed if the land ended up being used as a glorified garage. Ronnie Cowan's put forward some good ideas about attracting renewable energy firms and the like to the area, would be a shame if we ended up with a bus park instead of something of genuine use.

My last company (a renewables co) were asked by the council to carry out a feasibility study RE.the potential use of the land. That was a few years back right enough.

TIME FOR CHANGE!

Archived