General Football - Weird Results And Other Things Worth Sharing - Page 25 - General Football & Other Sports - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

General Football - Weird Results And Other Things Worth Sharing

TRVMP

One thing I can't abide is that Spurs song "Oh when the Spurs go marching in" when they do it in that long drawn out whiny way. If anyone is actually supporting them tonight, just take that into account.

Screw yer Harry Kane, screw yer ‘Poch’, screw yer new stadium, and do not fuck with the Liverpool.

At the weekend Le Mans, a few years after their weird bankruptcy thing, returned to Ligue 2. Trailing Gazelec Ajaccio 2-1 from the first leg in Maine, they went to the island needing to overcome that away goals defeat.

In the seventh minute of stoppage time they did so, having also saved a penalty.

Quite gripping highlights, and the winning goal was spectacular:

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7a3w4q

EOho8Pw.png

At the weekend Le Mans, a few years after their weird bankruptcy thing, returned to Ligue 2. Trailing Gazelec Ajaccio 2-1 from the first leg in Maine, they went to the island needing to overcome that away goals defeat.

In the seventh minute of stoppage time they did so, having also saved a penalty.

Quite gripping highlights, and the winning goal was spectacular:

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7a3w4q

Alan_Partridge_nonchalant_shrug.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I see Clydebank have “moved home” to Holm Park, in what appears to be a ground sharing arrangement with Yoker.

What’s the script, here? I thought they were sharing there anyway. Do they now own or jointly own the ground? It appears to have been redeveloped but why the big homecoming party? Is the ground suitable for an SFA Licence and will it allow them to progress into the pyramid?

When Clydebank FC reformed they moved to Duntocher and played in Glenhead Park, which is/was the ground of Drumchapel Amateurs. They had some kind of groundsharing agreement until around 2008 when they went to Holm Park. I worked in Clydebank around that time and passed the ground every morning and it was a bit of a coup. I cycled past it around a year ago just now and it hadn't changed in all that time.

I just had a quick Google search and see that their council have put in a synthetic pitch, new dugouts, changing rooms and turned the place into a "community sports" stadium for both clubs. I was always under the impression that Yoker owned that ground.

It's a bit of a second 'homecoming' for them as they've been groundsharing with Maryhill Juniors for the past year or so, hence the fuss.

Edited by capitanus

*insert signature here*

I'm pleased for Clydebank, they've gone about rebuilding the right way.

Got to say it doesn't look like much more than a caged pitch right now, though. Hopefully there'll be more work done if they progress further.

EOho8Pw.png

I'm pleased for Clydebank, they've gone about rebuilding the right way.

Got to say it doesn't look like much more than a caged pitch right now, though. Hopefully there'll be more work done if they progress further.

It strikes me as having a bit of the AFC Wimbledons about it- the bigger club moving in with their less celebrated neighbours and making home in someone else’s pad etc.

I suppose with the park not being owned by either club then Clydebank can’t shaft them the way “A Fans’ Club” did to Kimgstonian, whilst playing the victim themselves, but I’ve always been a bit of a cynic.

Edited by Toby

Probably the least they deserve after what Airdrie did to them

Y’see that’s where the similarities with AFC Wimbledon came in. Their club was also shunted away to form MK Dons, but their behaviour in forming the new club and bullying Kingstonian along the way has been reprehensible.

Fucking cunts.

I'm no "AFC" fan but Kingstonian had this coming. It's not a million miles off the Queen's Park situation. They overspent for years in the 90s and then hitched their skirts up to anyone who's pay rent, and seemed surprised when people started eyeing up their property. (This in one of the most desirable parts of London.) Wimbledon gave them far better terms on rent than practically any other owners would, too.

Again, I'm no big fan of the "AMF" posturing of 'The Dons' but Kingstonian really made their own bed. Yeah, it's sad for the - let's be generous - six hundred people in the world who care about them, but they lasted far longer in Kingston than they would have in other circumstances.

Edit: and didn't Wimbledon give Kingstonian a fat wad of cash after the Chelsea sale? As far ad I'm concerned their hands are clean here.

Edited by TRVMP

EOho8Pw.png

Reading a wee bit further into this, the ground was owned by the London Borough of Kingston upon Thames, and Kingstonians were a leaseholder. 'The Dons Trust' who were effectively the organisation who formed (or re-formed) AFC Wimbledon bought the lease of the ground shortly after moving there. Effectively, the ground was Wimbledon's as they became the principal leaseholder and Kingstonians became the tenant of Wimbledon.

I can't help but think that this is a situation of Kingstonians own making.

*insert signature here*