Bah Kee Stan - Page 3 - General Nonsense - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Bah Kee Stan

capitanus

Happy to blindly refuse to accept your ridiculously absurd notion.

The notion that is the UK spending billions on replacing Trident while at the same time taking money from the weakest and poorest in society to the extent that they have to rely on charitable donations for food?

What part of that is absurd?

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was responding to your FACTUALLY INCORRECT statement that religion is to blame for events in Pakistan.

The latter is clearly wrong, the situation in Pakistan is far more complex than religion - and in the absence of religion would be as evident.

So you can think what you like or say what you like about religion - that's your choice - what you can't do is make frankly idiotic statements blaming religion for a

complex problem which encompassed far more than your base attempt to define it.

I'm no expert on Pakistan by any stretch of the imagination, but in general I would agree it's far too simplistic to blame religion for all or even most conflicts in the world. Typically it's only one part of a complex combination of factors like tribalism, culture, history, ethnicity, land, resources, power, wealth etc. Religion adds to the mix I believe, but without it there would certainly still be plenty bloody and brutal conflicts throughout the world, I'm pretty sure of that. Man's ability for hatred and lust for power and riches is surely not confined only to the pious.

You can't be more than 100% less surprised...

Let's say I'm so surprised that you can literally knock me down with a feather. If it then takes 10,000 feathers to knock me down, I'm 10,000% less surprised than previously. QED.

EOho8Pw.png

Doc,

I wasn't responding to your (in my opinion) misguided statement about religion - and you are perfectly entitled to your views on that.

I was responding to your FACTUALLY INCORRECT statement that religion is to blame for events in Pakistan.

The latter is clearly wrong, the situation in Pakistan is far more complex than religion - and in the absence of religion would be as evident.

So you can think what you like or say what you like about religion - that's your choice - what you can't do is make frankly idiotic statements blaming religion for a

complex problem which encompassed far more than your base attempt to define it.

As for the rest - good shout Geordie - each to their own - let people believe whatever they like so long as they're doing their fellow beings no harm.

I'm sorry, religion is not to blame for anything in Pakistan, or anywhere in the world. Yep i'm certainly an idiot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dv4gaYe_d84

Religion is a necessary factor for Islamic terror, but it's probably insufficient in and of itself. When you add other things to the mix is when it becomes truly dangerous. Don't get me wrong, as the major religions go it's by a distance the most nefarious. But "religion means terrorism" or even "Islam means terrorism" is hugely simplistic.

EOho8Pw.png

Incidentally, God-Emperor Donald I, the Wallcrafter, understands this well, hence the so-called "Muslim ban" won't be anything of the sort, rather it'll be ensuring that unscreened applicants from terror hotspots will be sent to countries that welcome Islamic terror, such as their homes or Sweden.

EOho8Pw.png

Religion is a necessary factor for Islamic terror, but it's probably insufficient in and of itself. When you add other things to the mix is when it becomes truly dangerous. Don't get me wrong, as the major religions go it's by a distance the most nefarious. But "religion means terrorism" or even "Islam means terrorism" is hugely simplistic.

Okay, another one. The religious books that the three major religions base their theology on are filled with hate, shall we just ignore this and say that these people are based on love and tolerance ? Yes it is simplistic, you are religious, you believe in hatred towards fellow humans.

I like books, can you recommend one that has factual evidence of a 'god' ? Even just one that can prove that the Pakistan/ India problem has nothing to do with religion. 

Why are you so hung up on this? I'm an atheist. I didn't say it had nothing to do with religion, you're just a complete simpleton with only one thing on your mind 24/7. Listen, I've been involved in secular causes for well over a decade now, you don't need to lecture me about this, you just need to get a fucking brain.

EOho8Pw.png

Actually sorry - all three major religions base their theology on books of hate ??? You have clearly never read The Bible - not one verse or chapter or book of the bible - but all of The Bible. If you can read all of the Bible and then say it is a book whose theology is based on hate, then I'll listen to you - till then I don't think anyone can seriously say that The Bible is a "hate book". I have only read parts of the Qur'an, and  depending where I pick it up, there are examples of both - but the majority of what I see does not reek of hate - I stand to be corrected. Similarly, I have read all of The Bhagavad Gita - and whilst it also has many stories of terror and  fear - it is primarily written from a standpoint of love and kindness. I  tend to believe that most religious books will be similar when read in their entirety.

In isolated paragraphs you can't make sweeping statements about things - read them in their entirety and make your mind up then.

Oh, and by the way - religion in and of itself has never been to blame for anything. People, USING religion to further their own agendas, have been a core part of an awful lot of heinous acts and wars over the centuries - all the way back to the days of the Sun Gods. 

Two Uniteds but the soul is one, as the Busby Babes carry on.

In isolated paragraphs you can't make sweeping statements about things - read them in their entirety and make your mind up then.

I've read the bible from cover to cover and it's total cock imho.

Religious discussion aside, the Tunisian suspect has been shot dead by police in Italy. Apparently he was asked for his identification during a routine stop at a train station - a chilling indictment of European civil liberties, when even cross-border terrorists have to show their paper, be careful out there everyone, next it could be you - then pulled a gun on the two police. Despite having the first shot he only managed to hit one of them in the shoulder.

Too bad, so sad, dump his body off the Tunisian coast then stop letting in others.

EOho8Pw.png

I saw that one of the reasons Italy and Germany found it so hard to deport this guy was that he had no documentation proving he was Tunisian. I assume the Tunisian authorities extended their fullest co-operation in providing the missing paperwork.

Once again, we are the mugs here. Tunisia, presented with yet another violent, unemployable no-hoper to "welcome" back to their country, didn't want to know. And about this we do absolutely nothing.

In what is surely unrelated news, the DHS here in America discontinued this week a tracking program aimed at people visiting the country from countries known to produce large numbers of terrorists.

EOho8Pw.png

Archived