Bah Kee Stan - Page 2 - General Nonsense - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Bah Kee Stan

capitanus

My point is, Pakistan isn't Syria, Yemen, Afghanistan or even Palestine. Why are they seeking asylum from the place, and why are the UK taxpayers stll bankrolling them?

Pakistan has been at war for the last 15 years with numerous terrorist groups A lot of them dating back to the soviet invasion of Afghanistan. The country is a virtual basket case with the local intelligence service working hand in glove with various terrorist groups while pretending to fight them. Nobody in their right mind would want to go near the place. Thousands of Pakistanis have been killed and sectarian attacks are all too common.

We send aid in the mistaken belief that it buys influence. Like India I have no idea what possesses us to continue sending funds to countries that prioritise nuclear weapons over their peoples well being.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why not emigrate their usual way then? Get on a big metal plane to Heathrow and marry someone from Bradford's ugly daughter for the dowry?

People throughout history have risked it all for a chance at a better life. At this stage in history many Western countries have decided, absurdly, to incentivize the extrajudicial crossing of borders. We asked for an invasion and that's precisely what we got. We are the fucking mugs here, we have absolutely nobody to blame for ourselves. Whenever I see some full-grown "Syrian" sitting among a classroom of Swedish adolescents I blame Sweden for the grotesque scene, not the Syrian. An education, a warm home, everything paid for - you'd have to be a moron NOT to chance your arm.

So, the question is not why not emigrate the usual way, but why not do it this way? The journey, as you say, is tortuous and potentially very dangerous, but it beats the alternative. Some weeks of discomfort on the road is a small price to pay for a chance at the Western life. Many have risked far more for far less.

The madness is all on our side, not theirs, which is why I can't even bring myself to be angry at the many fraudulent cases of asylum amidst the legitimate ones. They'd be stupid not to.

EOho8Pw.png

Comparing the UK's prioritising of health, social and educational spend with Pakistans is a leap too far for any rational person.

Correct but at the same time 'at least we're not Pakistan' isn't exactly a glowing endorsement :D It puts the fail in failed state.

There is definitely scope for the UK (and US) to do better but we're still the best thing going.

EOho8Pw.png

Comparing the UK's prioritising of health, social and educational spend with Pakistans is a leap too far for any rational person.

Are you denying that the poorest in the UK have to rely on charity to feed themselves and their family? The UK government obviously thinks that spending billions in replacing Trident is more important than giving the poorest in society enough to provide the very basics for survival. So not really that big a leap.

Are you denying that the poorest in the UK have to rely on charity to feed themselves and their family? The UK government obviously thinks that spending billions in replacing Trident is more important than giving the poorest in society enough to provide the very basics for survival. So not really that big a leap.

Oh course it's not a big leap ;) 

Let me know when the poorest in the UK decide to trade in their misery for a ticket to Pakistan or any other hellhole.

Oh course it's not a big leap ;)

Let me know when the poorest in the UK decide to trade in their misery for a ticket to Pakistan or any other hellhole.

Yeah, as Nacho said, saying 'at least we're not as bad as Pakistan' is hardy a ringing endorsement.

Can't you even see that sneering other countries for spending money on nuclear weapons instead of the health and wellbeing of their citizens is perhaps just a tiny wee bit hypocritical?

I'm not sneering at Pakistans choices, that's their business. I'm sneering at successive UK governments for sending money to them when there are far more deserving examples all over the world.

Yeah, as Nacho said, saying 'at least we're not as bad as Pakistan' is hardy a ringing endorsement.

Can't you even see that sneering other countries for spending money on nuclear weapons instead of the health and wellbeing of their citizens is perhaps just a tiny wee bit hypocritical?

Or spending money on overseas aid ? or maybe NHS management, or local council diversity management ?

I freely admit to getting more reactionary as I get older but even with that taken into account I think a lot of foreign aid is a bit of a scam at both ends. Obviously direct food aid and the like during times of humanitarian disaster is vital, but so much "aid" is really designed to get preferential treatment for the giving party, and then it's skimmed off the top at the receiving end anyway. I give monthly to two charities that do work on the ground but most state-given foreign aid strikes me as pointless at best and counterproductive at worst.

EOho8Pw.png

Anyway... saw there that the man accused of the Berlin attack is a Salafi Muslim from Tunisia. In other words, an impulsive and violent Wahhabist. (Salafi is Wahhabi, Wahhabi is Salafi - it's a real Judean Peoples' Front/Peoples' Front of Judea situation only even more splintered.) Now, given that the German police have already screwed up one accusation I won't be leaping to conclusions on this one, but I'd be 10,000% less surprised if it was this guy rather than a Pakistani.

Until we get serious about this, this will keep on happening. As I said earlier in the year, we can have only two out of the three of the following: unlimited and unscreened Islamic immigration, Western society, national security. Pick two.

EOho8Pw.png

Anyway... saw there that the man accused of the Berlin attack is a Salafi Muslim from Tunisia. In other words, an impulsive and violent Wahhabist. (Salafi is Wahhabi, Wahhabi is Salafi - it's a real Judean Peoples' Front/Peoples' Front of Judea situation only even more splintered.) Now, given that the German police have already screwed up one accusation I won't be leaping to conclusions on this one, but I'd be 10,000% less surprised if it was this guy rather than a Pakistani.

Until we get serious about this, this will keep on happening. As I said earlier in the year, we can have only two out of the three of the following: unlimited and unscreened Islamic immigration, Western society, national security. Pick two.

You can't be more than 100% less surprised...

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

I'm not sneering at Pakistans choices, that's their business. I'm sneering at successive UK governments for sending money to them when there are far more deserving examples all over the world.

You pointed out that Pakistan puts ownership of nuclear weapons before the wellbeing of its citizens, which is of course true, but you conveniently ignore or just blindly refuse to accept the fact that the UK government does exactly the same thing.

Doc,

I wasn't responding to your (in my opinion) misguided statement about religion - and you are perfectly entitled to your views on that.

I was responding to your FACTUALLY INCORRECT statement that religion is to blame for events in Pakistan.

The latter is clearly wrong, the situation in Pakistan is far more complex than religion - and in the absence of religion would be as evident.

So you can think what you like or say what you like about religion - that's your choice - what you can't do is make frankly idiotic statements blaming religion for a

complex problem which encompassed far more than your base attempt to define it.

As for the rest - good shout Geordie - each to their own - let people believe whatever they like so long as they're doing their fellow beings no harm.

Two Uniteds but the soul is one, as the Busby Babes carry on.

Archived