The Big 2018-19 Squad Thread - Page 121 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

The Big 2018-19 Squad Thread

TRVMP

No chance it's being mentioned by Morton until after the Falkirk game if they can get away with it. I hope Falkirk announce the signing on their website on the eve of the game.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The way he’s said it could easily be a wind up to get obvious bites from Red De Ball.

It’s a matter of public record that something is going on with Tidser, but if it does turn out that he’s signed a pre-contract with Falkirk, or anyone else for that matter, the club staying silent now isn’t the thing to criticise them for. Making a statement in response to rumours on forums would be a fine way to make the club look even more tinpot than they already do.

If it is does turn out that he’s signed a contract elsewhere because the club have failed to make an offer and/or he’s decided he can’t work with Johansson then it’ll be right to absolutely hound them, for neglecting our best player if the former and for siding with a proven dud of a manager over one of the best players in the division if the latter. Either scenario would be an even bigger embarrassment for the board than when the same thing happened with Chris Millar 11 years ago, but what would making a statement just now actually achieve?

If they release a statement saying he’s not leaving people will immediately suspect that he is and they’re lying, because why would they bother to respond to baeeless internet rumours otherwise? If he is and they say so they’re bringing all the turmoil into the open, inviting a hounding of Tidser, Johansson and themselves for their roles in it at a time when they’re already facing one for contriving to take us into a relegation battle. Either way, making a statement about it would be a stupid thing to do.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Guy who takes the squad photos for Falkirk just basically confirmed on P&B that Tidser has signed for them.

Guy is normally quite watertight with actual info to not upset his employers, posting little more than 'I am busy today' ahead of a signing.

All manners of shite being smelt over that post then.

I'd find it hard to really blame Tidser if he goes there, to be honest. Morton and Johansson's fannying about this season is more than enough to force any player out...when your dud of a manager is telling us he'd rather sign up Dylan fuckin Dykes than secure his best player, what chance have you got?

AWMSC

I'd find it hard to really blame Tidser if he goes there, to be honest. Morton and Johansson's fannying about this season is more than enough to force any player out...when your dud of a manager is telling us he'd rather sign up Dylan ****in Dykes than secure his best player, what chance have you got?

Absolutely none of the above gives a player carte blanche to join King Snake and his tbd Championship?League One level rabble though. Anyone who goes to that club is a king snake themselves, plain and simple. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

I'm sure that they'll be parading through the streets of Grangemouth if they manage to pull that one off. As it stands however they're far more likely to be playing in the seaside leagues than ourselves and quite possibly two levels below a Dundee side who - as Tidser's agent breathlessly informed everyone - have already put an offer on the table. 

Who could blame him for joining that rabble and that king snake figure indeed. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

I'm sure that they'll be parading through the streets of Grangemouth if they manage to pull that one off. As it stands however they're far more likely to be playing in the seaside leagues than ourselves and quite possibly two levels below a Dundee side who - as Tidser's agent breathlessly informed everyone - have already put an offer on the table.

Who could blame him for joining that rabble and that king snake figure indeed.

It seems the only two people you believe in world football are tidser's agent and Robbie Neilson.

You'd think it suited your agenda to agree with them or something.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

You missed out anointed knights of the realm Sir David Irons and Sir Gavin Gunning respectively. 

And who could forget Brian - ****ing - Wake....

You seem upset by this. Good.

20110505210.jpg

Falkirk have hit form at the right time and have also scored in all of their last six games. They're unbeaten since the transfer window opened. In fact in 2019 they are the form team of the division, with Thistle (and County) the same. There's no guarantee that this will continue, of course, but on current trajectory they'd overtake us in late March, and I think that's what will happen.

EOho8Pw.png

With regards to Tidser also, there's a huge difference in my eyes between someone who's given us 8 years of service or whatever it is and deciding to move to them if it's a multi year deal on decent money when we're not likely to offer him anything anyway than it is for a manager to move to them when they're rooted to the bottom of the table a couple of months after joining us, signing a whole squad and snaking off behind everyone's backs in the process.

32.gif

'Eight years service' that included six months of the club paying for a player that they couldn't register as well as sticking with him through several injuries during his first spell. Loyalty should cut both ways here instead of the bizarre free pass that some people are handing out to players under these circumstances. 

'Eight years service' that included six months of the club paying for a player that they couldn't register as well as sticking with him through several injuries during his first spell. Loyalty should cut both ways here instead of the bizarre free pass that some people are handing out to players under these circumstances.

That's really clutching at straws now. He's not allowed to leave because the club fucked up when signing him as if he was happy to sit around for 6 months doing nothing, or because as a football he had a couple of injuries over 8 years of service.

Not to mention the fact there's nothing to suggest that Morton have even offered him a new contract. Loyalty indeed.

32.gif

Archived