The Big 2018-19 Squad Thread - Page 118 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

The Big 2018-19 Squad Thread

TRVMP

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it's also quite telling that Reece Lyons started away at QOTS ahead of Thomson. If he's not even the best midfielder in the Reserves then we've done the right thing, as I imagine he'd have been earning more than most Reserve players.

Although that could be telling for other reasons - that JJ is blindly bought into the 'push the youths' policy, or that Anderson and Sutton are exerting far too much influence rather than just a telling reflection of Thomson's ability.

There's question marks there, but it worked out on that occasion.

The fact we have a worse defensive record than Falkirk is a total riddy. Bin Kilday, Tumilty and McKeown in January and if we're not able to find anyone to bring in to replace them then get the training cones from training in the starting line up. Can't be any worse.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

The fact we have a worse defensive record than Falkirk is a total riddy. Bin Kilday, Tumilty and McKeown in January and if we're not able to find anyone to bring in to replace them then get the training cones from training in the starting line up. Can't be any worse.

How do you propose we do that?  They are under contract.  Unless we have a pot of money hidden somewhere to fund new signings, we are unlikely to be able to persuade them to leave.  Of course someone might come in and offers them a deal - unlikely in the extreme.  Maybe Mckinnon would like to have Tumilty and Mckeown, seeing as he signed them in the first place and so presumably thought they were good.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

How do you propose we do that?  They are under contract.  Unless we have a pot of money hidden somewhere to fund new signings, we are unlikely to be able to persuade them to leave.  Of course someone might come in and offers them a deal - unlikely in the extreme.  Maybe Mckinnon would like to have Tumilty and Mckeown, seeing as he signed them in the first place and so presumably thought they were good.

We might have our hand forced in January depending how much money Thistle and Grangemouth are going to throw at it. There is every chance, if we don't recruit or recruit poorly in January, that we could find ourselves far closer to the bottom of the table than we want to be. 

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

Quote from Mcalister in the Tele

“We’ve got a big game next week against Dundee United who will be in a similar boat to us at Cappielow after what happened on Friday night.

“It starts today, and it might take senior players in the squad to start getting onto people about training properly.”

It might take? We are in december now and have had multiple embarrassments and now the leaders in the dressing room are maybe considering having a go at people for not training properly. 

What an absolute shambles this squad is. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

Thought it was a bit strange of McAllister to come out and call the majority of the squad as soft as shite. Although in fairness, any time I've seen us go behind this season the heads have immediately dropped. I wasn't at the Partick game so not sure what it was like then. On Saturday after that first goal went in it was game over. The body language of the back 5 was stinking, as well as their performances. 

Can only hope for an overhaul in Jan, which is probably wishful thinking. 

The team is so flat and generally boring to watch. 

I'm not so sure. I think there will be a few changes. I suspect there will be a number of situations where it will suit a player to move on. 

I do wonder if the type of thing that McAlister is talking about is a sign of players who are not fully committed. 

Waddell aside, the entire defence needs fixing. Can't see that happening in Jan. 

I'm hopefully that we can make 2 or 3 changes in those positions. It's just a hunch but I think it's possible - McKeown will head back down to England (where he seemed to be doing well outside football), Tumilty will move to Raith Rovers, and Buchanan will move to Partick Thistle. 

I also think we could see another 2 or 3 changes at the other end of the pitch, with Thomson going part time, MacLean heading back to Motherwell and Bell leaving. 

And Ryan Scully will leave for Falkirk. 

I'm probably very wrong!

Do people actually think McKeown and Tumilty are the worst players in the squad and are the first ones needing replaced?

jesus wept.

There's a difference between who are the worst players in the squad who need replaced and those who we might be able to move on.

That being said, who has performed worse than Tumilty this season?

Quote from Mcalister in the Tele

“We’ve got a big game next week against Dundee United who will be in a similar boat to us at Cappielow after what happened on Friday night.

“It starts today, and it might take senior players in the squad to start getting onto people about training properly.”

It might take? We are in december now and have had multiple embarrassments and now the leaders in the dressing room are maybe considering having a go at people for not training properly. 

What an absolute shambles this squad is. 

Said it before, but I don't particularly care for McAlister's tantrums. He's very far from flawless himself, and he appears to be admitting in that interview that he's an even less effective leader off the pitch than he is on it.

AWMSC

Yeah, McAlister's doing himself no favours here. Public tantrums at the rest of the squad might be acceptable - only might be - if he was contributing more than younger players himself, but he simply isn't.

It doesn't reflect well on Johansson either if players are resorting to that though.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Do people actually think McKeown and Tumilty are the worst players in the squad and are the first ones needing replaced?

jesus wept.

Besides possibly Kilday, Tumilty has been easily the worst first team regular I have seen in the games at Cappielow.

32.gif

Yeah, McAlister's doing himself no favours here. Public tantrums at the rest of the squad might be acceptable - only might be - if he was contributing more than younger players himself, but he simply isn't.

It doesn't reflect well on Johansson either if players are resorting to that though.

The fact that he appears to be saying he hasn't been trying to motivate his team mates and that he, Millar and Tidser are having what are ultimately pretty snidey conversations about their colleagues behind their backs really isn't acceptable.

I find his thing about "players of different generations" to be pretty laughable if nothing else: how many times did it take McAlister and his colleagues to escape the Second Division? How committed were that rag-tag bunch of chancers? We could live without his holier-than-thou routine, he's been part of much bigger debacles than what we're seeing this season.

AWMSC

Archived