The Famous v Dumbarton - Return of the Duff - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

The Famous v Dumbarton - Return of the Duff

'Bit of bother' = a player from our crack development squad - who are already deemed good enough to fill any other position in the team - plays a single game at most before we effortlessly secure a loan replacement. Or we could spend what little budget there is going round now on a keeper who won't even sit on the bench between September-January(May) and then have to sign some cheap, dung centre back to be first choice and chuck in goals every single week.

Panic signing goalkeepers because of one injury is one of the reasons why we can never have nice things at Morton.

Do we have a development keeper? They freed Farrell and Pearson is injured.

I agree with the sentiment of not wasting first team budget (granted should be on 1 quality, rather than the unknown we are putting our trust in) just curious if there is a development body to even fill the gap.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do we have a development keeper? They freed Farrell and Pearson is injured.

I agree with the sentiment of not wasting first team budget (granted should be on 1 quality, rather than the unknown we are putting our trust in) just curious if there is a development body to even fill the gap.

My thoughts too. Don't think we have another Goalkeeper on the full-time books and think the one who played in Portugal was very young.

I thought Morton would maybe have released the squad numbers for the players on the website before tonight's game

The squad numbers are only required for the league IIRC. In the Cup we can play 1-11 if we want to.

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

Millar, McHugh and Muirhead all on the bench this evening is surprising. I don’t think that starting eleven would look out of place at a play-off chasing outfit in the seaside leagues. Mebbe they’ll prove me wrong by delivering some scintillating, Ajax 2018/19 displays from nowhere, but the clear lack of proven quality in this squad gives me the fear right now.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Got to temper it with the fact Dumbarton had abiut four players a week or so ago and are an absolute rabble, but we've been pretty decent after first half an hour.

Hard working sprinkled with quality which is exactly what you'd expect from a hopkin side.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

Got to temper it with the fact Dumbarton had abiut four players a week or so ago and are an absolute rabble, but we've been pretty decent after first half an hour.

Hard working sprinkled with quality which is exactly what you'd expect from a hopkin side.

Our own squad isn't exactly settled either, and we've had rotten early cup games for years. No argument that Dumbarton are below our level, but that didn't stop them in the League Cup last time.

EOho8Pw.png

Archived