Davie McKinnon.. New Chief Executive? - Page 8 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Davie McKinnon.. New Chief Executive?

Given the context of the interview, I don't think the Rangers stuff was too much- he discussed the likes of Alan Ball and Pat Rice as much as he did Davie Cooper for example. It was an all encompassing interview that covered his career as a whole and gave plenty of time to his ambitions for Morton.

The media are often justifiably criticised for fawning over former Rangers or Celtic bit-part players' tenuous links to either club, but in this case, his time at all his clubs was covered relatively fairly.

On your point about not getting along with the fans, something you haven't noted is his relationship with the staff at Cappielow, specifically the non-playing staff. We've heard whispers that his relationship with Raymond was one of the catalysts for his departure, and I'd be interested to see the turnover of non-playing staff throughout Hawke's tenure. Of course the departures of Johansson and Houston were welcome developments, but were poorly handled by the club, and on a day that Hawke was "off sick". He also managed to take a holiday that coincided with the club's AGM in April 2018.

That lack of leadership and ability to take responsibility is Hawke's legacy for me. When the shit hit that fan he was nowhere to be seen. An absolute chancer.

On another note, I've heard from two different people, both strangers who are employed by Browning's Bakers, that we'll be using them for our catering for next season. The first was a guy I met in Brussels at the Scotlnd game and the second a guy I was talking to in a pub in Glasgow before heading to Annan the other day. They, of course are well renowned for producing the original Killie Pie, so that can only be seen as a positive for McKinnon.

Whilst I did say I was impressed by him approaching folk at the game the other night, one thing I'm not sure about is his knowledge of just how ingrained the mistrust and cynicism towards the club is amongst the support, and maybe neither are all of us.

I remember reading Jim McInally saying en-route to winning the league in 2007 that he wanted to rid that from the club, but to be honest I don't think we ever have got rid of it. It's been there since the collapse of 2004 and will take an awful lot of work to finally get rid of it.

When he said the other week that he felt the support had been won back I couldn't help but think that he didn't have a clue about the bigger picture there. He's made an encouraging start, and certainly appears to be a massive upgrade on that tit Hawke, but winning the unequivocal trust of the support is a job that will take years- it's not something that'll be done over a summer. Perhaps he feels that by being a lot more honest than Hawke will do that, but Hawke was only one of many people down the years who have let the club and fans down. Best of luck to him in doing that, though.

Aye, relationships and leadership are possibly the way to describe it.

Like I was trying to say, he had decent ideas and left a lot half formed and with little trust in them so being a consultant rather than leader would have been a better role.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reading the 'Arseholes' thread and then seeing Dave McKinnon's interview makes me even more convinced that Bertie Auld is well deserving of his nomination.

I challenge anyone reading this to watch this and not feel repulsed by him (well, apart from Cooncillor Chris*):

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=y7jmi45nsl0

*he'll need to get out of Charabanc Sandy's pocket first:

https://www.greenocktelegraph.co.uk/news/17752259.call-made-public-organisations-39-buy-local-39-help-create-jobs-inverclyde/

*insert signature here*

Reading the 'Arseholes' thread and then seeing Dave McKinnon's interview makes me even more convinced that Bertie Auld is well deserving of his nomination.

I challenge anyone reading this to watch this and not feel repulsed by him (well, apart from Cooncillor Chris*):

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=y7jmi45nsl0

*he'll need to get out of Charabanc Sandy's pocket first:

https://www.greenocktelegraph.co.uk/news/17752259.call-made-public-organisations-39-buy-local-39-help-create-jobs-inverclyde/

Repulsed? I mean, its not quite Jamie Robson smashing a Venom whilst driving with Celtic Symphony blaring in the background.

You’re exactly the person who should get it then, good luck

Nah, I like Toby but he's not. I'm sure he'll agree with me here but the point is is't a decent prize for a lot of people. The problem was it was a bit over sold but that's probably done no harm as it got attention.

I don't know what any of that means!?! Who is Jamie Robson??

The woman beater who plays at LB/LM for Dundee Utd. He filmed himself drinking a Venom (cocktail) whilst driving and singing Celtic Symphony (the Wolfe Tones).

The woman beater who plays at LB/LM for Dundee Utd. He filmed himself drinking a Venom (cocktail) whilst driving and singing Celtic Symphony (the Wolfe Tones).

Sounds like a cunt, and an irrelevant one at that. When is he signing for Clyde?

*insert signature here*

Don't forget his more recent disciplining for 'blacking up' and dressing as a lookie lookie man for a fancy dress party & then posting the pics online.

"He's not the messiah........He's a very naughty boy!.............Now P*ss Off!"

Don't forget his more recent disciplining for 'blacking up' and dressing as a lookie lookie man for a fancy dress party & then posting the pics online.

Michael Doyle was Prone to that but nobody batted and eyelid.

Even blacked up for the Morton team footgolf day.

Archived