Morton vs. Alloa: The Hounding season continues.... 10/11/18 - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Morton vs. Alloa: The Hounding season continues.... 10/11/18

capitanus

I’ve noticed both Iredale and Tidser recently talking up McAlister’s contribution- could it be that he’s doing a lot that we’re not noticing and allowing others to play?

On a side note, I see Toby’s on the front of the programme. Excellent.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

McAlister's workrate is phenomenal and in spite of his age he seems a mobile as ever. I think that much of the quality we have seen from Tidser this season is due to the freedom he has to play because of the role McAlister fills.

He was outstanding last week but I think he has a key role in the system we are presently playing and I'm not sure that we have anyone ideally suited to replace him as yet.

I’ve noticed both Iredale and Tidser recently talking up McAlister’s contribution- could it be that he’s doing a lot that we’re not noticing and allowing others to play?

On a side note, I see Toby’s on the front of the programme. Excellent.

He's absolute nails. Close as we've got to a hardman in the middle of the park. I think we'd notice more if he wasn't playing. 

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Is McAlister not just getting over an illness that he played through for the majority of the start of the season?

He certainly does a lot of organising others around him. Keep an eye on him off the ball or when the ball goes out of play, he's often doing the Duffy role of telling players exactly where he wants them to be.

Am I correct that it's just the four former morton players we are up against today?

5-4 win for the ton as they will all score as usual.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

Not great so far but we've barely faced any danger that wasn't self-inflicted. We look alright down the wings but too much long ball speculation, and our corner delivery needs improvement. Gaston's distribution is significantly improved this season imo.

EOho8Pw.png

To the surprise of no-one, this has been poor stuff.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Alloa well organised. Only players being allowed space are our centrebacks. We don't look like we can pass through them so it needs more people running at them and committing them in to creating spaces like Buchanan did. Too many players happy to play a three yard first time pass and act like it's their job done rather than take any responsibility, mcalister is especially bad for this and should be driving the midfield on like he did when he was through on goal.

Front two aren't pressing high enough either and we are not stretching their defence at all when we have the ball. Loads of times Tumilty had the ball and both strikers are standing towards the left hand side of the pitch giving him no options.

Alloa couldn't have hoped for an easier game so far. Much room for improvement but at least we haven't conceded five.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

Archived