The Famous v Partick - Page 12 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

The Famous v Partick

vikingTON

I would not be happy to see him back in a Morton strip, he never showed enough when he was with us apart from a wee bit of promise now then and the odd goal. He did not show enough of a threat wearing a Partick strip.. we are well rid of him, he will not get an offer from another championship club and I can only see him tumbling down the leagues trying to get a game and will eventually end up at the juniors somewhere.

Unfortunate really.

Considering he was trying to come back from a serious injury during the pre-season he should have bit the hand off Morton when they offered him a contract!  Bouncing between Livi and Partick not having a steady pre-season can't have helped his rehab and just shows how badly advised he was!  He should bin his agent and kindly inform his Jose to mind his own business.

Unless he recaptures the early form he showed for us asap I think you you may be right about a career in the seasides!

here today, gone to hell

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Considering he was trying to come back from a serious injury during the pre-season he should have bit the hand off Morton when they offered him a contract! Bouncing between Livi and Partick not having a steady pre-season can't have helped his rehab and just shows how badly advised he was! He should bin his agent and kindly inform his Jose to mind his own business.

Unless he recaptures the early form he showed for us asap I think you you may be right about a career in the seasides!

That’s easy to say in hindsight after a resounding victory, but I made the point about the “bad advice” a few weeks ago- is going to Partick a worse option than staying at Morton if you take the rose tinted glasses off? Okay, they’re sh*te just now and we’re on a wee run, but how many Morton players ever get capped at under 21 level? What media exposure do players get at Morton compared to Partick? Are his first team opportunities reduced?

To most players in Scotland, Partick is a better option than Morton sadly. Ray Von made the point last week that Falkirk will probably play in the Premiership before we will- the same could be said for Partick. Hopefully Morton can prove us wrong, but I don’t imagine many neutral observers would dispute these points.

Prior to his injury I thought he was a rough diamond who would, with the correct coaching, have a really good career and bring us in a lot of money.

Sadly on Saturday's performance he looks a spent force which for such a young man is a sad situation and a reminder to how brief a football career can be.

Prior to his injury I thought he was a rough diamond who would, with the correct coaching, have a really good career and bring us in a lot of money.

Sadly on Saturday's performance he looks a spent force which for such a young man is a sad situation and a reminder to how brief a football career can be.

He's 21. I think it's a bit early to be writing him off from making a decent career for himself.

He's never going to be a world beater but maybe only needs a season or 2 injury free.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

He's 21. I think it's a bit early to be writing him off from making a decent career for himself.

He's never going to be a world beater but maybe only needs a season or 2 injury free.

Correct there's still a decent player in there, fitness depending. He's still quick and strong, the main problem for him at Partick at the moment is he's getting zero service can you think of one ball in behind they played for him!? 

AFAIK we last scored five at home at this level when Brian Wake bagged two and orchestrated a 5-0, absolute drubbing of Raith Rovers on 14 November 2009. 

We of course horsed Queen of the South 5-0 on their own midden in the 2016-17 campaign. 

Was just looking at this, it is indeed our best result at home at this level in 9 years since that 5-0 game.

This result was prob better than that though as we were only 1 up on Raith until they got a man sent off and we went on to score another 4.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_div_1/8358617.stm

Away and bile yer heed. What a crap thing to say about one of our best players.

The Denny Johnstone of a few years ago would be one of our better players, right now there is a huge question mark over him. He has had struggles with injuries, and what would appear to be complete lack of form, over the last couple of years... has a lot to prove. His signing was a complete gamble.

"When the seagulls follow the trawler, it's because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea."

Quitongo looks like he thinks he’s still playing for us when he goes on at the full time whistle.

He used to do that when he was with us too, albeit sarcastically. (Clap the opposition fans I mean)

I don't think there was much sarcasm in that tbh.

Maybe he now wishes he was still playing for us.

**** him

I think his dad done enough to get him away from Morton, I very much doubt he’ll be coming back.

Right enough, if he did come back in January I’m sure someone could organise a Portuguese day for the last home game.

The bit in bold.

I reckon that his father's guidance will prove a hindrance to his career in the long term. He will go from Partick to Hamilton at best, flounder then wind up on the Shite club circuit.

With the benefit of hindsight we should have cashed in on him to the first club who bid any reasonable money.

*insert signature here*

With the benefit of hindsight we should have cashed in on him to the first club who bid any reasonable money.

That's easy to say now, but it's not a straight calculation between getting nothing for him (which the club shouldn't have done anyway, we were still entitled to compensation) and getting whatever was offered for him.

The only concrete news of an offer we had was from Doncaster at the end of August 16 when he'd only just broken into the team and it was reportedly 100K. That doesn't mean we're down 100K on what we would have had we sold him - that offer came before the League Cup quarter final, Quitongo was crucial to winning that game and making the semi-final made us considerably more than 100K.

Maybe if he had gone to England we'd have got a sell-on clause as well, maybe he wouldn't have ever suffered the first injury that was maybe what set off his body turning to glass, maybe playing down there would have suited him perfectly with their penchant for physical battering ram centre forwards and maybe the sell on clause would have delivered us much more than 100K in the end, but that's all just speculation. It's a fact that we made more than £100K through results with Quitongo in the team and that justified the club rejecting the offer.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

That's easy to say now, but it's not a straight calculation between getting nothing for him (which the club shouldn't have done anyway, we were still entitled to compensation) and getting whatever was offered for him.

The only concrete news of an offer we had was from Doncaster at the end of August 16 when he'd only just broken into the team and it was reportedly 100K. That doesn't mean we're down 100K on what we would have had we sold him - that offer came before the League Cup quarter final, Quitongo was crucial to winning that game and making the semi-final made us considerably more than 100K.

Maybe if he had gone to England we'd have got a sell-on clause as well, maybe he wouldn't have ever suffered the first injury that was maybe what set off his body turning to glass, maybe playing down there would have suited him perfectly with their penchant for physical battering ram centre forwards and maybe the sell on clause would have delivered us much more than 100K in the end, but that's all just speculation. It's a fact that we made more than £100K through results with Quitongo in the team and that justified the club rejecting the offer.

At that time he looked like he had the potential to have a good career as well so it wasn't enough. He's just back from her another long term injury so I don't think he can be fully judged yet.

Archived