The Road To Hampden 18/19 Scottish Cup Draw.. - Page 5 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

The Road To Hampden 18/19 Scottish Cup Draw..

delboy66

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I heard on the radio last night that the new deal agreed by the SFA will actually include more cup games being shown on free-to-air tv than they've had previously. For us that'll likely mean bloody scaffolding in the 'Shed and sub 1200 crowds of an evening...

BBC Scotland will televise 11 live Scottish Cup matches per campaign. 1 match from each of the first three rounds, 2 live games from each of the fourth, fifth and sixth rounds, 1 of the semis and the final.

Premier Sports have struck the same deal.

They will also be able to stream all 11 matches on the BBC Sport website and will have highlights clips in the week following the matches.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46182485

I'm f*cked for the next year or so as my new contract with Sky is for 18 months. Although as part of it they did say BT Sport will be becoming part of their package which should reduce my bill further.

One positive we can take is that, certainly at the moment anyway, Premier Sports allow you to cancel at any opportunity, so you don't necessarily have to pay £120 for a full year's subscription. With the early rounds and the final being shown live on the BBC, you could conceivably subscribe from January to April and not miss anything.

With the Scottish Cup being relatively minor to a UK-wide audience, I can't see that changing.

I do know someone that had Premier and had to go through their bank this year to cancel the contract as they were pretty much refusing (even though its illegal) but wether that was just him I ain’t sure. Android boxes are the way to go though.

I do know someone that had Premier and had to go through their bank this year to cancel the contract as they were pretty much refusing (even though its illegal) but wether that was just him I ain’t sure. Android boxes are the way to go though.

They did try to make it extremely difficult for me to cancel last season once the Scottish clubs were knocked out of Europe until I put the foot down with them. This time was much easier- I lost my bank card so as soon as the money stopped coming in I was cut off.

Archived