The Big 2018-19 Squad Thread - Page 117 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

The Big 2018-19 Squad Thread

TRVMP

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As a side note, if McIntyre doesn't want him back, I expect Dundee to spend big again in a desperate attempt to stay up.

Get the dancing shoes out.

Either that or he's not had Waddell watched, simply looked at our results and thought 'nah, can't be good enough'. 

An excellent decision. 

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

That's equally outstanding and unbelievable news. He's been our best defender by a mile and the thought of this defence without him is not pleasant. Now we can look to build on what we have in defence in January rather than scrambling to cope with losing our best centre back.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

It probably makes sense from Waddell's perspective to stay here for the second half of the season. He's enjoying his increase in playing time and seems quite settled in the area. Being a stand out in a mediocre Championship side and playing every single week will develop him more as a player and increase his chances of finding a club next season. Compare that to returning to Dundee, not being guaranteed a game and probably ending up relegated anyway. 

• 2 weeks later...

It's not been mentioned on here, but did anyone else see Scully's tear stained 'I shouldn't have been dropped' interview on the Tele?

Very ill advised in my opinion.

There was one in the evening times the other week were he said he had it out with JJ

The Thomson signing would have made a lot of sense, had Duffy still been in charge. All the hallmarks of a Duffy 6 month ringer deal and it was Duffy that first invited him in after all. Why McKinnon followed through with signing him is bewildering, almost as bewildering as how Thomson seemed to just disappear and not get near even the bench most weeks. Was he just that bad?

No loss him being gone, was pointless while he was here. Connor Bell can go with him for all we've seen or heard of him.

Wages saved. Unlikely to be much but clearing the decks ahead of strengthening is welcome.

The Thomson signing would have made a lot of sense, had Duffy still been in charge. All the hallmarks of a Duffy 6 month ringer deal and it was Duffy that first invited him in after all. Why McKinnon followed through with signing him is bewildering, almost as bewildering as how Thomson seemed to just disappear and not get near even the bench most weeks. Was he just that bad?

No loss him being gone, was pointless while he was here. Connor Bell can go with him for all we've seen or heard of him.

Wages saved. Unlikely to be much but clearing the decks ahead of strengthening is welcome.

He was absolutely howling vs Dumbarton, only time I saw him.

Has anyone actually watched him play since he last went over to Ireland?

He came on as a sub in the second half against Man U Reserves, I know it was a friendly but he doesn't look any better than what we have in midfield already. There's far more pressing issues than the midfield at the moment that I'd rather put the resources towards. 

He was absolutely howling vs Dumbarton, only time I saw him.

I think it's also quite telling that Reece Lyons started away at QOTS ahead of Thomson. If he's not even the best midfielder in the Reserves then we've done the right thing, as I imagine he'd have been earning more than most Reserve players. 

I think it's also quite telling that Reece Lyons started away at QOTS ahead of Thomson. If he's not even the best midfielder in the Reserves then we've done the right thing, as I imagine he'd have been earning more than most Reserve players.

Correct. I would be surprised if Lyon was the only youngster further ahead of him in the pecking order. Would be surprised if he ever played professional football again.

Archived