MOTM/Player Ratings vs Dundee 21st September - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

MOTM/Player Ratings vs Dundee 21st September

Admin

MOTM  

40 members have voted

1. 1. vs Dundee

• Danny Rogers
    • Lewis Strapp
    • Peter Grant
    • Jack Baird
    • Stephen Welsh
    • Chris Millar
    • Jim McAlister
    • Reece Lyon
    • Luca Colville
    • Nicky Cadden
    • John Sutton
    • Cameron Blues
    • Cameron Salkeld
    • Brian McLean

We've all had a fair moan about the defence in recent times, but it looked pretty solid yesterday.

Obviously wasn't there but the Dundee fans on P&B are saying they had a ton of chances but just couldn't hit the target. Was that the case?

EOho8Pw.png

Obviously wasn't there but the Dundee fans on P&B are saying they had a ton of chances but just couldn't hit the target. Was that the case?

Rogers had one save of note in the first half after good play from McDaid who disappeared not long after.

McLean had the goal saving block in injury time. I think they had a couple of headed chances.

The second half they had a lot of possession. We sat deeper and deeper the longer the half went on. They didn't cut us open though.

We were happy to hit on the break in the second half. I thought we pressed them well high up the park. We denied them space as well. All of a sudden we seemed to have a good defensive shape and a game plan.

Although they had a lot of possession and territory, I didn't think they overly troubled us, so don't know what game the Dundee fans were watching.

They had a few chances but none more than usual, but they were effectively dealt with.

I'm actually surprised by how crap Dundee were, I honestly thought they'd have had a bit more to them. However, they'll still be thereabouts the play-offs whilst the Morton arses will collapse and we'll finish seventh. Nothing surer.

*insert signature here*

No glaring failures in that game. Defence was solid. Grant immense, Strapp solid and in the second half his interceptions to initiate attacks were promising. Sutton ran himself into the ground. Rogers had one superb save to make and did nothing wrong, collecting long high balls confidently. Difficult to pick a MotM but I think Grant gets it for his superb goal on top of a near faultless defensive display.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

I thought Rogers did well on Saturday too. Stood in the Sinclair st end behind the goal for the first time in a few years and there's a fair share of idiots there hounding Rogers during the 2nd half for things outwith his control. Hopefully he's thick skinned!

Rogers - 7

Strapp - 10

Grant - 9

Baird - 7

Welsh - 7

Millar - 7

McAlister - 7

Lyon - 7

Colville - 7

Cadden - 8

Sutton - 8

Blues - 2

Salkeld - 6

McLean - 9

Miller 7

Blues 2

They played a half each and Blues was by far the more effective of the two.

Apart from that I wouldn't argue too much with your ratings.

Thought Salkeld actually did well and giving McLean 9 for one significant block/tackle is a bit on the generous side.

Bet you loved destroying sand castles when you were a child

It wasn't me that gave him the 2 for no other reason than continuing to have a pulse.

And destroying sand castles is fucking epic. The bigger the better. Why do you think we keep bombing the middle east?

Archived