Morton v Dundee - Page 3 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Morton v Dundee

Ton4life

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FFS, do you have nothing good to say about anybody, other than. Brian Wake.

Sir David Irons and Sir Gavin Gunning can vouch for that. Just not about anonymous and ineffective footballers, because I’m not some weirdo happy-clapper. Next.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Far worse Morton 'teams' than this lot have still managed to SWORD the Diddees and I will accept nothing less from today's match either. Get them hounded.

^^^ kenned the score

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

A good three points but even better that we kept a clean sheet.

Grant and Baird should be the starting centre backs though they were solid today. However I I went to point out the phenomenal last minute block McLean put in that stopped a certain goal, he is certainly worth bringing on when we are trying to see out a game and switching to a back 5 as his lack of pace can be covered.

Im making perfect sense, your just not keeping up.

My Twitter - 
https://twitter.com/RJChesh

I've criticised Grant quite a bit but he was excellent today. No nonsense from him.

We still gave away some daft chances but we were pretty solid for the most part and frustrated them while having a few good spells.

Today was the type of performance I expected from a Hopkin team and would be happy to build on this.

Also, Blues put in a decent shift today when he came on so maybe all isn't lost with him.

Certainly not the free flowing attacking football we (kind of) seen earlier in the season but good to see us get a clean sheet and limited them to very few clear cut chances. Can only think of 1 save Rogers made but likewise we hardly tested their keeper. Not great to watch but happy to take that and gives us something to build on.

Our crowds are a concern, 1500-1600 home fans on a glorious day, club have a big task to attract the absent fans back.

Some fans need to check when the game kicks off btw. Shouting for the final whistle when it's 88 minutes on the clock. He played 4 mins, some guy was convinced it was over 7!

On the back of a bad run I'm not surprised at the crowd.

Not sure how much of a difference it makes, but our ticketing system is still a joke. My guess is that if someone's motivated enough to try to struggle through the online interface, then they're going to the game come hell or high water. But a more accessible system that actually works - one that can be used through one's phone, especially - might coax a few more people through the turnstiles.

EOho8Pw.png

Some fans need to check when the game kicks off btw. Shouting for the final whistle when it's 88 minutes on the clock. He played 4 mins, some guy was convinced it was over 7!

You'll never, ever get some fans to understand that the second half doesn't always kick off at exactly 4pm. It just won't happen. 4.45pm is 90 minutes, and that's that.

Not sure how much of a difference it makes, but our ticketing system is still a joke. My guess is that if someone's motivated enough to try to struggle through the online interface, then they're going to the game come hell or high water. But a more accessible system that actually works - one that can be used through one's phone, especially - might coax a few more people through the turnstiles.

Imagine if it was Hawke hanging about in the cowshed then dugout while people where outside waiting...

Excellent win. We really needed to avoid a losing run developing so early and now we can think about getting a gap between ourselves and the bottom two by the end of the first quarter.

If Dundee are going to be a mid-table rabble and no better under McPake, someone could scrap their way to fourth ahead of them, but we shouldn’t get carried away this early.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Excellent win. We really needed to avoid a losing run developing so early and now we can think about getting a gap between ourselves and the bottom two by the end of the first quarter.

If Dundee are going to be a mid-table rabble and no better under McPake, someone could scrap their way to fourth ahead of them, but we shouldn’t get carried away this early.

This defence also looked pretty tidy

Can see them bagging him soon if they continue to be inconsistent and outside the top 4. 7 points and growing off their rivals after 6 games and their fans are growing impatient.

Archived