MCT Members Terms and Conditions - Page 3 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

MCT Members Terms and Conditions

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

9SBC’s coming across like Gordon slagging this board on Twitter because he's been punted for being a fanny, rather than being treated like one.

I’m still not convinced by MCT, but it’s literally months old- there’s no great rush to get someone immediately on the board or to be dishing out prizes just yet- let them walk before they can run.

Given he won’t reveal his identity, none of us know for certain who he is, but there certainly appears to be Trust links. The Trust couldn’t have carried this out though, it had lost the trust and goodwill of the support, rightly or wrongly after that night ten years ago. Time to let that one go, it’s dead in the water.

In order to have a positive influence 9SBC, would you not be better off on the inside of the tent pissing out, rather than o the outside pissing in? Or is that too much of a climbdown for you?

I'm loving posts on this thread that read like spiteful texts sent to an ex after one drink too many. Delicious seethe. 

It's a pleasure to meet your approval, Bishop.

We don't know the details of the Van Shaik, but it could well be that the club's payout to him was less than the cost of keeping a crocked player on the payroll for the rest of the season. If that is the case then we've done the right thing both for the player, who wanted back to Holland, and the club who saved money after a signing didn't pay off. As mentioned above, rectifying mistakes quickly is very un-Morton like and long may it continue. 

Whereas I agree that we've done the right thing by letting him leave so soon and cancelling his contract, if indeed that's what happened, it strikes me that he was signed without using due diligence.

I'm disappointed with the squad we've built thus far but that doesn't mean I want Morton fans deciding who we should and shouldn't be pursuing.

I'll go a step further than that - the fans shouldn't be on the hook for forking out extra cash for the players - that should be the responsibilities of the incumbent owners of the club. They should either shape up or sell up.

The supporters are already paying for season tickets, admission fees, buying shirts and merchandise etc.

Morton aren't a charity, and aren't a poor club either. We shouldn't be allowed to be decline to a Dumbarton or Airdrie level of mediocrity, which is what the current squad resembles. All because the Rae Family are hell-bent on ruining their fathers legacy.

*insert signature here*

Archived