Season Tickets - Page 10 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Season Tickets

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chance of winning a 15k car for all season ticket holders on the first league game of the season during the half time draw.

Partnership with Greenock Arnold Clark

That's actually a very decent incentive. A new car sweepstakes would normally have tens if not hundreds of thousands of entries. Now granted they wouldn't cost 300 to enter, but this entry is in addition to an item of value - the season ticket itself.

EOho8Pw.png

That's actually a very decent incentive. A new car sweepstakes would normally have tens if not hundreds of thousands of entries. Now granted they wouldn't cost 300 to enter, but this entry is in addition to an item of value - the season ticket itself.

Chance to win suggests the season ticket holder will need to do something in order to win it, I doubt its as straight forward as one season ticket holder will walk away with a new car!

Chance to win suggests the season ticket holder will need to do something in order to win it, I doubt its as straight forward as one season ticket holder will walk away with a new car!

Yeah, it does sound like there will be some additional hoops to jump through, but nonetheless the starting odds are pretty good.

Building on this kind of thing with local companies can only be a good thing, IMO. Unless they Morton it, which is sadly a possibility.

EOho8Pw.png

I suspect the clue is in saying "can win" rather than will win.

Based on some of the dodgy English used in other tweets today, I think that's reading too much into it and giving the tweeter too much credit for careful wording.

Reads to me like a draw at the first home game rather than some other convoluted scheme like a Crossbar challenge or anything.

Our twitter has tweeted an awful lot today. Some awful use of the English language thrown in for a good Morton measure

Whilst the grammar is pretty rotten, it seems like a move in the right direction in trying maximise the reach of the social media pages. There's a lot of things that could be done on that front: things like a player of the week (old or current) with some interviews, playlists etc, photos of the day, infographics for the next match and so on, although that really should be going hand-in-hand with getting a grip of the website and online "store" (such as it is). Not much point generating a load of traffic if you've not got anything to show for it at the end - even people who manage a popular tweet jump on the bandwagon to try to promote something or other.

The photos of the bus arriving at the ground and the like might be a wee bit cheesy, but it's a way to generate a wee bit of excitement for younger fans in particular so hats off for the effort. 

AWMSC

I'll be fucked if I'm shelling out £300 on a season ticket if we're filling our squad with Brechin City rejects.

^^this, no matter how good “hoppy” is, he can’t turn absolute shite into competent players at the level were at.

^^this, no matter how good “hoppy” is, he can’t turn absolute shite into competent players at the level were at.

Well, that's the gamble. It's been near-conclusively shown that, in England at least, a change of manager is by far the most cost-effective way to change a team's fortunes. You are correct that a manager can't turn a bad player into a good one, but he can turn some bad players into stuffy ones who grind out results. With the Raes putting the club on starvation rations, to divert limited funds towards the man in the dugout makes more sense than funding one or even two marquee signings, in my view. It's far from ideal, but it's maybe the best we can make of a bad situation.

Put it this way. I'm far from happy with the caliber of some of the guys that have been linked with us - that Dutchman is a particular shocker - but between Hopkin and anyone else who's been in charge in recent history, I'd fancy him to at least make a poor squad competitive.

Of course, if people don't want to go and watch that, I don't blame them in the least.

EOho8Pw.png

Aye. I have more faith in Hopkin to make this squad playoff challengers than I would any of their recent predecessors. He’s not a miracle worker though. Livingston were extremely well coached but as has been pointed out, their back three was better than what we’ll be fielding this season, and probably (at this stage) had an overall better squad.

Archived