The Big 2018-19 Squad Thread - Page 120 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

The Big 2018-19 Squad Thread

TRVMP

Yeah, suppose so. A cup final and a trip to some bumpkin village in Wales would be a terrible thing to happen admist another s***e bottom half finish.

What's the point exactly of Morton if mid-table drudgery and no cup success of any kind is the order of the day? Might as well just appoint Dick Campbell, stick Dunga McClung in as captain and play our games at Parklea if we don't want to achieve something. We really ain't in a position to be looking down our noses at any tournament. 

AWMSC

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

East Fife being in a Scottish Cup final has nothing to do with valuing the challenge Cup.

If you asked them if they would swap their challenge Cup semi final to be where Morton is they'd bite your hand off for it.

Challenge Cup is a trophy for me that you get excited about once you reach the semi final, but until then we could play our under 12s team for all I care.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

East Fife being in a Scottish Cup final has nothing to do with valuing the challenge Cup.

If you asked them if they would swap their challenge Cup semi final to be where Morton is they'd bite your hand off for it.

Challenge Cup is a trophy for me that you get excited about once you reach the semi final, but until then we could play our under 12s team for all I care.

It isn't, no, but it's a bloody grim state of affairs that East Fife have had more national success than Morton, and in the post-war period too. Morton's modern record is pish and so is the historical one. If we want to run about with ideas of being a "sleeping giant" we should probably do something about it rather than tolerate season after season mediocrity. 

AWMSC

I wouldn’t mind having a cup final to look forward to, however tinpot it might be, in seasons as bleak as this. Don’t blame folk for not giving a toss though, get the colts/foreigners in the bin.

No, get the colts in the bin and replace them with more Highland & Lowland League sides. Keep the foreigners, the chance of a good away trip is infinitely preferable to getting Dumbarton away for the millionth time.

It's an absolute guarantee that everyone who talks about not giving a fuck about the Challenge Cup and supports playing the youth teamwould love a final.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Scottish Championship strugglers Falkirk are poised to make a January transfer move to sign Motherwell striker Ross MacLean on a permanent basis, with the 21-year-old haven fallen out of favour on loan to Greenock

It gives added meaning to the "their not our players" thing if they know that at least one of them is already a Falkirk player in their head.

That being said, who knows if there's actually something to this is or if it's in the paper because we've all been thinking it anyway.

No, get the colts in the bin and replace them with more Highland & Lowland League sides. Keep the foreigners, the chance of a good away trip is infinitely preferable to getting Dumbarton away for the millionth time.

It's an absolute guarantee that everyone who talks about not giving a **** about the Challenge Cup and supports playing the youth teamwould love a final.

Can’t say I’m that bothered about it.

I booked to go on a stag do next year, when I checked who we were playing that weekend I noticed it was the date of the challenge cup final as well.

I didn’t think shit, if we make it to the final I’ll need to cancel my plans.

• 1 month later...

Original post updated with current squad list:

http://themortonforum.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=43491&p=1088907

I believe we have now exhausted the domestic loan market. If the rules are the same as last season, you can have 5 Scottish club loan players, of which 4 can be concurrent, and a maximum of 2 from any individual club, and 1 from a club in the same division. We now have reached the maximum of 4, and the maximum of 2 from Rangers. So any further loans will need to be from outside the SPFL.

EOho8Pw.png

Original post updated with current squad list:

http://themortonforum.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=43491&p=1088907

I believe we have now exhausted the domestic loan market. If the rules are the same as last season, you can have 5 Scottish club loan players, of which 4 can be concurrent, and a maximum of 2 from any individual club, and 1 from a club in the same division. We now have reached the maximum of 4, and the maximum of 2 from Rangers. So any further loans will need to be from outside the SPFL.

You forgot to remove Kyle Thomson...

• 3 weeks later...

Big well done to those ****ing morons Anderson and Sutton for throwing him back in when he clearly wasn’t ready.

A doomed attempt to land a management post that they 'deserved' (despite having no relevant credentials for the job). Not that that minor detail stopped the club from appointing another total novice but 'guid fitba man' to the position instead. 

Albeit working under difficult circumstances that were impossible to anticipate, the board's piss-poor handling of the post-Snake transition has fatally holed our campaign. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

A doomed attempt to land a management post that they 'deserved' (despite having no relevant credentials for the job). Not that that minor detail stopped the club from appointing another total novice but 'guid fitba man' to the position instead.

Albeit working under difficult circumstances that were impossible to anticipate, the board's piss-poor handling of the post-Snake transition has fatally holed our campaign.

God you’re guid.

Big well done to those ****ing morons Anderson and Sutton for throwing him back in when he clearly wasn’t ready.

Was obvious really early in that game he shouldn't have been starting, at the very least he should never have came back out at half-time. Leaving him on for 70 minutes was ridiculous, both for him and the way the game was going.

Hopefully those two never get near the full job.

AWMSC

Archived