Koronavirus - Page 12 - General Nonsense - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Koronavirus

capitanus

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd like to retract my previous post somewhat. When I first landed and was going through security (when I posted) they were very strict on distancing. However, I've been in the airport for around four hours now and I've not had my temperature checked once, the only hand sanitiser station is in the toilet (and it's now empty) and I've not seen anyone cleaning any surfaces around the place.

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

I'd like to retract my previous post somewhat. When I first landed and was going through security (when I posted) they were very strict on distancing. However, I've been in the airport for around four hours now and I've not had my temperature checked one, the only hand sanitiser station is in the toilet (and it's now empty) and I've not seen anyone cleaning any surfaces around the place. 

That is also the norm outside. The UK was unprepared for a pandemic and I suspect you will notice the difference. Best of luck getting hand sanitiser.

That is also the norm outside. The UK was unprepared for a pandemic and I suspect you will notice the difference. Best of luck getting hand sanitiser.

I think that you are perhaps being a bit harsh on the UK here. The UK seems to have put in place several laws and powers in place to mitigate against the effects of the pandemic, all at very short notice, the vast majority of people are adhering to public health and safety advice, the resources being thrown at the NHS are unheard of in modern times, makeshift hospitals have sprung up in very little time, manufacturing firms are redeploying resources to build invaluable health equipment, things like the Employment Retention Scheme have given an invaluable liferaft to many folk who would have otherwise have been thrown of the scrapheap by employers, and there has overall been a rebirth of community spirit with people helping each other in these times.

Overall the UK is not doing too badly, we may have some tough weeks/months ahead but as a nation we've collectively pulled out the stops to fight this. Time will only tell if it was enough, but it's no time to be Brit-bashing.

*insert signature here*

I'd like to retract my previous post somewhat. When I first landed and was going through security (when I posted) they were very strict on distancing. However, I've been in the airport for around four hours now and I've not had my temperature checked once, the only hand sanitiser station is in the toilet (and it's now empty) and I've not seen anyone cleaning any surfaces around the place.

Heathrow T5 is one of my least favourite places - a horrible, crowded, noisy, overpriced, soulless place coupled with the fact that you'd be flying with BA who never stick to time and dont give you a breakfast on the Glasgow flight anymore. The only positives in which I give the place are the Heathrow Express to Paddington, and the Plaza Lounge in which you get a nice curry and can watch all the planes come into land.

*insert signature here*

Sorry Cap but I do not agree with your red, white and blue take on it. I know too many people in the NHS who confirm a different view on events than what our political masters want the public to believe - crucial shortages of medical kit and as for our testing regime! We are reliant on people being willing to walk into danger hence why we owe a debt of gratitude to all in the NHS who know they are not fully kitted out but still do the job. Remember the current government even failed to join in a joint EU initiative to buy ventilators because they forgot to read their e-mails! As for preparation, this article is an interesting read - https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/mar/29/uk-strategy-to-address-pandemic-threat-not-properly-implemented

As for the public, I remain to be convinced they get it. I was walking the dog in the sunshine earlier today and watched as people had picnics on the beach, folk crowded together on benches, kids played in the bunkers on the golf course - social distancing my arse.

As for the public, I remain to be convinced they get it. I was walking the dog in the sunshine earlier today and watched as people had picnics on the beach, folk crowded together on benches, kids played in the bunkers on the golf course - social distancing my arse.

You aren't any better than them, using your shitting dog as an excuse for you going out for a dauner. That is fucking selfish behaviour, open your door and let your dog shit in your own garden instead of having it spreading germs and creating problems for the NHS.

*insert signature here*

You aren't any better than them, using your shitting dog as an excuse for you going out for a dauner. That is fucking selfish behaviour, open your door and let your dog shit in your own garden instead of having it spreading germs and creating problems for the NHS.

It belongs in the Kelbie Kennel Klub next to the thick brainless poodle from Linwood and all the scabby Cupar greyhounds. 

I will have you know my dog shites in the garden as well. I walk her because the government encourages us to be active once a day. Aside from lubricating supermarket trolleys, I am all in on the government lockdown guidelines. You offered to get the shopping in for Ernie? He ticks a lot of the high-risk boxes for Covid-19.

Eighth richest club in the world, far from little.

Arsenal, Liverpool and Man Utd are the only big clubs in England.

Then you have Chelsea and Man City. 

Tottenham fit into the tier of nobodies who haven't won a relevant trophy since before the Berlim Wall fell.

Arsenal, Liverpool and Man Utd are the only big clubs in England.

Then you have Chelsea and Man City. 

Tottenham fit into the tier of nobodies who haven't won a relevant trophy since before the Berlim Wall fell.

Tottenham are still a big rich club, with larger revenues than Chelsea and Arsenal, and whilst Man City have been successful in recent years this is largely as a result of financial doping, for which they have been disqualified from European competitions.

https://www2.deloitte.com/uk/en/pages/sports-business-group/articles/deloitte-football-money-league.html#

Tottenham have traditionally been the big money showbiz/glamour club of England, the club of Hoddle, Waddle, Gazza, Lineker & co. Then when the big money foreigners first came to England, they paid big money for Jurgen Klinsmann and David Ginola however despite all this, they are perennial underachievers.

Still a big club though, and the eighth richest club in the world. :)

*insert signature here*

When asked about Spurs a couple of years ago, Giorgio Chiellini summed them up perfectly...

“It’s the history of the Tottenham. They always create many chances and score so much, but in the end they miss always something to arrive at the end.”

Two League Cup wins in 30 years seems to suggest this.

Archived