Morton vs Ross County - Page 14 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Morton vs Ross County

Jamie_M

I can't believe I'm saying this, but given the recent run of form he is on* I would try and keep Tiffoney. He took his goals against Inverness and Partick very well and offers us pace and width in a midfield that lacks it.

*Is it a coincidence that he has pulled his finger out and started looking like an actual footballer since he knows his loan deal is coming to an end?

I was beginning to think that about his performances, he has come onto a game when due to return to parent club.

Do not see him forcing his way into the Livingston team at the moment.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It definitely looked like they were playing to an instruction to hold their shape and not let them in behind. The lack of pressing the ball is frustrating to supporters, but if we’d been tearing about closing the ball down and leaving big gaps they’d have probably turned us over.

Defensively it’s much much improved from the debacle at Dunfermline.

Exactly. County are playing with McKay up front. He's really effective playing on the shoulder but a bit useless apart from that. JJ's tactics were spot on. The Tidser substitution would surely have happened in the second half if we were still at 0-0.

Yes a First time poster here but before the naysayers pile in i am A Greenock Morton season ticket holder who has been attending home and away this season.

I justed wanted to offer the thought that Is it not perhaps reasonable that the new manager has now finally had the length of time to get the players working to a system that plays to current squad strengths as well as its limitations.

The one area that is evidently weak,and undermines counter attacking, is the current pace up front which will only be further diminished if Tiffs loan ends.

Reasonable that Morton could go unbeaten in January...Rejoice!

The next test will come when we need to play in a more assertive way against weaker opposition.

Or, to precis, "Saturday".

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Yes a First time poster here but before the naysayers pile in i am A Greenock Morton season ticket holder who has been attending home and away this season.

I justed wanted to offer the thought that Is it not perhaps reasonable that the new manager has now finally had the length of time to get the players working to a system that plays to current squad strengths as well as its limitations.

The one area that is evidently weak,and undermines counter attacking, is the current pace up front which will only be further diminished if Tiffs loan ends.

Reasonable that Morton could go unbeaten in January...Rejoice!

We've only played one game in January. Best not to be a jinx with your first post. :)

*insert signature here*

My tuppence after my first game of the season is that yes it was hard to watch at times, but there was a clear game-plan in place (specifically with the 0-5 in mind it seemed) and once we were in front I couldn't see us conceding. A satisfactory night from a tactical and result perspective.

The ticketing system is still absolute tinpot. I went collect from the ticket office and they just took my word for it when I said I'd booked online. She gave me a ticket without checking a list, a computer, my phone, anything...which is good to know for next time.

What Carew can do with a ball, I can do with an orange

My tuppence after my first game of the season is that yes it was hard to watch at times, but there was a clear game-plan in place (specifically with the 0-5 in mind it seemed) and once we were in front I couldn't see us conceding. A satisfactory night from a tactical and result perspective.

The ticketing system is still absolute tinpot. I went collect from the ticket office and they just took my word for it when I said I'd booked online. She gave me a ticket without checking a list, a computer, my phone, anything...which is good to know for next time.

:rolleyes:  :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...

Archived