Morton team of the decade - Page 3 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Morton team of the decade

Hej

Mark McLaughlin and Rutkwiewicz were past-it haddies. How anyone can put them over Lamie and Gunning, and even O'Ware, is laughable

McLaughlin was excellent for the first half of 12/13, but yeah, I agree. By March of that season they were both completely finished. Even before he noticeably declined over the course of the season, Rutkiewicz wasn’t particularly good at the start of it anyway. This is why Craig Reid played more games than either of them.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And here we are again, using number of games played to hastily shift the goalposts around to suit an agenda - when the objective case for any players who were actually contracted to and played for the club will do just fine instead.

Toto, Kelbie and Cham were all worse, Sabajo was also worse playing at a lower level and Luke Donnelly's sole contribution in his gubbins spell at the club was missing an absolute fucking sitter at Ibrox when that rabble were there for the taking. All of them are higher than Dallas on the list and Wallace is also there because we actually paid real money to sign him as a forward. In fact, Dallas wasn't even the worst forward to play for the club last season - step up, one 'Connor Bell' - and Orsi is also quite clearly an all-time dung pick from this season's crop as well.

Dallas is down there with Kudus scrapping it out for merely a place in the top ten of haddy forwards to have played for the club this decade. Just let that sink in.

Kabba-Modou Cham - 13 appearances, 3 goals

Andrew Dallas - 12 appearances, 0 goals

Goals are of course not the only way to judge a forward’s contribution, but everyone who watched him can testify to the fact that Dallas contributed fuck all in his all round play either.

The only centre forward with a comparably bad record to Dallas is Thomas Orr - difference being that five of Dallas’ 12 appearances were starts whereas only one of Orr’s 12 was. Even Kevin Kelbie managed 2 goals in 13 appearances (3 starts).

I want a full list of 10 worse than him, bearing in mind that the facts show the likes of Cham, O’Connor and Simmonds made less terrible contributions. Tony Wallace was not signed as a forward and most of his appearances for the club were in midfield, while Sabajo also played for us in the Championship, not at a lower level.

No issues with you listing someone like Toto, or as examples in other positions Henk Van Schaik or Dylan Dykes, as despite their limited appearances it was clear to see how bad they were. The example of Bell though shows why I chose to cut it at 10 appearances - none of us have the slightest clue if Connor Bell is any worse than anyone else on that list because none of us saw him play enough to actually make that judgement. That arguably makes him a worse signing as it was a total waste of wage to sign a guy and not use him, but doesn’t actually make him a poorer player.

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Bonus fun fact: Romario Sabajo started four games for the club. We won all four.

Bring him home.

This. There was a friendly against someone he produced this amazing run from one box to another, leaving players for dead, before sending the ball into orbit trying to score. I remember nothing else of his time here, but I think that’s all I need.

"clowncar selection" says the man suggesting a 3-2-3-2 formation.

Try reading my post for the sake of comprehension next time: it’s not supposed to be a tactically coherent team but rather the best eleven players of the decade.

As opposed to your Mike Bassett lineup which contains absolutely dire wide players and so still couldn’t keep weans out of a close anyway. Better luck next time.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Dallas is down there with Kudus scrapping it out for merely a place in the top ten of haddy forwards to have played for the club this decade. Just let that sink in. 

Kudus scored against Falkirk.  That gets him an exemption even though he was in reality pretty shite.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

tl;dr

I want a full list of 10 worse than him

tl;dr

I didn't say that there were ten worse than him, I said that he was at the bottom end of that set. There are already eight players listed in the post that you've quoted and that's before we deal with Barrowman and Oyenuga, who are the diddies that Dallas is truly competing with to round off the set.

Thanks for playing anyway.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Try reading my post for the sake of comprehension next time: it’s not supposed to be a tactically coherent team but rather the best eleven players.

Yes it is actually. I'm the thread author, I'll decide the rules.

All 3-2-3-2 formations are hereby banned. Please seek clarification before you make any further clowncar selections.

Thank you.

Yes it is actually. I'm the thread author, I'll decide the rules.

I was referring to the premise of my team not that of the thread champ. And given its massive superiority to the stack of utter dung assembled by yourself this seems like a strange choice of hill for you to die on. 

I was referring to the premise of my team not that of the thread champ. And given its massive superiority to the stack of utter dung assembled by yourself this seems like a strange choice of hill for you to die on. 

Shan't be discussing any clowncar selections put forward that don't meet the thread criteria I'm afraid. Consider re-arranging your selection of puffing old messes if you want to compare it with my team.

Thank you.

I didn't say that there were ten worse than him, I said that he was at the bottom end of that set. There are already eight players listed in the post that you've quoted and that's before we deal with Barrowman and Oyenuga, who are the diddies that Dallas is truly competing with to round off the set.

Thanks for playing anyway.

And of the eight you suggested, Cham, Kelbie and Bell (despite only making a quarter of the number of appearances) all actually managed to score for the club while Wallace wasn’t a forward. So you’ve got Toto, Donnelly, Sabajo and Orsi, with only Toto being beyond debate as a worse player.

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Gaston

Pepper             Greacen          Gunning          Lamie

Forbes             Bachirou           Tidser           Hardie   

Weatherson      McDonald

Gaston

Gunning Findlay Lamie

Forbes Jenkins Bachirou Tidser Imrie

McDonald Weatherson

Bench of: McCrorie, McCaffrey, Hardie, Lindsay, Murdoch, Kiltie, & Lyle.

We’ve had some belters over the years but the list shown earlier in the thread really shows just how much shite we’ve had on show.

Shan't be discussing any clowncar selections put forward that don't meet the thread criteria I'm afraid. Consider re-arranging your selection of puffing old messes if you want to compare it with my team.

Thank you.

I’ve already compared it with your team and found that mine would win about 17-0 in a hypothetical matchup anyway m8. Good luck using Michael Doyle’s legendary crossing ability to exploit its lack of width, all while being bulldozed straight through the middle of the park.

Shocking how bad our ‘Team of the Decade’ looks.

Not really one outstanding player there. Sums up the last decade really, absolute mediocrity.

Bachirou the only player that went on to play at a good level (don’t count average clubs in the SPL as a good level).

"When the seagulls follow the trawler, it's because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea."

Not really one outstanding player there. Sums up the last decade really, absolute mediocrity.

Bachirou the only player that went on to play at a good level (don’t count average clubs in the SPL as a good level).

Barrie McKay, Stuart Findlay and Lawrence Shankland all went on to play for Scotland, you insufferable fuckwit.

Look at the contortions just to avoid acknowledging Chris Millar had a good post-Morton career.  

AWMSC

Archived