Squad and transfers 2019/20 - Page 113 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Squad and transfers 2019/20

Hej

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lyon isn't close to being ready to make a successful move to an English league club and that's what the club should be telling him right now instead of trying to flog him to the first no-mark outfit that comes along.

Not often you’re right VT but agree with you on this one

I don't want Lyon to leave as I think he could be an important player for us as the squad improves over the next season or so but if he does, the club should be ensuring we get at least a couple-few hundred thousand for him as well as a reasonable sell on percentage. Sell on percentages seem to be more important than the actual fee now a days and who knows what could happen in a few seasons, especially if it's England he goes to.

If we're going to let our best young players go at the first sniff of a rumour, there is no future for Morton.  I'd like to see us get at least a season or two out of Lyon and Strapp - I can see both of them going on to bigger and better things but their agent isn't giving them impartial advice - more like trying to generate income for himself by engineering a transfer, no doubt with a pitiful fee to Morton.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

If we're going to let our best young players go at the first sniff of a rumour, there is no future for Morton. I'd like to see us get at least a season or two out of Lyon and Strapp - I can see both of them going on to bigger and better things but their agent isn't giving them impartial advice - more like trying to generate income for himself by engineering a transfer, no doubt with a pitiful fee to Morton.

That’s an agent’s job, in fairness.

Archived