Morton vs Whoever we're playing - Page 7 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Morton vs Whoever we're playing

port-ton

I was thrilled when we signed mcalister back as he had went away and had a good career since leaving us and I expected him to boss this league.

I got fooled in to the returning club legend excitement but now that he's back and I've seen him play it made me remember that he has been a part of more failures during his time at Morton than most players, and was there all throughout our years of laughable failure to get out of the seaside leagues.

The mcalister who has came back might not be the same player playing in the same position as the player who left, but he's definitely the same mcalister who flatters to deceive on an almost weekly basis who manages to fool some fans in to thinking he's doing a good job.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was thrilled when we signed mcalister back as he had went away and had a good career since leaving us and I expected him to boss this league.

I got fooled in to the returning club legend excitement but now that he's back and I've seen him play it made me remember that he has been a part of more failures during his time at Morton than most players, and was there all throughout our years of laughable failure to get out of the seaside leagues.

The mcalister who has came back might not be the same player playing in the same position as the player who left, but he's definitely the same mcalister who flatters to deceive on an almost weekly basis who manages to fool some fans in to thinking he's doing a good job.

You obviously got fooled into believing that Jim McAllister was a club legend in the first place then.

*insert signature here*

You obviously got fooled into believing that Jim McAllister was a club legend in the first place then.

It probably says more about how sh*te Morton have been for the last generation or so that anybody would even consider him in that bracket than it does about port-ton tbf.

Assuming of course he’s not throwing a bit of bait out that you’ve gleefully gobbled up.

It probably says more about how sh*te Morton have been for the last generation or so that anybody would even consider him in that bracket than it does about port-ton tbf.

Assuming of course he’s not throwing a bit of bait out that you’ve gleefully gobbled up.

I wouldn't consider him a club legend and if that's how it came across then I've worded it poorly.

What I meant was that I bought in to the rhetoric at the time that a club legend was returning, but when I really thought about it once he'd returned and I'd saw him play again I realised that he's considered more of a returning hero for the career he had once he left us and not actually a status his performances with us the first time round actually merited, and that he's one of the symbols of our laughable failure to get out the seaside leagues for years.

His performances since he returned have done nothing to dispel that opinion of him in my eyes, as we slither towards another disaster of a season on his watch.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

I wouldn't consider him a club legend and if that's how it came across then I've worded it poorly.

What I meant was that I bought in to the rhetoric at the time that a club legend was returning, but when I really thought about it once he'd returned and I'd saw him play again I realised that he's considered more of a returning hero for the career he had once he left us and not actually a status his performances with us the first time round actually merited, and that he's one of the symbols of our laughable failure to get out the seaside leagues for years.

His performances since he returned have done nothing to dispel that opinion of him in my eyes, as we slither towards another disaster of a season on his watch.

I'd agree with that. At the start of the season I thought he looked like he might actually be decent, but as time's went on that's proven not to be the case - you could say the generally disjointed nature of the team hasn't helped, but then, it's his job to anchor the midfield, protect the defence and give cover to Millar and Tidser and he fails to do all of them well. One of the more frustrating elements of it is his insistence on fannying about making runs into the box: he hasn't scored a goal in about 5 years, his runs never  come to anything and it forces Millar and Tidser, two of the best players you'll get at those runs, further back into positions they can't threaten from.

He's very far from an impressive leader either, and no amount of finger-pointing and shouting at others compensates for that. . The only times he ever seems to show any real dig is if there's a flare-up of handbags, you can guarantee he'll be first there. That's not leadership, that's posing.

AWMSC

Aye, I had a good idea where you were coming from. The only thing I’d dispute though is the career he had once he left us. He played for Hamilton and Dundee as well as an injury hit spell at Blackpool.

Let’s keep it in perspective here- much as I can’t go the boy, Bachirou he ain’t. He had an average career after leaving Morton, not much more than that.

We keep hearing that we have the makings of a good team.

We need a new keeper as neither Scully or Gaston are good enough.

The defence is a complete shambles and you could replace each player/position.

We have no wingers and there is bigger all up front.

Tidser and Millar are the only competent players in the team and the later is nearing retirement.

Two players do not make a good team. We are a shambles.

Up front we need to recruit in January but at the club we already have -

Oliver

Thomson

McHugh

Denny

Bell

5 strikers are already in the squad. That is a lot and we need to expand on it. Realistically how many of the existing g 5 would you retain next season?

McLean will go back to Motherwell, Via Falkirk, Tiffoney will be back at Livingston and hopefully Thomson leaves for Dumbarton, though he is under no obligation. So, not a lot of money is going to be freed up and it will be a case of the club digging into coffers or loan market.

Pre season will be another rebuild job.

I doubt that's the case, see below:

Y'see. :rolleyes:

*insert signature here*

What did you expect Gaston to do at the red card? There's nothing he could have done there.

He made a mistake at the first goal. He should have anticipated the ball coming through and have been on it. He could and should have preferred that goal. Waddell was a bombscare for both - he cost us massively yesterday.

It didn't occur to me that Gaston made any error at the second goal. That was the defence not marking, as far as I could see.

Your right looking back at the highlights the red card offence isn't as deep in the box as I 1st thought, I initially thought it was in the 6 yard box and he should of been out to smother it. Still think he could of prevented the 1st goal if he hadn't hesitated/bottled it.

Better than most of our ex-players though, which says a lot about the rotating cast of duds that pass through Cappielow.

This. The main reason why McAlister is seen as having had such a good career.

Very few players escape the Cappielow career graveyard.

Your right looking back at the highlights the red card offence isn't as deep in the box as I 1st thought, I initially thought it was in the 6 yard box and he should of been out to smother it. Still think he could of prevented the 1st goal if he hadn't hesitated/bottled it.

I agree on the first. He should have seen how bad Waddell's positioning was and been rushing out as soon as the ball was played.

I also think Ridgers could have saved Tiffoney's goal. The level of goalkeeping in this league this season has been poor (our goal against Dundee Utd, Martin's cat flap hands for QotS and Cammy Bell's mannequin impression being obvious examples).

Archived