Morton VS Dundee United - Saturday 8 December - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Morton VS Dundee United - Saturday 8 December

TRVMP

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm in Iceland right now, so I'm there in spirit.

But seriously, all the enthusiasm of the season seems to have just slipped away.

Think we all feel that way but then if we do win tomorrow we go 4th(assuming Queens don't get a result in dingwall) and we are 4 points off 3rd.

We have been poor this season yet a playoff position is a realistic target if we get our shit together!

Players need to give us a performance tomorrow.

Just heard JJs interview. Confirmed Denny and Oliver still out and there are a few injuries/ illness but didnt want to give much away.....and then a few seconds later say Iredale and Waddell are pretty much out and good chance Mchugh will be too!!

Take it he's not a great poker player!

Sounds like a makeshift team, might as well stick a few quid on DU right now!

Just heard JJs interview. Confirmed Denny and Oliver still out and there are a few injuries/ illness but didnt want to give much away.....and then a few seconds later say Iredale and Waddell are pretty much out and good chance Mchugh will be too!!

Take it he's not a great poker player!

Sounds like a makeshift team, might as well stick a few quid on DU right now!

Aye. I'm going full Zhivago here but I'll be sticking money on Utd though I'd be delighted to lose it.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

Think we all feel that way but then if we do win tomorrow we go 4th(assuming Queens don't get a result in dingwall) and we are 4 points off 3rd.

We have been poor this season yet a playoff position is a realistic target if we get our s*** together!

Why - are the manager and his experienced assistant on holiday or something? The onus is on the lot of them collectively to look like a functioning outfit instead of playing out the utter bullshit 'it's us v the players that we don't really want anyway' mentality that bizarrely seems to be winning favour at the moment. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

We have been poor this season yet a playoff position is a realistic target if we get our s*** together!

This is the most frustrating part. Any decent manager could have us firmly In the playoff but JJ doesn’t know his preferred style, formation or team.

Why - are the manager and his experienced assistant on holiday or something? The onus is on the lot of them collectively to look like a functioning outfit instead of playing out the utter bulls*** 'it's us v the players that we don't really want anyway' mentality that bizarrely seems to be winning favour at the moment.

If you want to be a pedantic fud about it then go ahead.

Obviously collectively they need to have a good day but its the players that go out and actually perform!!

Don't worry, if we get gubbed, JJ will be getting hounded as much as the players I'm sure!

If you want to be a pedantic fud about it then go ahead.

Obviously collectively they need to have a good day but its the players that go out and actually perform!!

Don't worry, if we get gubbed, JJ will be getting hounded as much as the players I'm sure!

The man knows the score.

Winds to be up to 70mph for the game.

Wonder if our referee will be a snowflake like last night’s was?

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

McHugh, Oliver, Waddel and Iredale all out.

Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

The man knows the score.

Winds to be up to 70mph for the game.

Wonder if our referee will be a snowflake like last night’s was?

No complaints from me if it is called off with all those injuries. Expecting an appalling game of football and a resounding United victory today.

On another note, "snowflake" is horrendous patter, and usually the reserve of middle aged Tommy Robinson supporters/apologists as a way of justifying their racism on Facebook.

You're better than that, have a word.

No complaints from me if it is called off with all those injuries. Expecting an appalling game of football and a resounding United victory today.

On another note, "snowflake" is horrendous patter, and usually the reserve of middle aged Tommy Robinson supporters/apologists as a way of justifying their racism on Facebook.

You're better than that, have a word.

I had to Google Tommy Robinson. It appears that it didn’t mean what I thought it meant.

Replace it with something like “the referee may prefer to get his Christmas shopping started”.

I had to Google Tommy Robinson. It appears that it didn’t mean what I thought it meant.

Replace it with something like “the referee may prefer to get his Christmas shopping started”.

That's just my perception, don't take it too personally. Anyway, as long as it's called off closer to kick off. The only thing I'm looking forward to today is a few pints. You never know though, they might surprise us.

That's just my perception, don't take it too personally. Anyway, as long as it's called off closer to kick off. The only thing I'm looking forward to today is a few pints. You never know though, they might surprise us.

I usually set off at noon, so in truth I’d prefer an earlier decision,

Agree with your other point about the injuries though.

Hopefully this game is called off as the last thing i want to be doing with my Saturday today is watching this gubbins team embarrass us again.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

Archived