Man Of The Match - General Football & Other Sports - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Man Of The Match

Guest Robert the Bruce

Guest Robert the Bruce

All of them. :lol:

f*** Walter Smith, traitor.

f*** Henry

f*** Domenech - watch this ya w**k -

:lol: 2 flukes ya p***k.

f*** the BBC

f*** that English c*** commentating on SKY.

France 0 Scotland 1

Who is top of the group, oh aye Scotland :lol:

What a support, i thought Barry Ferguson was going to cry when the anthem was sung.

We are Scotland, super Scotland.

Alba gu brath.

Not long back from the Parc Des Princes here in Paris, what an incredible match. We're all staying in the bar for a good bit of the night!

Craig Gordon was outstanding tonight, simply world class, I don't think anyone can deny he is the best goalkeeper Scotland has had in a long, long time. Ribery was particularly threatening and he made it look easy, his price tag just went up by 5 million quid, as did Faddy's!

Anyway, time is beer, thats what I think!

"In a country lacerated by the sharp shards of broken brown-eyed promises, in a world bent low by the burden of disease, war and the price of Thunderbird, who is left to make full account of God and Britain's depleted moral mini bar? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken Caesar!"

i'd say brown just shaded out gordon for mom, but every one of them was magnificent.

tonchug, why are you on the computer? for f***'s sake, hit the bar and celebrate like a man.

edit: honourable mention to the cameraman who got a close-up of the shock on trezeguet's face after the goal went in. haha! get it up ye, ya smug bastart! where's yer 5-0 now?

c***o!!!

the guy below loves the boaby.

It's hard to single out anyone. McFadden did a power of work up front, but ultimately didn't have an impact outside of the goal. Scott Brown was majestic. McManus was also amazing. The guy never ceases to impress me whether he pulls on a Scotland or a Celtic jersey. Craig Gordon pulled out a top drawer save and generally did his job well tonight.

Stephen Pearson did a good job when he came off the bench. I reckon the main man was McManus though.

: )

i'd say brown just shaded out gordon for mom, but every one of them was magnificent.

tonchug, why are you on the computer? for f***'s sake, hit the bar and celebrate like a man.

edit: honourable mention to the cameraman who got a close-up of the shock on trezeguet's face after the goal went in. haha! get it up ye, ya smug bastart! where's yer 5-0 now?

c***o!!!

Lol. Just came online to check some important stuff, couldn't resist coming on and seeing what you lot thought, it was a tremendous match! Good night, I AM going to the bar.....now!

"In a country lacerated by the sharp shards of broken brown-eyed promises, in a world bent low by the burden of disease, war and the price of Thunderbird, who is left to make full account of God and Britain's depleted moral mini bar? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken Caesar!"

Guest Robert the Bruce

I couldn't pick one player outright it was a superb team effort.

Guest Robert the Bruce
pat nevin called it right on the bbc highlight program - he said no-one should get less than 8 out of 10, and scott brown should get 10 out of 10. i agree.

Brown is the best player in Scotland right now and probably one of the best midfielders in Europe. I thought McManus was right up there in the game. Its a team game and its our game and they all played there part.

Hartley gets my vote for MoM. Gordon pulled off what I called at the time two match winning saves. Brown was fantastic and Faddy's goal was unbelievable. Yet again Eck gets the tactics spot on. But for me Hartley was tremendous, he bullied, chased and tackled perfectly.

FIRST DIVISION RUNNERS UP 2012/13

Hey Man - Enough of your Stupidness

All of them. :lol:

f*** Walter Smith, traitor.

f*** Henry

f*** Domenech - watch this ya w**k -

:lol: 2 flukes ya p***k.

f*** the BBC

f*** that English c*** commentating on SKY.

France 0 Scotland 1

Who is top of the group, oh aye Scotland :lol:

What a support, i thought Barry Ferguson was going to cry when the anthem was sung.

We are Scotland, super Scotland.

Alba gu brath.

Its people like you that make being scottish embarrassing. A fantastic victory for our country and you come on spouting nonsene like that. Total chip on the shoulder rubbish. You are a total idiot.

Walter Smith is not a traitor, he left us in fantastic shape and went back to club management as he missed daily involvment with football and went to a club he loves, and before that did our nation proud. Without him there is a chance we would be on here moaning about another defeat.

Again what did the BBC do wrong, did they try and stop us winning the game? No they never and they have gave us perfectly good coverage on the news on there radio and tv channels. Radio 1 this morning had it as there top story so stop being a complete fool.

Its people like you that make being scottish embarrassing. A fantastic victory for our country and you come on spouting nonsene like that. Total chip on the shoulder rubbish. You are a total idiot.

Walter Smith is not a traitor, he left us in fantastic shape and went back to club management as he missed daily involvment with football and went to a club he loves, and before that did our nation proud. Without him there is a chance we would be on here moaning about another defeat.

Again what did the BBC do wrong, did they try and stop us winning the game? No they never and they have gave us perfectly good coverage on the news on there radio and tv channels. Radio 1 this morning had it as there top story so stop being a complete fool.

I agree with the first and last parts but your comments re Smith are totally wrong. He walked out on Scotland midway through a qualifying campaign at a time we needed consistency as his love for the **** is far greater than his love for his country. He decided he'd rather take the glory of bringing silverware to Ibrox and the adulation of the blue noses rather than take Scotland to a major finals against some of the best players and coaches in the world. Hope he enjoys his trips to Motherwell and Gretna as much as McLeish will enjoy his trip to Austria next summer.

FIRST DIVISION RUNNERS UP 2012/13

Hey Man - Enough of your Stupidness

McManus and Weir were immense last night, and the Herald sum up Brown perfectly this morning by describing him as 'unplayable', what a player. I feared for us a little when I saw the lineup, especially with Alexander up against Ribery but hell it worked. Hartley was fantastic as well, what a feckin performance!!!!!!

What Carew can do with a ball, I can do with an orange

I agree with the first and last parts but your comments re Smith are totally wrong. He walked out on Scotland midway through a qualifying campaign at a time we needed consistency as his love for the **** is far greater than his love for his country. He decided he'd rather take the glory of bringing silverware to Ibrox and the adulation of the blue noses rather than take Scotland to a major finals against some of the best players and coaches in the world. Hope he enjoys his trips to Motherwell and Gretna as much as McLeish will enjoy his trip to Austria next summer.

Don't want to get drawn into an argument after such a great night. However, Smith deserves huge credit as he was the guy who stopped the rot after Bertie Vogts. He has had a huge influence on Scotland being where they are. The facts are that in International Management it is only the big teams where there is any real demand. Look at the other home nations- Sanches, Hughes, much the same story. Scotland has produced some great managers- Ferguson, Moyes, etc but very few would want or wanted to take on the Scotland role. Smith did a great job re-establishing the Scottish will to win.

Kindest Regards

“Man cannot make a worm, yet he will make gods by the dozenâ€

Scotland were just brilliant, man for man. Hartley was the stand out though, he was everywhere and roughed up the French, breaking up attacks with great tackling and clearing his lines well.

Bring on the Ukraine :D

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Archived