France Vs Scotland - General Football & Other Sports - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

France Vs Scotland

hayfever

I guess I may as well start the ball rolling...

Teams/predictions anyone?

I'll guess at this:

Gordon

Hutton - Weir - McManus - McEvely

Caldwell

Brown - Fletcher - Ferguson - McCulloch

O'Connor

Brown must play and not Hartley, perhaps him in the middle and Fletcher on the right.

My instinct for the score all week has been that we'll score first, early, then be subjected to a pasting all night, and they'll either snatch a draw or a win in the last 15 mins. If they score early I fear for us, especially as apparently this game is more important to them than the Italy game (according to McLeish).

What Carew can do with a ball, I can do with an orange

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gordon
Hutton Weir McManus McEveley
McFadden Fletcher Ferguson Brown McCulloch
Boyd

Caldwell in the holding midfield role is just not the way to go at all IMO. Potential disaster.

McFadden deserves a start and he's the type of player who can create chances out of nothing, even on his weaker side.

Not a huge fan of McCulloch but a big strong player who could be vital in a match like this. Good physical presence. Good defensive work is required.

Many would agree with O'Connor up front as he gets himself about more but let's face it we ain't gonna get that many chances. If we manage to create 1 or 2 chances then there's no one I'd rather have on the end of it than Boyd

We'll do well to get a draw I think.

Prediction 1-1

Gordon

Hutton - Weir - McManus - McEveley

McCulloch - Brown - Ferguson - Fletcher - McFadden

O'Connor/Boyd

I just can't decide between O'Connor and Boyd, fecking hard decision.

I'd like to see Caldwell come into the midfield but we all know that isn't going to happen, Ferguson will be the man brought in.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Gordon

Hartley - Brown - Ferguson - Fletcher - McFadden

O'Connor

^^^ This is what id like to see

Gordon

Caldwell

Brown - Ferguson - Fletcher - McFadden

O'Connor

^^^This is what I think we will see

Prediction - Last time I predicted 1 0 with a defender to score so hopefully I can give the right prediction using my magical powers once again :D

Lets say 2 - 0 with someone scoring a double :rolleyes: i can only pray

I'm smart and I want respect!

BBC Scotland has the England game on tomorrow night. Colkitto, sort it out. :rolleyes:

I have been down this road before princessTon. It's an utter disgrace that we have to pay out extra money to subscribe to see our national team play when England games are on the BBC, paid for by OUR licience fee money.

Don't blame me I voted Yes!!!! - We tried to tell you !!!!!

I have been down this road before princessTon. It's an utter disgrace that we have to pay out extra money to subscribe to see our national team play when England games are on the BBC, paid for by OUR licience fee money.

I only found out an hour ago. I thought the Scotland game was on BBC1. Bloody England game! :angry:

MON EH TON!

Noticed the Evening Times had a complaint in 2nite saying that our game should be on.

Am glad I have Sky to watch the game, but feel for people who have to go out and watch it!

Hope Gary Teale might be well enough to fly out, but may have to settle for being on the bench.

DIVISION 2 LEAGUE WINNERS 06/07

Noticed the Evening Times had a complaint in 2nite saying that our game should be on.

Am glad I have Sky to watch the game, but feel for people who have to go out and watch it!

Hope Gary Teale might be well enough to fly out, but may have to settle for being on the bench.

I don't think he flew out because he didn't want to pass on the bug he has...he was mince on Saturday and wouldn't have played tonight anyway. According to Eck it's similar to the way we played in Italy - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/i...als/6986215.stm - which was more of a 4-4-1-1 so I'll change my prediction to the following:

Gordon

McFadden

O'Connor

With Ferguson sitting deeper than the rest...

What Carew can do with a ball, I can do with an orange

gordon

hutton weir mcmanus mceveley

brown ferguson fletcher

mcfadden mcculloch

boyd

Good shout princess. Think the score will be 1-1. Might be tempted to put a couple of sheckles on that score.

If you have a problem with me, text me. If you dont have my number then you don't know me well enough to have a problem with me.

I don't think he flew out because he didn't want to pass on the bug he has...he was mince on Saturday and wouldn't have played tonight anyway. According to Eck it's similar to the way we played in Italy - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/i...als/6986215.stm - which was more of a 4-4-1-1 so I'll change my prediction to the following:

Gordon

McFadden

O'Connor

With Ferguson sitting deeper than the rest...

I know Fletcher is a good creative player but Ferguson has proven to be very adept at supporting the lone striker and I would say is our mst potent goal threat from the middle of the park.

That said I think you're right, purely because Brown & Fletcher are less likely to be able to hold.

What about>>

Gordon

Hutton Weir McManus McEvely

Brown Caldwell Fletcher McCulloch

Ferguson

Boyd.

Ferguson has played that role several times, and well for Rangers.

When you walk through a storm
Hold your head up high
And don't be afraid of the dark

Archived