Teale And Mcculloch - General Football & Other Sports - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Teale And Mcculloch

Deego

McCulloch has been, by all accounts, pretty good for the **** this season so far. That being said, he was beyond gash on Saturday. Teale has undoubted talent and on his day can beat men for fan. Unfortunately his final ball leaves alot to be desired.

For what it's worth, I'd drop them both for Wednesday - play Brown & Ferguson in central midfield, Fletcher on the right and one from McFadden/McCulloch/Maloney on the left with a sitting midfielder in behind - I s'pose Caldwell would be the man for the job there.

TRUST THE DUFF

I don't agree that McCulloch should keep Faddy out the side.

However I think McLeish is adopting a policy of using guys who are regular starters at club level - which is fair enough. And Rangers fans seem to be creaming themselves about McCulloch in the SPL.

Teale - well, who would have played in his place. Hartley? Again, not starting every game and I don't think has all that much to his game. However, I'd probably just have sided with Hartley due to his experience.

Teale has had good games for Scotland off the bench - but ideally wouldn't start when we have a full squad.

For Wed, I think the midfield will be Caldwell in the holding role and from left to right...

Brown-Fletch-Ferguson-McCulloch

However I'd play Faddy instead of McCulloch. That would mean a lot of fresh legs in there which I think will really count for something. We historically have poor records in the 2nd game of a double header so now we have a decent squad may as well use it.

Also a quick point...

We now have Fletch, Ferguson and Brown. As well as the likes of Thomson and Whittaker who are breaking through and will no doubt feature in future squads.

All fairly similar players, just hope we have a bit of discipline to avoid doing an England and trying to fit all our best players in.

For Wed, I think the midfield will be Caldwell in the holding role and from left to right...

However I'd play Faddy instead of McCulloch. That would mean a lot of fresh legs in there which I think will really count for something. We historically have poor records in the 2nd game of a double header so now we have a decent squad may as well use it.

Brown and Ferguson will undoubtedly play centre midfield. As for the left mid debate, McCulloch is more likely to get 'stuck in' as is going to be required if we're going to be without the ball for long periods and for that reason I'd be tempted to go with him as opposed to somebody like McFadden.

TRUST THE DUFF

I would play Faddy instead of Teale on Wednesday possibly space up front for him as O'Connor & Boyd doesnt work imo.

Possibly put Maloney in place of Teale if do that.

Cant put Fletch out on right as he hates playing there but is now competition for places in middle so have problems fitting everyone in there.

We have a lot of options available now if we can just get someone good enough to keep Hutton out of team we will be sorted.

user posted image

Teale has had good games for Scotland off the bench - but ideally wouldn't start when we have a full squad.

When were these imaginary good games that Teale had off the bench for Scotland? He did well against France when he came on, but name one other game that he played well coming off the bench. And the only good start he had for us was against Bulgaria. Try and find another good performance from the whole of his 9 caps, it's impossible...

When were these imaginary good games that Teale had off the bench for Scotland? He did well against France when he came on, but name one other game that he played well coming off the bench. And the only good start he had for us was against Bulgaria. Try and find another good performance from the whole of his 9 caps, it's impossible...

Faroes away he done well when came on for Fletcher but wasnt hard to do better job than fletcher that night as he was dreadful.

user posted image

Guest GibbyTON
Also a quick point...

We now have Fletch, Ferguson and Brown. As well as the likes of Thomson and Whittaker who are breaking through and will no doubt feature in future squads.

All fairly similar players, just hope we have a bit of discipline to avoid doing an England and trying to fit all our best players in.

Good point well brought out.

But on the Teale and McCulloch front, ive never been impressed by either of them tbh. I like the young left back though, christ, cant remember his name, still not a bad young player though

I really rated Teale when he was at Clydebank and Ayr but he isn't up to it at international level. He can't cross and is generally out of his depth. It's strange but I had an argument with a mate about this exact topic at the game on Saturday.

McCulloch is better than Teale and does a job at international level. He isn't the best but is useful on the left in a 4-5-1 formation.

Also a quick point...

I agree with all the rest but I don't see how Whittaker is similar to the others. He is a right back / right midfielder. The rest aren't.

However I think McLeish is adopting a policy of using guys who are regular starters at club level - which is fair enough. And Rangers fans seem to be creaming themselves about McCulloch in the SPL.

Teale - well, who would have played in his place. Hartley? Again, not starting every game and I don't think has all that much to his game. However, I'd probably just have sided with Hartley due to his experience.

That midfield is exactly what I said i thought it would be to my brother today.

I wouldn't play McFadden instead of McCulloch though. Especially not away from home to France. McCulloch is stronger, will work harder and has more aerial ability which could prove useful in our box and in their box. Also, I know he plays there for Everton but I prefer McFadden behind a front two or off a main striker than on the left wing.

Brown and Ferguson will undoubtedly play centre midfield. As for the left mid debate, McCulloch is more likely to get 'stuck in' as is going to be required if we're going to be without the ball for long periods and for that reason I'd be tempted to go with him as opposed to somebody like McFadden.

Nah, Ferguson and Fletch, no doubt with Brown on the right.

That midfield is exactly what I said i thought it would be to my brother today.

I wouldn't play McFadden instead of McCulloch though. Especially not away from home to France. McCulloch is stronger, will work harder and has more aerial ability which could prove useful in our box and in their box. Also, I know he plays there for Everton but I prefer McFadden behind a front two or off a main striker than on the left wing.

I am biased as Faddy is my hero. I can see the merits of playing McCulloch but don't agree he will work harder than Faddy.

I thought Eck got it wrong playing Brown so far up v Italy so can't complain if he errs on the side of caution now.

But subs will have to be introduced here, no matter how the game is going.

Teale has never put in a good performance for Scotland and is not international standard in my opinion. Aye OK he tries but then we all would given the chance and a bit of fitness. His final ball is lacking and the best you'll get from him is a corner or throw in off a defender.

FIRST DIVISION RUNNERS UP 2012/13

Hey Man - Enough of your Stupidness

Not a fan of either, however McCulloch will definitely be starting tomorrow, he gives us a physical presence and that'll be important in a game like that.

Want to see McFadden in for Teale though, he might just be the man to produce that one bit of magic that can stun the French a second time.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Archived