Championship 2018-19 Thread - Page 72 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Championship 2018-19 Thread

Unsure if anyone outside of me will actually find this interesting, but someone found a fans preview of the 1997/98 season, the bit about our mysterious new owner... https://t.co/zkkrGl2yOz

Just reading our preview; 

Change to matchday environment? As we do not currently have separate seating for away fans we are, foolishly in my opinion, forced to share the seated area with away supporters, which can create an air of menace to proceedings, particularly when we meet our most bitter rivals, St Mirren. 

Who's this utter peasant who thinks an air of menace at derby games is a bad thing? This is why we can't have nice things. 

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FT 1-0 Partick.

Hmmm.....

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

We still need to take a least a point or 2 from the last 2 games I reckon.

Thistle haven't lost in 5 and may take another point against ayr or all 3.

Alloa are picking up points and finish against an free falling Ayr ( a bit like how we were when we made the play offs)

And QOTS can probably get something on the final day against partick.

Im making perfect sense, your just not keeping up.

My Twitter - 
https://twitter.com/RJChesh

Alloa are picking up points and finish against an free falling Ayr ( a bit like how we were when we made the play offs)

QotS' goal difference is miles ahead of everyone else. A win vs Dunfermline would be huge but a loss stick us deep into it.

As long as Queens fail to win on Friday, we know a win will see us safe.

Fancy us to do it against a free falling Pars side! The team will be buzzing in training this week and will go there with confidence!

With the way our season has went though,Queens will beat RC, Falkirk will beat DU and it will come down to the last day needing a draw or win!

Funny, was thinking the same thing there. They've booked the play-offs and have plummeted since. Their record against ICT is also very poor so would not expect them to do anything further.

Duffy'd it.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

I think we'll need a win from one of our last 2 to be certain. Can't think that it's impossible for both QoS and Alloa both getting a win, meaning a point won't necessarily be enough. 

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Ross C win on Friday night. We win on Saturday DONE.

Even if County don't win, JJ absolutely has to be looking at a win on Saturday. DA are in freefall and surely beating Falkirk has everyone's confidence boosted. We've left it late this season but we must be looking at the three points here and not damage limitation.

EOho8Pw.png

That said, cant recall last time we won 2 on the bounce. We normally follow up wins with absolute dross.

We have only managed to go three consecutive games unbeaten once this season and that was when we played Peterhead twice in a row. We did do it in the league under the rat but we lost to Dumbarton inbetween.

Hopefully though, Dunfermline's freefall continues. However, with them (in reality) only needing a point, I could see a shitfest draw incoming

We have only managed to go three consecutive games unbeaten once this season and that was when we played Peterhead twice in a row. We did do it in the league under the rat but we lost to Dumbarton inbetween.

Hopefully though, Dunfermline's freefall continues. However, with them (in reality) only needing a point, I could see a s***fest draw incoming

We beat Stenhousemuir, Albion Rovers, drew with Queen of The South and beat Alloa at the start of the season. 

Beating Alloa though. The Glory Days.

AWMSC

We did beat Partick & Ross County in consecutive games in December/January, having previously beaten QoS 2-1 & Partick 5-1 back to back in October/November.

I’m looking forward to forgetting this disaster of a season, in the hope the last month has finally woken the club up and they’ll make some attempt to avoid next season being an even bigger shambles.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

We beat Stenhousemuir, Albion Rovers, drew with Queen of The South and beat Alloa at the start of the season.

Beating Alloa though. The Glory Days.

Of course, totally forgot about the Group stages. Cheers for the correction!

Archived