Ayr v Morton - Saturday 3rd August - Match Thread - Page 9 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Ayr v Morton - Saturday 3rd August - Match Thread

Chesh

But yet we paid a fee for one of the shite centre backs which could have contributed towards better wages for a better one.

We also went out and burned a loan on a shite central midfielder that we didn't need rather than firstly looking for a decent centre back to bring in.

Budget is a deflection which Hopkin has been using since he came in. Always disappointing when people so blindly lap it up.

The real story is, we woefully neglected the recruitment of the defensive foundation of the team, and only had 1 signed centre back the day before competitive action was due to start, panic signed a couple since then (not before we offered a deal to an even worse one).

Whilst I agree with your last paragraph I would imagine the money on offer is not going to attract a better quality than what we have. It will be interesting to see how the fans money is used.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right okay if we going by that logic then we should blame a misplaced pass which gave away the free kick that resulted in the corner.

Once the corner is taken its poor defending that causes the throw in, then we dont pick up the runner then from the throw in, then the shot deflects into the path of Moffat who squares to the striker for the tap in.

But sure it's the keepers fault for knocking away a header across goal 90 seconds before that was the major issue.

I didn't say that the goalkeeper was solely at fault for the second goal; that he brought on an entirely needless spell of pressure by pathetically bitch-slapping a routine save onto the post - nearly costing us a goal right then and there - makes him culpable as well though. With a competent goalkeeper that second goal simply does not happen. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

It's official the keeper is the guy we blame no matter what, bloody hell van schalk misses it but we blame the keeper

It's not mutually exclusive though:

- The keeper is not good enough

- The Dutch ringer is also not good enough

- McLean - who displayed the turning circle of an oil supertanker against Michael fucking Moffat - is also quite clearly past it and not good enough

- The Berwick jobber is also not good enough and fielding him instead of two proper midfielders on that bench is a sackable offence in its own right

There's more than enough blame to go round because the rabble put on the park yesterday lacked quality in multiple positions. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

It's not mutually exclusive though:

- The keeper is not good enough

- The Dutch ringer is also not good enough

- McLean - who displayed the turning circle of an oil supertanker against Michael fucking Moffat - is also quite clearly past it and not good enough

- The Berwick jobber is also not good enough and fielding him instead of two proper midfielders on that bench is a sackable offence in its own right

There's more than enough blame to go round because the rabble put on the park yesterday lacked quality in multiple positions.

Agreed. Another thing that was glaringly obvious was how pish our defence are at actually putting their laces through the ball when making a clearance. All of yesterday’s pitiful attempts either went straight out the park or trundled 20 yards to an opposition player.

Simply not good enough and there’s absolutely nothing to suggest the big Dutch boy or Cameron fuckin Blues will bolster our squad, they already both look entirely out their depth.

Don't think Blues is quite as bad as everyone else is saying, but there's no way he should be on the pitch ahead of Lyon at any time

Blues looks technically ok but is an even less effective player than Joe McKee who has not surprisingly found himself playing at the rabble across the water. Seems like an old pals act between Hopkin and Martindale to take those two duds on board.

Hopkin's decision to bring Blues on ahead of Lyon/Millar and play Jim McAlister (who is probably our least gubbins centre back bar Grant) right mid was scandalous never mind his starting XI.

Need to hope Strapp's back next game and there's some budget left to sort the back line.

Blues looks technically ok but is an even less effective player than Joe McKee who has not surprisingly found himself playing at the rabble across the water. Seems like an old pals act between Hopkin and Martindale to take those two duds on board.

Hopkin's decision to bring Blues on ahead of Lyon/Millar and play Jim McAlister (who is probably our least gubbins centre back bar Grant) right mid was scandalous never mind his starting XI.

Need to hope Strapp's back next game and there's some budget left to sort the back line.

Well the are supposed to be getting the 1st installment of the fans money are they not?

Simply not good enough and there’s absolutely nothing to suggest the big Dutch boy or Cameron fuckin Blues will bolster our squad, they already both look entirely out their depth.

Can't agree on Blues, "Joe." He has something about him.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

The only two games I've saw so far have been the Motherwell one (on TV) and Saturday's, and they've both been fuckin rotten, in huge part down to the manager's decisions. The fact that Saturday happened after the Motherwell debacle suggests there's been no lessons learned and no work down to fix the mess, compounded by the drivel Hopkin has spouted in the aftermath of both.

It's early days, but he's going to need to find some answers to the rubbish squad he's assembled and find them quickly.

AWMSC

Archived