Craig Gordon Supports Team Gb - Page 2 - General Football & Other Sports - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Craig Gordon Supports Team Gb

This is good news a fellow Unionist has come out and showed hes not scared to say so.

Well done Stuart,my brother.

It's not a brotherhood you freak!

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Craig Gordon can get tae f*** then. If he genuinely supports a Team GB then, in my eyes, he's a bigger turncoat than Aiden McGeady.

ah yes i can see the SFA saying to probably the best keeper in Britain, you support team GB so f**k off we wont play you again, we will happily lose rather than play you.

anyway personally think he said it because he is in England and it wouldnt look good if he said he was not in favour of it,

Guest Robert the Bruce
Yeah, but right now they would just go on as normal and select players from England, Wales and Northern Ireland as part of a British team meaning the Scots would just be left watching on the telly, they won't suddenly create a Scottish O;ympic team simply because the SFA won't allow Scottish players to play as part of a British team.

Or am I missing something here?

You are a w*nker.

I really wouldn't a GB football team in the Olympics. It would give FIFA / other governing bodies reason to say ''if you can have a British team in the Olympics then perhaps you should just have a professional British National team in World Cups , European championships etc'' and , at the end of the day , that's the reason why people don't want a British team in the olypics.

Also , I don't think we should have a British team in the Olympics for anything. If I were an athlete and won the 800 metres for example , I would refuse to stand on the podium whilst God Save the Queen was being played.

After independance we'll be able to enter a Scottish team into the Olympics.

Yeah, but right now they would just go on as normal and select players from England, Wales and Northern Ireland as part of a British team meaning the Scots would just be left watching on the telly, they won't suddenly create a Scottish O;ympic team simply because the SFA won't allow Scottish players to play as part of a British team.

Or am I missing something here?

Yes.

What has the SFA got to do with it, if we pulled out of the 'British team' and offered up a Scottish Team it would go through under Olympic rules that we are a country under our own rights.

Yes.

What has the SFA got to do with it, if we pulled out of the 'British team' and offered up a Scottish Team it would go through under Olympic rules that we are a country under our own rights.

If the SFA are against it they could say to their players "play for the british team and we won't select you for Scotland again".

A Scottish team at the Olympics would be not very good at all - I always enjoyed being able to share in the success of Linford Christie, Paula Radcliffe and the likes. I have also liked it when the English/Welsh etc can share the success of people from Scotland.

And I would like to thank Robert the Bruce for calling me a w*nker - good stuff

If the SFA are against it they could say to their players "play for the british team and we won't select you for Scotland again".

Play for Scotland again at what ?

The Olypmics is not for professionals , so , no Scottish player playing in the Olympics for team GB would have played professionally for Scotland before

- I always enjoyed being able to share in the success of Linford Christie, Paula Radcliffe and the likes.

Me too , and we would still be able to support our favourite competitors of our neighbours (England) if we entered as an independent country.

I admire many English sportspeople , but I don't see why we have to be part of team of countries ; if Norway , Sweden & finland can do it without being ''team Scandinavia'' then so can we.

I really wouldn't a GB football team in the Olympics. It would give FIFA / other governing bodies reason to say ''if you can have a British team in the Olympics then perhaps you should just have a professional British National team in World Cups , European championships etc'' and , at the end of the day , that's the reason why people don't want a British team in the olypics.

You know, I never considered this before. You definately have a point here. I'd hate to see Scotland merged with England, Wales and N.Ireland when it came to all competitions. Not because I hate any of said countries, but because it won't be the same as supporting Scotland, which is basically supporting underdogs. We'd never have a night like we had in Paris again.

: )

Also , I don't think we should have a British team in the Olympics for anything. If I were an athlete and won the 800 metres for example , I would refuse to stand on the podium whilst God Save the Queen was being played.

After independance we'll be able to enter a Scottish team into the Olympics.

Well said.

For years the African Nations have been pushing FIFA to amalgamate the 4 home nations and have a GB team so they can get more places.

Some sing of Celtic, Rangers

And some of Motherwell

Of Hibs and Partick Thistle

And other teams as well

But of all the famous football teams

There’s one that they’ve forgotten

With a Ra Ra Ra and a Cha Cha Cha

IT’S THE FAMOUS GREENOCK MORTON

Archived