Squad and transfers 2019/20 - Page 45 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Squad and transfers 2019/20

Hej

He might be rubbish but there's a whole load of reasons a young player might not have had a great start to their career but still have the ability to do a job for us.

There speaks a fluffer for Warren’s equally useless, Braeside La Masia project.

Perhaps there are mitigating circumstances for being dung, but without even a credible CV to vouch for that then the only natural place to demonstrate that ‘ability’ is in the diddy seaside leagues playing for the likes of Annan or Edinburgh City first. The Famous should not be in the business of roping in totally unproven jobbers from the English 8th tier just because we might unearth a diamond once every hundred thousand times. There are plenty of bottom feeders in Scotland who can do that filtering job for us - doing so at this level is a ticket to relegation.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We really need 2 or 3 established centre backs. Not really a position worth gambling on

If only we hadn’t foolishly released Lee ‘Bonucci’ Kilday in order to pursue a shower of absolute clowns instead.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

There speaks a fluffer for Warren’s equally useless, Braeside La Masia project.

Perhaps there are mitigating circumstances for being dung, but without even a credible CV to vouch for thst then the only natural place to demonstrate that ‘ability’ is in the diddy seaside leagues playing for the likes of Annan or Edinburgh City. The Famous should not be in the business of roping in totally unproven jobbers from the English 8th tier just because we might unearth a diamond once every hundred thousand times. There are plenty of bottom feeders in Scotland who can do that filtering job for us - doing so at this level is a ticket to relegation.

Aren't you the one who wanted the youth academy ditched for players dropping out of clubs at a higher level? Like Watford?

"Alfie."

I remember when we had a team of Dereks. A good stick-to-your-ribs Scottish name. Now we're going to have Ramsbottoms and Alfies cutting about the place.

He could be the next Fernando Hierro but it's a no from me.

Mate, have you seen the UK's 10 most popular baby names for the last few years? Alfie's will be the least of our worries.We'll have Theo's, Oliver's, Noah's, Leo's and Jacob's swanning about this once proud football club before long.

Aye he might be rubbish but there's going to be decent players out there who've had back luck and stuff going on that's meant they've not yet got to a level they should be at so it's an opportunity for us.

This guy might not be one of them but Hopkin shouldn't be ruling young players out just based on the level they came from.

It’s just as well that the Supporters’ Trust is no longer even trusted with running a tuck shop raffle given this utterly gormless excuse for the club chasing obvious, fucking haddies.

Mate, have you seen the UK's 10 most popular baby names for the last few years? Alfie's will be the least of our worries.We'll have Theo's, Oliver's, Noah's, Leo's and Jacob's swanning about this once proud football club before long.

My sincere hope is that they all gravitate towards rugby.

EOho8Pw.png

Aren't you the one who wanted the youth academy ditched for players dropping out of clubs at a higher level? Like Watford?

Erm no, I want the youth academy discarded in order to focus on headhunting players from skint, professional clubs in far weaker football economies: Czechia; Slovakia; Poland; Croatia; Hungary etc. Unlike some of the weirdos on here, I couldn’t care less whether a first team player for The Famous is some lathe, home-grown youth prodigy or an experienced foreign mercenary - their only recommendation to this once-proud football club should be whether they can secure our success on the park.

You’d think that fans of a club that hasn’t played in the top flight for over thirty years would wish to base their future on such logical, basic economic facts instead of some ridiculously stupid pipe dreams; but here we are, with the club circling the drain as a result.

The fact that we seem to be swilling in essentially the same trough of UK-based ringers that even Jim Duffy could have roped in for a trial is not a good sign for the current management team at all; perhaps the story that Eric Martindale was the real cause of Livingston’s brief and unsustainable success is true after all.

The fact that we seem to be swilling in essentially the same trough of UK-based ringers that even Jim Duffy could have roped in for a trial is not a good sign for the current management team at all; perhaps the story that Eric Martindale was the real cause of Livingston’s brief and unsustainable success is true after all.

Eric Martindale was a referee.

Think it's David you mean.

Perhaps.

Obviously centre backs have to be the priority by a distance, but provided we’re not diverting money away from getting the three or four we need I don’t see an issue with adding a more creative central midfielder, although whether McStay is the right option is another issue.

While we’ve already got Millar, Jacobs, Lyon, McAlister and Dykes so you’d think we shouldn’t be adding any more, none of them are really creative players. Obviously it depends how we’re setting up and you could see Nesbitt or Salkeld being used centrally as a number 10 type, but Millar is the only natural central midfielder who’s regularly been used in a more advanced role and even he’s primarily been a holding midfielder for the last 10 years.

If we’re going to be playing a central midfield three with Millar, Lyon and Jacobs as first choice, then you can see the need for potentially having a more creative player to replace one of them. Factor in Millar not being able to start every game at his age, McAlister potentially being used as cover in defence as well and keeping Dykes as far away from the first team as possible, then another option there would be welcome.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

I just heard on the radio that the most popular boys name of the year so far ia Mohammed.

TIME FOR CHANGE!

I just heard on the radio that the most popular boys name of the year so far ia Mohammed.

Tends to be. There's a relatively wide variety of spellings of it which often get combined for these lists, and - I could be wrong here - something like 50%+ of men/boys from Muslim backgrounds will be called a version of it; "Western" names, by comparison, are far more varied and it only takes a fairly small number for one to be the most popular in each year.

AWMSC

Obviously centre backs have to be the priority by a distance, but provided we’re not diverting money away from getting the three or four we need I don’t see an issue with adding a more creative central midfielder [...]

In what scenario does signing yet another central midfielder *not* divert money from getting defenders? It all comes from the same budget, so if you’re signing dung like McStay in that position then you’re also more likely to be left with dung defensive options as well.

There’s no rational argument for stockpiling squad fillers when you don’t even have a credible starting eleven yet.

Obviously centre backs have to be the priority by a distance, but provided we’re not diverting money away from getting the three or four we need I don’t see an issue with adding a more creative central midfielder, although whether McStay is the right option is another issue.

While we’ve already got Millar, Jacobs, Lyon, McAlister and Dykes so you’d think we shouldn’t be adding any more, none of them are really creative players. Obviously it depends how we’re setting up and you could see Nesbitt or Salkeld being used centrally as a number 10 type, but Millar is the only natural central midfielder who’s regularly been used in a more advanced role and even he’s primarily been a holding midfielder for the last 10 years.

If we’re going to be playing a central midfield three with Millar, Lyon and Jacobs as first choice, then you can see the need for potentially having a more creative player to replace one of them. Factor in Millar not being able to start every game at his age, McAlister potentially being used as cover in defence as well and keeping Dykes as far away from the first team as possible, then another option there would be welcome.

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOF!

Nice photo op with the development squad on their trip to Portugal, modelling 3 or 4 different sets of training kit, with different sized numbers on the shirts. Different short. Total mismatch.

A bit of a riddy.

https://twitter.com/Morton_FC/status/1143813778905206784?s=19

I know it’s been said that it’s just a little thing with the training gear but am I right in saying the Easdales own that Saveheat mob?

I’d be a bit pissed off if I was funding a trip away for them, sponsoring their jerseys and then seeing them photographed on social media advertising another brand on said trip.

Not terribly professional.

It's a little thing within the bigger picture of us being fucking abysmal at social media/online perception/marketing etc etc.

They do own that company, yes, and I agree with you although how bothered they are i'm obviously not sure of.

Even if they aren't bothered, Morton should be bothered about appearance and how shabby and unprofessional it looks.

It really isn't that hard to purchase matching sets and issue them and make sure everyone is wearing the same thing. It sets the standard and i'm afraid that the latest attempt falls short of that.

TIME FOR CHANGE!

Archived