Greenock & Inverclyde - Page 2 - General Nonsense - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Greenock & Inverclyde

Flyerton

How will you vote?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. You decide

• Scottish Labour Party
    • SNP
    • Other

Iain McKenzie will win this at a canter.

Probably with an increased majority.

A good local candidate who has, over the past few years, got of his erse and worked hard for the people of Inverclyde.

I honestly can't see why you'd vote for anyone else.

You are absolutely right! In fact he is so certain of winning there is no need for labour supporters to turn out to vote!

If you can't think of any reasons not to vote for labour, you and the labour party deserrve each other!

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Iain McKenzie is going to bang heads together to create jobs , in my book that is assault so get your applications into the prison service.

Since he will be part of the opposition in the middle of the biggest spending review in modern history where are those jobs coming from.

Anyway the main thing seems to be that the candidates were born here, are we that bloody shallow what were we all extra's in the film Deliverance , I couldn't care whether the were from Outer Mongolia as long as they actually changed the demise of the area. What ****heads

I remember watching Ewan McGregor in Mongolia, he was riding his motorbike around the world at the time in the 'Long Way Round' TV programme.

Another Labourite bawsac.

200px-Trollface.png

We are a MEAN diddy team!!!

SITTING ON THE FENCE!!!

make your own mind up.

"Hey!!! That tea leaf half-inched me wallet"

Yours Roobs, AKA, Harry's Orville Duck

And to think,we could have a by-election perhaps 4 weeks later with the cameras out and about reporting for BBC,SKY and ITN with the backdrop of the tall ships race.Would have shown the area in a good light and perhaps helped attract new investment and jobs.

But sadly our beloved local labour party deserve a holiday so let,s not do that.......

I have an intense, burning indifference.

Why do you think Labour called the election so soon?

I read it was down to having the election before the Wesminster summer recess (it lasts 19 July - 5 Sept) and with the first two weeks in July being the Greenock fair holidays, the end of June is a logical choice.

I take it he has nothing positive to say then? Same old negativity despite 13 years of Labour in power until last year and the economy wrecked by them. I'm no fan of the Tories but he can hardly blame them for all the ills that beset Inverclyde when his lot have barely handed back the keys of Downing St.

Not very likely I know but I'd love to see him get beaten.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Why do you think Labour called the election so soon?

Calculated risk - snap poll builds up on the sympathy vote for St. David of Cairns (see their first leaflet, more of a political eulogy that features none other than our very own chairman of GMFC); does not give the SNP time to muster their troops who would be better organised, motivated and more willing than their Labour counterparts; prevents the idea that Labour are actually in coalition with the Tories in Inverclyde from seeping into the minds of the traditional Labour voters; lack of money and resources; restricts proper scrutiny of all the candidates.

If any more ideas arrive I will let you all know...although the above is only my take on why they called the election so soon - might be better if you got a Labour Party member to answer....I am sure you will see more than one of them out and about over the next three weeks.

A press release confirming this will be released shortly...

Calculated risk - snap poll builds up on the sympathy vote for St. David of Cairns (see their first leaflet, more of a political eulogy that features none other than our very own chairman of GMFC); does not give the SNP time to muster their troops who would be better organised, motivated and more willing than their Labour counterparts; prevents the idea that Labour are actually in coalition with the Tories in Inverclyde from seeping into the minds of the traditional Labour voters; lack of money and resources; restricts proper scrutiny of all the candidates.

If any more ideas arrive I will let you all know...although the above is only my take on why they called the election so soon - might be better if you got a Labour Party member to answer....I am sure you will see more than one of them out and about over the next three weeks.

Don't count on it, they came from all over scotland last weekend and it will be the same every day till the election, three senior msps and one minister were canvassing yesterday

We are not home and dry, we could not even be said to be home and vigorously towelling ourselves off!

Got a leaflet from the ,about candidate saying he wanted to hear my views , sorry you were out type thing, curiously I was sitting downstairs and didn't hear the doorbell!

We are not home and dry, we could not even be said to be home and vigorously towelling ourselves off!

Got a leaflet from the ,about candidate saying he wanted to hear my views , sorry you were out type thing, curiously I was sitting downstairs and didn't hear the doorbell!

I don't think labour are planning a full canvass, they were in my street but only knocked on a few of the doors in my lane....either that or their activists are not very good and/or could not be bothered....

I note that Mr McKenzie is “ launching a petition from Inverclyde people, calling for David Cameron to get on the side of hard-working people and urgently put in place stronger controls on fuel price increases.” It is sad but I am old enough to remember days of yore when labour candidates would demand the instant renationalisation of the utility companies so that profits would not come before people! No doubt the old etonian is quaking in his boots at the prospect of a petition from our councillor...perhaps whose time would have been better spent ensuring that tender documents from the council were delivered on time to River Clyde Homes so that current jobs are not put under threat....

A press release confirming this will be released shortly...

i have no idea.

i dont buy the send an SNP mp to Westminster to remind them we want independence, i mean we have just voted in a MAJORITY SNP govt, so they get the message.

On paper it looks a safe win, but MacKenzie is local as is the SNP candidate and they avoided the trap of selecting some of the loonbag councillors in their ranks.

A low turnout and a lib dem vote going to the SNP could make it tight.

I will decide nearer to the day.

If a raving looney was standing then they would have got my vote!

JB.

Power To The Powerless,

Strength Unto The Weak!

i have no idea.

i dont buy the send an SNP mp to Westminster to remind them we want independence, i mean we have just voted in a MAJORITY SNP govt, so they get the message.

On paper it looks a safe win, but MacKenzie is local as is the SNP candidate and they avoided the trap of selecting some of the loonbag councillors in their ranks.

A low turnout and a lib dem vote going to the SNP could make it tight.

I will decide nearer to the day.

If a raving looney was standing then they would have got my vote!

JB.

You sound like the disillusioned person i want to attract.

I will be campaigning to not run in the election , £500 no student discount either. As part of the Pig Society which promotes corruption , incompetance and cronyism we don't feel we can do a better job than the candidates already involved.

So if you cannot decide on a single candidate then the option to acknowledge a vote for the status quo, no to change just mark The Pig Society.

On Friday of last week there was a number left on our house answer phone & on my wife's mobile. When she came in from work she phoned it & it turned out to be a number for Inverclyde Council. The message said it was closed, this was after 3 p.m. on Friday.

My wife couldn't understand why the council would be phoning her mobile. The only thing she could think of was that she'd applied for a job with them a couple of years ago & that was maybe how they had her number. I've since heard that calls have been made locally touting our local Labour candidate & Council leader. Now maybe it's just me being suspicious, but if this was them isn't that an illegal use of council funds & also a breach of the Data Protection Act ?

If it was proven I wonder what effect that would have on MacKenzie's candidature ?

I'd love to have you both for dinner

On Friday of last week there was a number left on our house answer phone & on my wife's mobile. When she came in from work she phoned it & it turned out to be a number for Inverclyde Council. The message said it was closed, this was after 3 p.m. on Friday.

My wife couldn't understand why the council would be phoning her mobile. The only thing she could think of was that she'd applied for a job with them a couple of years ago & that was maybe how they had her number. I've since heard that calls have been made locally touting our local Labour candidate & Council leader. Now maybe it's just me being suspicious, but if this was them isn't that an illegal use of council funds & also a breach of the Data Protection Act ?

If it was proven I wonder what effect that would have on MacKenzie's candidature ?

Yes, that is illegal. I'd tip of the SNP campaign office if I were you - i'm sure they would be interested in pursuing it.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Ehh, can someone explain why the irrelevant Lib Dem candidate has taken out a half-page in the Tele with the punchy side-heading 'The SNP have let down Inverclyde'?

Firstly, it is a stupid political move, seeing as just last month the SNP vastly increased their share of the vote in the same constituency.

Secondly, it is Labour, not SNP, who are the incumbent for the seat. So if the onus is on anyone to justify what they've done for the area, it's Labour.

Thirdly, given Labour and the Lib Dems have held the Council for donkeys' years and have governed for 8 out of the 12 years of the Scottish Parliament, where, logically, should the buck fall for the running down of the area?

There is not ONE mention of Labour's failings in the ad. :wacko:

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Ehh, can someone explain why the irrelevant Lib Dem candidate has taken out a half-page in the Tele with the punchy side-heading 'The SNP have let down Inverclyde'?

Firstly, it is a stupid political move, seeing as just last month the SNP vastly increased their share of the vote in the same constituency.

Secondly, it is Labour, not SNP, who are the incumbent for the seat. So if the onus is on anyone to justify what they've done for the area, it's Labour.

Thirdly, given Labour and the Lib Dems have held the Council for donkeys' years and have governed for 8 out of the 12 years of the Scottish Parliament, where, logically, should the buck fall for the running down of the area?

There is not ONE mention of Labour's failings in the ad. :wacko:

:lol:

The lib-dems are the only party I haven't had a photocall for yet, where are they hiding?

Archived