Supporters 7's - Page 2 - General Nonsense - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Supporters 7's

ScottC

I think people are letting the petty squabble of 'the big three' (very much becoming the Old Firm in their paranoia) get in the way of what it's about scraping together a passably competent team on the morning of the tournament. This should be happening again this year. It's not about winning, its about getting drunk between matches.

The Exiles almost always provide entertainment within a good team ethic. Which is why GiGi, last year's Stuart McCluskey off the team (running around being useless while constantly shouting at everyone else for being useless) is not welcome.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think people are letting the petty squabble of 'the big three' (very much becoming the Old Firm in their paranoia) get in the way of what it's about scraping together a passably competent team on the morning of the tournament. This should be happening again this year. It's not about winning, its about getting drunk between matches.

The Exiles almost always provide entertainment within a good team ethic. Which is why GiGi, last year's Stuart McCluskey off the team (running around being useless while constantly shouting at everyone else for being useless) is not welcome.

Did this 'Supporters 7's' evolve from the Gary Millar 7's tourney?

Played in that a couple of times with our Thursday night 7's guys... lost in the final first time, won it second time, but didn't get the chance to defend our title.

Anyway, sure we'd beat the lot of you if we put a team together! ;) Would be a team featuring 3 ex-Ton players... I'd probably not get a game come to think of it!

Did this 'Supporters 7's' evolve from the Gary Millar 7's tourney?

Played in that a couple of times with our Thursday night 7's guys... lost in the final first time, won it second time, but didn't get the chance to defend our title.

Anyway, sure we'd beat the lot of you if we put a team together! ;) Would be a team featuring 3 ex-Ton players... I'd probably not get a game come to think of it!

Yes it did, the Albert Hotel Morton Supporters resurrected it and ran it for 3-4 years before handing the reigns to the trust at their request, they ran it for one year before giving up on it

Keep up to date with our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/AHMSC

Yes it did, the Albert Hotel Morton Supporters resurrected it and ran it for 3-4 years before handing the reigns to the trust at their request, they ran it for one year before giving up on it

Bring it back then! it was much more enjoyable and well organised under the tutelage of the AHMS

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

Bring it back then! it was much more enjoyable and well organised under the tutelage of the AHMS

Aye bring it back. Was hoping there would be a tourney this year so I could play. No fans game and no 7 tourney :(

If you have a problem with me, text me. If you dont have my number then you don't know me well enough to have a problem with me.

Shouldn't have let the trust get there hands on it in the first place.....It was well run and good fun.

How about Middenton...sorry Midton, reorganise it...could be done before the start of the season.

Over to the supporters clubs

Do yourself a favour...................................

Was it not just the same thing (and same people) organising it?

It did end up with a few of the AHMS lads helping out, a few of whom were at most just ordinary members.

I doubt very much this could be organised before the start of the season but I'll look into it and see what we can do.

Firstly though we would need to get an idea of how many would actually be interested, if we can get 8 teams to sign up say before the weekend then we'll try and pull out all the stops and get something organised even if it is on a morning before a home game.

If your interested then let us know on here.

Keep up to date with our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/AHMSC

I think The Exiles can definitely summon some form of team together, we did last year even with Frank etc on holiday.

All that remains is for our opponents to assemble or we win by default.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

I think The Exiles can definitely summon some form of team together, we did last year even with Frank etc on holiday.

All that remains is for our opponents to assemble or we win by default.

do i keep my place from last year?

We are not home and dry, we could not even be said to be home and vigorously towelling ourselves off!

ill help out and do what i can if needed......about time the ordinary supporters took control of there events and bring it back to the masses!!!1

Do yourself a favour...................................

do i keep my place from last year?

We'll have to ask Frank, I think he might be on holiday at the moment. Unlike Greacens you ought to be considered at least.

ill help out and do what i can if needed......about time the ordinary supporters took control of there events and bring it back to the masses!!!1

what in the blue hell are you talking about

We are not home and dry, we could not even be said to be home and vigorously towelling ourselves off!

Was it not just the same thing (and same people) organising it?

It was nowhere near as well organised last year, there weren't even proper referees if i remember correctly.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

We'll have to ask Frank, I think he might be on holiday at the moment. Unlike Greacens you ought to be considered at least.

:lol:

Fine by me.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Archived