What Was The Last Film You Watched? - Page 81 - General Nonsense - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

What Was The Last Film You Watched?

Mr.Kennedy

Les Misérables (2012)

One of the Oscar nominees last year, very good but there were several better nominated. How it didn't win Production Design I have no idea, it was vastly superior to Lincoln (which should have won Best Picture) in that respect.

8/10

Can you tell I don't like the Academy? I've seen 7 of the 9 nominees, and Argo (the eventual winner) would be 6th out of those 7...

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The Acid House - 1998

Irvine Welsh at his crazy best. Bit dated now but still as enjoyable. Great soundtrack.

7/10

Trainspotting was on TV tonight.  Hadn't seen it in almost a decade.

Has to be one of the greatest Scottish movies of all time. :D

*insert signature here*

Trainspotting was on TV tonight.  Hadn't seen it in almost a decade.

Has to be one of the greatest Scottish movies of all time. :D

Agree. Looking forward to Trainspotting 2.

<span style='font-size: 14px;'><em class='bbc'>"That LinwoodTon's a c*nt, eh?"</em></span>

Anchorman 2

Utter guff.

2/10

It's rare to get a comedy that is actually funny.. most are dire.  I laughed quite a lot at Anchorman 2, better than many comedies I've seen in recent years. 6/10 for me.

Spiderman 2 was the most recent. Standard Marvel stuff, good 3D at times.. another 6/10.

Kings

A not very well known Colm Meaney film about Irish lads in London. It's brilliant, really really good.

9/10

"Only by understanding what a rebellion accomplishes can we see its limitations. A rebellion disrupts the society, but it does not provide what is necessary to establish a new social order." James and Grace Lee Boggs.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I watched 2 films last week both variations on a theme.

The Internship: Basically an hour and a half long infomercial for Google but yet I still enjoyed it. Typical Vaughn & Wilson comedy. 6/10.

Disconnected: a brilliant film all about what can go wrong with life online. Maybe a wee bit predictable in places but it's engrossing through character development. 9/10 and must see.

FIRST DIVISION RUNNERS UP 2012/13

Hey Man - Enough of your Stupidness

• 8 months later...

Archived