Megrahi........ A Curious Case............................... - Page 2 - General Nonsense - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Megrahi........ A Curious Case...............................

Guest David Edwards

wasnt it an iranian plane?

there was also the mystery of the Air India jet that came down over Ireland years ago....... it was thought to have been brought down by a Sikh-hating missile.......

.......or was it turban failure? ;)

"Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right......."

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Al Megrahi was involved. He may not have been the man who pulled the trigger, but he helped load the bullets. He played his part in this Political farce.

He is being released because Libya are kindly buying oil terminals in the UK and are now doing our Governments a wee turn with oil.

I'd let him rot. Brown and Salmond need to have a look in the mirror.

I'm bloody convinced that if there had been a trial by jury, he would not have been found guilty. The evidence is entirely circumstancial.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

there was also the mystery of the Air India jet that came down over Ireland years ago....... it was thought to have been brought down by a Sikh-hating missile.......

.......or was it turban failure? ;)

That made me laugh. :)

The future just ain't what it used to be

Guest David Edwards
I get the impression that the American relatives just want the comfort of knowing someone is locked up for it, and aren't actually that fussed as to whether or not he's actually guilty.

I think Americans need to know someone's been convicted and put away to give them what they call 'closure'. I think 'closure' for them takes priority over justice.

So Americans prefer closure to justice do they? Just as long as somebody's banged up in the Big Hoose doing time for the crime, no matter whether the fecker is innocent or guilty, those ole Ham Shanks will sleep tight in their scratchers.

Aye for sure, just like 'Scotchmen' are tight arsed skinflints that wear kilts, drink whisky, eat haggis and shout 'See You Jimmy'. Oh and lest I forget, just like Belgians are boring. :lol:

Oh and lest I forget, just like Belgians are boring. :lol:

Aye, insulting Belgians really hurts me like, cos I'm Belgian through and through.

So how would you explain how relatives of British victims, on the whole, are comforatable with him being released whereas American relatives are, on the whole, very hostile at the prospect?

Guest David Edwards
He is being released because Libya are kindly buying oil terminals in the UK and are now doing our Governments a wee turn with oil.

Maybe that's why snake eyes Blair was kissing and hugging Colonel Maddaffi, they were 'clinching' a dirty deal. What's in it for Eck though? Will some of the blood money find its way over the border?

Guest David Edwards
Aye, insulting Belgians really hurts me like, cos I'm Belgian through and through.

Mais non Monsieur, I'm not insulting Belgians, you're insulting Americans.

Mais non Monsieur, I'm not insulting Belgians, you're insulting Americans.

No I wasn't, ya daft auld sausage. Can't you read? :rolleyes:

Simply pointing out cultural differences does not imply insult.

Americans do, as a whole, have more need for retribution than Europeans do. That I think is fairly indisputable, but pointing that out doesn't in itself imply insult.

But I think you knew that already and were just being a cantankerous and argumentative auld fud. It's what you do.

Guest David Edwards
No I wasn't, ya daft auld sausage. Can't you read? :rolleyes:

Simply pointing out cultural differences does not imply insult.

Americans do, as a whole, have more need for retribution that Europeans do. That I think is fairly indisputable, but pointing that out doesn't in itself imply insult.

But I think you knew that already and were just being a cantankerous and argumentative auld fud. It's what you do.

'Americans...as a whole'. :lol: You're making simplistic generalisations, coupled with the usual, predictably pathetic ageist jibes. It's what you do. :P

'Americans on the whole'. :lol: You're making simplistic generalisations, coupled with the usual, predictably pathetic ageist jibes. It's what you do. :P

Yes, Americans 'as a whole', meaning the majority.

It doesn't mean that all Americans believe that a dying man with significant doubts about the legitimacy of his conviction should not be released to die at home, but most probably do.

I hope that explains what 'on the whole' means.

Guest David Edwards
Yes, Americans 'as a whole', meaning the majority.

It doesn't mean that all Americans believe that a dying man with significant doubts about the legitimacy of his conviction should not be released to die at home, but most probably do.

I hope that explains what 'on the whole' means.

Apologies. It seems you've conducted a comprehensive survey. :lol:

Mortonjag's inside source informs him that the prosecution f*cked up.

;)

I can tell you all without fear of contradiction :rolleyes: that even those who spent three years sifting through all the evidence for the SCCRC are still unsure about his guilt or innocence.

They are certain, however, that the actual verdict was based on flimsy circumstantial evidence.

I asked someone in the know the blunt question-'WAS he guilty'? He wouldn't commit himself but his look definitely said 'Yes'.

Guilty or not, he's costing us a fortune-get him to f*ck back to Libya. :ph34r:

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then they pretend to befriend you, then you win!

YER BARD

I think its more or less accepted that Megrahi has been very much a patsy played for a crowd by the governments of the West and it was an easy decision for Libya in the late 80s to make him available for trial as the perpretator.

i have read a few books and previously worked for an organisation which had dealings with the implications of this type of thing.

Its widely accepted - amongst many experts - that the parts used to make this device and the trigger mechanisms were made in the Soviet Union. As far as I am led to believe the Uk govt and the US govt were pointed in the direction of the USSR, however as they were keen to avoid ruffling the feathers due to the fact there was an atmosphere of softening under the detente and gorbachev's reforms.

To me it looks like just as happened in the past wars, they had to find a smoking gun, and used experts channeled and briefed by ministers to point the finger at Libya.

I really doubt that Megrahi was capable of this crime, but I am mystified as to why Salmond would want it all swept under the carpet, expecially when he of all people potrays himself as some kind of crusader for the truth of UK War crimes etc in Iiraq.

There is no doubt however that it suits both the Scottish and the UK government to have Megrahi released and packed off to Libya as by withdrawing his appeal many of the general public and the families affected will be unable to hear the Who, Where and more importantly the Why's during his appeal and all those ministers in our Govt's can label all the documents secret and never allow them to be published.

Quite frankly - even though I feel its a massively unsafe conviction - to release him without this appeal being heard is a complete farce and clearly a joint attempt to cover the whole thing up.

Its a disaster for the famlies who lost someone close too.

JB.

This link presents a different view but has the same concerns.

http://www.prisonplanet.com/the-truth-behi...ie-bombing.html

Power To The Powerless,

Strength Unto The Weak!

Guest David Edwards
There is no doubt however that it suits both the Scottish and the UK government to have Megrahi released and packed off to Libya as by withdrawing his appeal many of the general public and the families affected will be unable to hear the Who, Where and more importantly the Why's during his appeal and all those ministers in our Govt's can label all the documents secret and never allow them to be published.

Quite frankly - even though I feel its a massively unsafe conviction - to release him without this appeal being heard is a complete farce and clearly a joint attempt to cover the whole thing up.

Its a disaster for the famlies who lost someone close too.

Well said Jack. The government will no doubt add insult to injury by refusing an independent enquiry.

There is little doubt in official circles that an appeal would be successful, giving the Scottish Judicial system an extremely red face.

As I stated previously, those in the know DO believe in his probable guilt.

Guilty or not, he's genuinely very ill and his treatment and incarceration cost us megabucks. Best to let him go.

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then they pretend to befriend you, then you win!

YER BARD

Guest David Edwards
Guilty or not, he's genuinely very ill and his treatment and incarceration cost us megabucks. Best to let him go.

We'll disagree then. Guilty or not (of Lockerbie) I'll struggle to find much sympathy for one of Gaddafi's stooges. My sympathies lie with the relatives of the victims, poorly served as they are by the government(s) and the justice system.

Archived