Prince Harry - Page 2 - General Nonsense - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Prince Harry

xj2006

It's probably on Al Jaazera with the words "Kill Britain" flashing underneath it.

And in all seriousness, that is a matter which the more narrowminded perhaps haven't taken into account with this story.

Prince Harry, a potential future King of England, being exposed saying something like this in the current political climate, Isn't Good.

Writing about music is like dancing about architecture - Laurie Anderson

Yer Dong

Allan Moore, yer wife's a very nice woman,

we're gonna win the league for sure.

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's probably on Al Jaazera with the words "Kill Britain" flashing underneath it.

And in all seriousness, that is a matter which the more narrowminded perhaps haven't taken into account with this story.

Prince Harry, a potential future King of England, being exposed saying something like this in the current political climate, Isn't Good.

Yip, very good point.

Whether he likes it or not, because of his high level membership of the Royal Family he's not an ordinary squaddy and his actions and words will therefore have major political and diplomatic consequences.

Nope, i hate all this PC s***, people come from certain places people are certain coulors & certain religions and yet we're not allowed to mention it, I've seen and heard the phrases paddys, yanks, sassenachs frogs, krauts, taffys, jocks ect ect, why are they less offensive to the pc brigade than calling someone from pakistan a *potential ethnic slur removed* ? simple, cos they relate to white people mainly and you cant be racist to white people.

I use the word *potential ethnic slur removed* regularly, so what, i make no apologies for it & i wont stop using it cos some do-gooder whines about it.

f*** POLITICAL CORRECTNESS !!!! :angry:

I entirely agree. The word 'p a k i' is being used MORE AND MORE ACCURATELY in the 'smoke' nowadays, and the Pakistani community don't really give a f*ck about being identified as separate from the palpably unwelcome mid European rag-bag that's been foisted on Glaswegians of all ethnicity.

excuse my ignorance but where is this video ?

Nach0 has it in his archives. Currently he's busy editing 'Ten Steps To Obscurity', after which he'll get beasted into 'The p a k i who stole my slice roll'! :lol:

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then they pretend to befriend you, then you win!

YER BARD

I entirely agree. The word 'p a k i' is being used MORE AND MORE ACCURATELY in the 'smoke' nowadays, and the Pakistani community don't really give a f*ck about being identified as separate from the palpably unwelcome mid European rag-bag that's been foisted on Glaswegians of all ethnicity.

Yeah, the Pakistani community don't :rolleyes:

Yer Dong

Thing is though, it's generally used as a derogatory term to describe anyone from the whole Asian sub-continent, so it's also offensive to Indians, Bangladeshis and Sri Lankans.

Exactly, MortonJag seemed to be saying that the Asians in Glasgow have got used to being called *racial slur removed*, and don't really care now. And I thought, well certainly the pakistanis amongst them, maybe. :)

Yer Dong

Religious groups in Scotland - Source wikipedia

Religious affiliation in Scotland[9]

Religion/Denomination Current religion % Religion of upbringing %

Church of Scotland 2,146,251 42.4 2,392,601 47.3

No Religion 1,394,460 27.5 887,221 17.5

Roman Catholic 803,732 15.9 859,503 17.5

Other Christian 344,562 6.8 424,221 8.4

Religion not stated 278,061 5.5 422,862 8.4

Islam 42,557 0.8 42,264 0.8

Other Religion 26,974 0.5 8,447 0.2

Buddhism 6,830 0.1 4,704 0.1

Sikhism 6,572 0.1 6,821 0.1

Judaism 6,448 0.1 7,446 0.1

Hinduism 5,564 0.1 5,921 0.1

Base/Total 5,062,011 100 5,062,011 100

A gentleman from Pakistan being referred to as a Packi is no more offensive than a gentleman from Scotland being referred to as a Scot.

It is how the reference is made in the context of verbal that decides wether its a slur on someones race.

200px-Trollface.png

We are a MEAN diddy team!!!

SITTING ON THE FENCE!!!

make your own mind up.

"Hey!!! That tea leaf half-inched me wallet"

Yours Roobs, AKA, Harry's Orville Duck

A gentleman from Pakistan being referred to as a Packi is no more offensive than a gentleman from Scotland being referred to as a Scot.

It is how the reference is made in the context of verbal that decides wether its a slur on someones race.

Is "Packi" the correct term? I thought it was Pakistani.

Yer Dong

That response is typical of the generational thing I mentioned earlier.

Many older people still use terms like 'pak1' through ignorance rather than malice, with absolutely no offensive intent. I would guess that most Asian people are smart enough to differentiate between them and those who use the word as a racial insult, and not take offense where none is intended. It's not the word in itself that's offensive, it's the intent behind it. And the fact is that many do use it with malicious racial intent.

Therefore if you use the term even without malice you're leaving yourself open to misinterpretation, so best not to use it at all (especially if you're a senior member of the Royal Family and possible future King).

See my reply above, it all comes down to intent.

Very few if any people use the term 'Scot' as an intended racial insult, but many people (though not all, I agree) do use 'Pak1' as a racial insult. Also it's generally used as an insult to all describe people from the Asian sub-continent, not just Pakistanis.

For these reasons I would argue that you cannot possibly compare the use of the word 'Scot' and 'Pak1'.

Is "Packi" the correct term? I thought it was Pakistani.

not sure about that. I think they would prefer to be called Pakistani's than *p4k1s

Wether they prefer to be called Pakistani or Packi is not the argument here. It wether its meant to be offensive or not. Some take offence at Jock or Jimmy in our context, I don't. Some nationalties should get over themselves. I will continue to use the shortened versions I have grown up with in the knowledge I mean absolutely no offence. Not because some wishy washy PC knobend tells me to.

200px-Trollface.png

SITTING ON THE FENCE!!!

make your own mind up.

See my reply above, it all comes down to intent.

Very few if any people use the term 'Scot' as an intended racial insult, but many people (though not all, I agree) do use 'Pak1' as a racial insult. Also it's generally used an insult to all describe people from the Asian sub-continent, not just Pakistanis.

For these reasons I would argue that you cannot possibly compare the use of the word 'Scot' and 'Pak1'.

Only because one takes it as offensive while the other is grown up enough not to be insulted by it.

200px-Trollface.png

SITTING ON THE FENCE!!!

make your own mind up.

Thing is though, it's generally used as a derogatory term to describe anyone from the whole Asian sub-continent, so it's also offensive to Indians, Bangladeshis and Sri Lankans.

WHERE?

Exactly, MortonJag seemed to be saying that the Asians in Glasgow have got used to being called *racial slur removed*, and don't really care now. And I thought, well certainly the pakistanis amongst them, maybe. :)

Precisely Dong-I've had this argument repeatedly. I LIVE in an area with the highest concentration of 'Asian' folk in Scotland. I've worked with them as colleagues, treated them as patients, and have several who are friends. My partner has two close workmates who are described affectionately as the 'two *racial slur removed*'-they love it and rip the piss out of proddies calflicks etc., etc.

Now BEFORE our PC f*nn**s start to argue-when those boys are having a SERIOUS discussion about problems in-say- Govanhill, they will come out with comments like 'Yes but the *racial slur removed* don't get involved in that', and so on.

As beermonkey points out there's MUCH more to a word than its simple existence. It's how the word is used, where it's used, and the reason for its use which should be assessed.

Am I still allowed to type *potential ethnic slur removed* brown, and if not-why not.

You see-because we live in a world of PC clowns! :ph34r:

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then they pretend to befriend you, then you win!

YER BARD

Archived