The Football Manager Thread - Page 37 - General Nonsense - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

The Football Manager Thread

RedSoxBlueHoops

• Replies 730
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got bagged by Morton in my new game (again), got offered the Cowdenbeath job, got bored of it and then started a new game as Morton.

This time I've set myself as international footballer in past experience, instead of Sunday league. I'm now topping the First Division and getting good results. Does past experience matter? Does it change the game difficulty?

• 3 weeks later...

First season I'm top after 15 games, they didn't give me any money so having to sign freebies and bring folk in on trial to get better players for a few games.

Got Didier Domi and Pablo Counago on trial at the moment, although Ross Forsyth and Peter Weatherson are both far better than them!

Only decent signing I've made who has made any impact so far has been Jamie Longworth from Queen's Park... Colin Stewart has been immense, only conceded five in his first 11 games.

• 4 months later...

Yeah they're pretty awful. I lost my first 3 league games and got put out the challenge cup by Elgin on penalties. If you're looking for a bit more success I turned things around dramatically by playing a very defensive 4-5-1 with Bachirou the defensive midfielder and Obri and Graham on the wings and just playing on the counter. Had a good few clean sheets that way.

Unfortunately Hardie and McLaughlin are really s*** because of their age and Archie Campbell cannae score.

On the bright side Obri is scoring for fun and outdoing all the strikers put together and Iain Russell is the most frequently offside player in the league! :thumbup2:

Just lost at home to bottom of the league Dumbarton though, sitting 3rd. :lol:

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Campbell and everyone's stats and ratings were done before end of August. Campbell, Gaston will be improved in update. As for the older guys i can't do much

"Boy, I got vision, and the rest of the world wears bifocals."

• 5 months later...

Archived