The Football Manager Thread - Page 3 - General Nonsense - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

The Football Manager Thread

RedSoxBlueHoops

I think you've misread the cheat.

The £92 million i guess is deposited to Morton: aka the "Keenan" signings.

Mr X is a real misguided character, and a generous manager. :unsure: :rolleyes:

Yip :P

I am the Morton manager, but I went as the Chelsea manager, bought the guy for £92m and then retired from football :P

26/4/18

A Decade of Wakeism.

• Replies 730
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why go Morton (or any lower league team) and give them a £92m head start!?!?

That is dumb!

You might as well just fiddle with the game editor if you want to cheat your way to winning in the game.

I don't go quite that far.

Dougie's transfer budget simply doesn't match the reality of "Templeman" signings.

Never mind having to dismantle that defence.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

I've had this argument with the greedy little Viking before :rolleyes:

The sense of achievement to hit the top of the SPL after 24 games knowing you've got there honestly with the normal transfer budget is awesome :)

Agree totally with that, although when I was Morton manager, the best I could do was split up the Old Firm and finish 2nd :P :rolleyes:

"To be the man, you gotta beat the man"

morton4rp5.png

Agree totally with that, although when I was Morton manager, the best I could do was split up the Old Firm and finish 2nd :P :rolleyes:

It's not over yet, I have another 10 games to go and I also now occupy 2nd spot :unsure:

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Has anyone else had this problem?

I have played one season already but this season there are no Scottish leagues, and it is February. The Scottish Cup and League Cup took place.

Anybody know why this happens?

26/4/18

A Decade of Wakeism.

I have played one season already but this season there are no Scottish leagues, and it is February. The Scottish Cup and League Cup took place.

Because you haven't installed the patch.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

I think its a glitch in the old version -I'm sure there's a patch for it.

I must ask - how on earth did you not notice it until February? :blink: :P

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Google it. Why do people never Google stuff?!

Because its owned by Satanic cultists?

Patch available here: http://community.sigames.com/eve/forums/a/...91/m/3342088083

Decided I wanted to start at the bottom of the English leagues. Couldn't be bothered with the conference or anything so started at League 2. Checked the prediction for each team in that league to see who was tipped to finish bottom to see just how well I could improve their fortunes. Prediction was Macclesfield town.

I'm a signing junkie - so signed an entire new team. Pinpointed a strike partnership of Juho Makela and Branny Kostadinov. However managed to blag to loan signings of Sylvan Ebanks-Blake from Wolves and Jordan Robertson from Sheff U so they became my starters. Robertson started amazingly but kept getting injured giving Makela his chance. Farmed Branny to Brentford for 3 months to get him games and goals (14 goals in 11 games) then he came back in January to take Juho's place and was astounding upfront with Ebanks-Blake who himself was a gem.

Top scorer though was Jason Kennedy on loan from Middlesbrough. He can play up front or in the middle but chose midfield due to my abundance of strikers. He didn't disappoint. Superstar!

Playing the 5-3-2 attacking formation, my team is:

____________________Branny Kostadinov (Hearts)________Sylvan Ebanks-Blake (Ln Wolves)

________Ryan Mccann (St.Johnstone)______Jason Kennedy (Ln Middlesbrough)______Jody Morris (Free)

Nathan Ashton (Ln Fulham)____________________________________________Paul Telfer (Captain - Free)

__________________Brian Easton (Hamilton)____Neil McGregor (Clyde)____Gary Mackenzie (Dundee)

_________________________________________Roddy Mackenzie (Free)

Subs:

David Martin (GK Ln Liverpool)

Sol Bamba (Dunfermline)

Matt Jansen (Free)

Juho Makela (Hearts)

Jordan Robertson (Ln Sheff U)

Totally shocked as my team stormed to the title 17 points clear by the end. Also nabbed the Johnstone's Paint trophy beating Leeds in the Semi and then Swansea in the final. Great season. Managed to get Ebanks-Blake and Kennedy for another year, not sure I need Robertson. So should be a fun second season.

Patch available here: http://community.sigames.com/eve/forums/a/...91/m/3342088083

Decided I wanted to start at the bottom of the English leagues. Couldn't be bothered with the conference or anything so started at League 2. Checked the prediction for each team in that league to see who was tipped to finish bottom to see just how well I could improve their fortunes. Prediction was Macclesfield town.

I'm a signing junkie - so signed an entire new team. Pinpointed a strike partnership of Juho Makela and Branny Kostadinov. However managed to blag to loan signings of Sylvan Ebanks-Blake from Wolves and Jordan Robertson from Sheff U so they became my starters. Robertson started amazingly but kept getting injured giving Makela his chance. Farmed Branny to Brentford for 3 months to get him games and goals (14 goals in 11 games) then he came back in January to take Juho's place and was astounding upfront with Ebanks-Blake who himself was a gem.

Top scorer though was Jason Kennedy on loan from Middlesbrough. He can play up front or in the middle but chose midfield due to my abundance of strikers. He didn't disappoint. Superstar!

____________________Branny Kostadinov (Hearts)________Sylvan Ebanks-Blake (Ln Wolves)

________Ryan Mccann (St.Johnstone)______Jason Kennedy (Ln Middlesbrough)______Jody Morris (Free)

Nathan Ashton (Ln Fulham)____________________________________________Paul Telfer (Captain - Free)

__________________Brian Easton (Hamilton)____Neil McGregor (Clyde)____Gary Mackenzie (Dundee)

_________________________________________Roddy Mackenzie (Free)

Subs:

David Martin (GK Ln Liverpool)

Sol Bamba (Dunfermline)

Matt Jansen (Free)

Juho Makela (Hearts)

Jordan Robertson (Ln Sheff U)

Totally shocked as my team stormed to the title 17 points clear by the end. Also nabbed the Johnstone's Paint trophy beating Leeds in the Semi and then Swansea in the final. Great season. Managed to get Ebanks-Blake and Kennedy for another year, not sure I need Robertson. So should be a fun second season.

a suspicously good team there

We are not home and dry, we could not even be said to be home and vigorously towelling ourselves off!

Suspiciously good but 100% genuine. No point cheating or it'd be boring. All signable by Macclesfield - most on frees. Big cash transfer was Neil McGregor at 220k but well worth it. As I said, i was amazed by the quality of loans I managed to blag. Not complaining. Managed to keep them for second season. Played a few games and doing well so will see how season 2 pans out.

Just started FM08 with The Ton tonite.....Im playing a 4-3-2-1 formation,Currently sitting 7th after...

P 7. W 2. D 2. L 3. F 12. A 17. Pts 8

3 pts behind 2nd and 7 behing 1st

Just won through the The Challenge Cup Final and put out The League Cup by Falkirk(Dodgy decision by the Ref)

Few signings i have made are Swankie-Dundee,Goran Stanic-St Johnstone,Kiegan Ayres-Hibs on loan,Paul McHale-Dundee,McGowan-Celtic,and 2 rite old heads in McInnes-St Johnstone and Simon Charlton-Oldham.

For some reason the Board and the Fans dont like Greacen lol...onwards n upwards :rolleyes:

Oh and i havent sold any 1 but Adam Coakley is going to Pollok in the Jan window,Been offer 140k for McAllister From derby and watford but knocked them back then he got injured for a month lol...Not used any update patches or that either..Just playing the game the way its is.

Here's The Team that just beat Brechin in the semi's of the challenge cup.....

After getting beat in the Challenge Cup Final by St Johnstone,I went on to win 6 league games in a row.Progressed to the 5th rd of The Scottish and met Celtic who beat me 3-0 at the Slum.Then had a wee spell of wins and draws and the odd defeat.I was on a 9 game unbeaten run and had to face Partick while Dunfermiline who are Top and 5 pts clear were away to Hamilton,With Morton(Me) meeting The Pars in the next game.

Needless to say The Ton produced a 2-1 win and with Hamilton beating The Pars 2-1,Set up the Top of The League clash nicely.Going into this game The Pars are the divisions top scorers and have a player..Fraizer Campbell on loan from Man Utd on 42 goals in 36 games(FECK ME!!)

A back 3 of McGreagor Greacen Harding kept Campbell pretty much at bay,And some great striking from Big Sanny and a goal and an assist from McGowan Saw the Ton go in at half time 3-0 up.

Using Millar and McAlister on the wings and Paul McHale playing the anchor role in the midfiled,Morton started the 2nd half as they left off on the forward foot,A change up front saw Kostadinov for Sanny and the boy didnt fail to deliver with 2 goals inside 10 mins.The game ended Dunfermline 0-5 Morton :D and im very proud to say im now sitting top of the league 1 point clear with 6 games to go :)

Exciting Stuff!!!

Top_of_The_League.jpg

5_0.jpg

Shine On You Crazy Diamond

Live Sports - MyP2P

Check the Forum for Baseball Listings as MLB is no longer aloud on Sopcast

Morton are 1st Division Champions!!!!

With a game still to play :D

Fans are Delighted and The Hawkster is Suprised lol

Bring on The EeSssPeeeL :)

Now Keenan is begging to stay after requesting to be put on the Transfer List......NO CHANCE!! :P

Hawke.jpg

League_Champs.jpg

Live Sports - MyP2P

Wow. Just had an amazing second season. Managed to keep my big loan signings of Ebanks-Blake and Kennedy. Freshened up my team a bit. Roddy MacKenzie a bit old now and not so good so replaced him with Ludo Roy. He started well but form dropped so had to get an emergency loan of Nikolay Mihaylov from Liverpool. He was amazing but gutted I only had him for 3 months. January transfer window picked up a wee polish keeper - Piotre Czaplinksi on a free and he was a sensation.

Centre backs stayed the same. Paul Telfer was moved onto the coaching team and replaced with David Gray from Man U. Another loan left wing back, Wiggins from Palace. Sold Ryan McCann for £150k and replaced him with Jamie Adams on a free from Killie. He was awesome. Jody Morris kept his place for the start of the season but the fans started telling me his form wasn't good enough - so in January I replaced him with Lauri Dalla Valle from Liverpool (gutted he has moved to Liverpool. Used to always buy this wonderkid on a free for Morton!) Lauri settled in wonderfully. Kennedy stayed as my lynchpin in central mid and had an even better season than last year (18 goals, 29 assists!).

Retained my Johnstone's Paint trophy which was nice and was doing really well in the league - flirting between 2nd and 3rd. Leeds were top ALL season, only moving off the top spot for 2 weeks. There was only ever 5 points in it - they'd lose but so would I! Got to the last game of the season. I had 12th placed Orient at home, Leeds had 14th placed Hartlepool away. I won 3-0, Leeds lost 2-1 and I snatched the title by a point on the final day in dramatic circumstances. I was running around the flat going crazy. Ecstatic! What a season!

________Jamie Adams (Kilmarnock)______Jason Kennedy (Ln Middlesbrough)______Lauri Dalla Valle (Liverpool)

Rhoys Wiggins (Ln C Palace)_________________________________________________David Gray (Man Utd)

_________________________________________Piotr Czaplinski (Free)

Subs:

Ludo Roy (GK Dundee)

Patrick Noubissie (Hibs)

Jody Morris (Free)

Juho Makela (Hearts)

Jordan Robertson (Sheff U)

how can gardyne become so good? he was my top scorer on way to winnin the first division. he even now has a 3m release clause. should sign simon ferry from celtic cause he is class in the middle of the park.

I finished 2nd :(

Sold McAllister for 50k :( was really that skint

How did u end up with 50k for McAlister?.....MY 1st offer for him was 120k lol..last was 160k..ive got him signed up till 2010-11.

Edit to say....Keigan Ayres thats all im saying lol

Live Sports - MyP2P

Archived