The Football Manager Thread - Page 2 - General Nonsense - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

The Football Manager Thread

RedSoxBlueHoops

• Replies 730
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I play Football Manager '08 (a copy), but would rather play CM01/02, sadly my computer is too good to run it. :(

I have two games running at the moment, one was Barcelona (but I got sacked after 5 seasons, so now I am Cambuur/Argentina manager), and the other I'm sitting 4th in the SPL with Dundee United half way through the first season.

My current game I was Derby County, 15th in season 1, 7th in season 2 and in Europe through the Intertoto, season 3 I won the League Cup and finished 9th, 2nd knockout round of the Uefa Cup as well. I'm afraid I jumped ship and in the space of 2 weeks got the Liverpool then the Argentina job!

Liverpool are in a bit of a state, so it may take a while to get them anywhere, especially as my tactics are still struggling away from home. Trying to change the way my teams play so it's going to be a long road of frustrated tweaking to get it right...

What Carew can do with a ball, I can do with an orange

im morton in mine, was sitting 3rd and lost to celtic in the cup and lost my next 8 games and im sitting 7th :(, i really need a win (scarily wake is m top scorer lol)

Religion is the impotence of the human mind to deal with occurrences it cannot understand.

------------------------------------------------------

Myleftnipple786.png

My formation is either :

GK, 3 CBs, DM, CM, AMR AML, 3 STs

GK, RB, 2 CBs, LB, 2 CMs, AMR, AML, 2 STs

or a normal 4-4-2.

A recommendation is Max Wright from Rangers U19s. He is 14 when starting the game and he he looks like a promising young player.

Finished 1 point behind Dunfermline in my first season, going for promotion this year.

26/4/18

A Decade of Wakeism.

It's got even harder after the patch - really pissing on any 'speed' players out there. You really need to pay attention and react to AI tactical changes. More realistic though. Will start a long game and get the hang of it - Morton for starts.

Research is good. Just wish they would stop saying our favourite David Wylie is the one at Aberdeen and our favourite Andy Ritchie is the one at Huddersfield.

A LOT of people moaning about this version - too many bugs etc. The SI forum has been an absolute nightmare to find decent tips and threads having to wade through the moans. Spurred this on:

Kostadinov is a legend although dougie always sells him once i'm established in the SPL. Biggest fee i've received is 12million to Ajax which softened the blow quite a bit. Seen him play in the flesh a few times at my Uni - the boy has the talent. Should be in the Hearts team in the not too distant future unless Mad Vlad farms him off to Lithuania.

Research is good. Just wish they would stop saying our favourite David Wylie is the one at Aberdeen and our favourite Andy Ritchie is the one at Huddersfield.

i have tried to fix that, i think the Andy Ritchie one isnt there anymore.

"Boy, I got vision, and the rest of the world wears bifocals."

Just started FM08 with The Ton tonite.....Im playing a 4-3-2-1 formation,Currently sitting 7th after...

P 7. W 2. D 2. L 3. F 12. A 17. Pts 8

3 pts behind 2nd and 7 behing 1st

Just won through the The Challenge Cup Final and put out The League Cup by Falkirk(Dodgy decision by the Ref)

Few signings i have made are Swankie-Dundee,Goran Stanic-St Johnstone,Kiegan Ayres-Hibs on loan,Paul McHale-Dundee,McGowan-Celtic,and 2 rite old heads in McInnes-St Johnstone and Simon Charlton-Oldham.

For some reason the Board and the Fans dont like Greacen lol...onwards n upwards :rolleyes:

Oh and i havent sold any 1 but Adam Coakley is going to Pollok in the Jan window,Been offer 140k for McAllister From derby and watford but knocked them back then he got injured for a month lol...Not used any update patches or that either..Just playing the game the way its is.

Here's The Team that just beat Brechin in the semi's of the challenge cup.....

FM08_Morton.jpg

Shine On You Crazy Diamond

Live Sports - MyP2P

Check the Forum for Baseball Listings as MLB is no longer aloud on Sopcast

if oyu can afford him..

Gabriel Torje (sp?)

17 year old romanian MR, ST

recomended to my by a guy at uni, becomes amazing after a few seasons.

also there is a columbina kid called Cabrera (i think)

can get him on a free, however obtaining a work permit is EXTREMELY difficult

"I’m a simple man. I like pretty, dark-haired women, and breakfast food."

Just started FM08 with The Ton tonite.....Im playing a 4-3-2-1 formation,Currently sitting 7th after...

P 7. W 2. D 2. L 3. F 12. A 17. Pts 8

3 pts behind 2nd and 7 behing 1st

Just won through the The Challenge Cup Final and put out The League Cup by Falkirk(Dodgy decision by the Ref)

Few signings i have made are Swankie-Dundee,Goran Stanic-St Johnstone,Kiegan Ayres-Hibs on loan,Paul McHale-Dundee,McGowan-Celtic,and 2 rite old heads in McInnes-St Johnstone and Simon Charlton-Oldham.

For some reason the Board and the Fans dont like Greacen lol...onwards n upwards :rolleyes:

Oh and i havent sold any 1 but Adam Coakley is going to Pollok in the Jan window,Been offer 140k for McAllister From derby and watford but knocked them back then he got injured for a month lol...Not used any update patches or that either..Just playing the game the way its is.

Here's The Team that just beat Brechin in the semi's of the challenge cup.....

Don not sell Jim. You'l get about £1m after a season or two.

When you walk through a storm
Hold your head up high
And don't be afraid of the dark

thats dumb

Eh?

Why blow £92m on an under 19 keeper???? :blink:

I think you've misread the cheat.

The £92 million i guess is deposited to Morton: aka the "Keenan" signings.

Mr X is a real misguided character, and a generous manager. :unsure: :rolleyes:

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Kostadinov is a legend although dougie always sells him once i'm established in the SPL. Biggest fee i've received is 12million to Ajax which softened the blow quite a bit. Seen him play in the flesh a few times at my Uni - the boy has the talent. Should be in the Hearts team in the not too distant future unless Mad Vlad farms him off to Lithuania.

:D

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Why go Morton (or any lower league team) and give them a £92m head start!?!?

That is dumb!

You might as well just fiddle with the game editor if you want to cheat your way to winning in the game.

I've had this argument with the greedy little Viking before :rolleyes:

The sense of achievement to hit the top of the SPL after 24 games knowing you've got there honestly with the normal transfer budget is awesome :)

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Archived