Morton - Arbroath (Saturday 7 March) - Page 5 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Morton - Arbroath (Saturday 7 March)

TRVMP

The Arbroath CB O'brien strolled it, looks class everytime Ive seen him.

Should be FT at a bigger club.

Yep but it will depend on his gig outside of football his combined wage means he's looking for a side bottom half of the premiership or one of the top payers in the championship to make it worth his while.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was grim all round today especially McGinty and Muirhead, one was a liability one was a passenger but nobody really came out of the game with any credit. I do think that Baird will be just fine next season with a decent partner, just a question of who!? Unfortunately a Gunning looks out of our price range at the moment.

Baird contracted next season on PL wages. St Midden subsidising Morton will look not to continue and move him on I fear.

The important thing to be aware of is the performances and the tactical awareness has improved tenfold since January.

If Hopkin gets a good defence behind him,I'll be confident. His Livingston team nad Halkett, Gallagher and Lithgow in it's defence. All three, for varying reasons, were playing at a lower level than they should have been. If he can get any defenders approaching that quality, i don't see any real reason why we wouldn't be up there challenging for the play-offs considering that Livingston team was carrying utter carthorsed like Lee Miller

I don’t like slagging off our own players, but phuq me, McGinty (goal aside, cracking header by the way) was awful, had nightmares last night about him a Ramsbottom in the same team. Muirhead reminded me of the wee guy at school who didn’t like football and was last man picked and stuck in the team to make up the numbers.

The same Tam O'Ware that is guiding Partick to relegation, who had one decent season with us that was mainly because he was able to get on the end of Ross Forbes delivery and whose idea of defensive leadership is to point and blame others for his own mistakes!? Err naw, we've already tried to outdo Partick with shite cast offs once this season let's not try it again. Both Arbroaths centre backs today would be an improvement but I doubt they would go full time and relocate for an extra £50 a week

Don't get me wrong...I don't want to see him back here either for the reasons stated above.

Apparently he's out of favour with the jags fans and opinion has it he will be emptied at seasons end.

Baird contracted next season on PL wages. St Midden subsidising Morton will look not to continue and move him on I fear.

Let’s hope that they do because he’s brutal as well. It’s wild that people want to keep hold of any of our centre backs when they’ve been shipping two goals per game all season.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Let’s hope that they do because he’s brutal as well. It’s wild that people want to keep hold of any of our centre backs when they’ve been shipping two goals per game all season.

Given that you christened Lee Kilday 'Bonucci' ill take your opinion on centre backs with a pinch of salt, thanks for playing etc.

Given that you christened Lee Kilday 'Bonucci' ill take your opinion on centre backs with a pinch of salt, thanks for playing etc.

Give me Lee Kilday and Tam O'Ware any day over this horse shit.

Back in yer box.

*insert signature here*

The important thing to be aware of is the performances and the tactical awareness has improved tenfold since January.

Yesterday’s display and tactics were as poor as anything from the first half of the season though, including yet another ringer position being assigned to Muirhead.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Archived