What if we died? - Page 4 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

What if we died?

TheGoon

Even if all the Trust, MCT and other minor shareholders put their shares together it's not enough to have any influence legallly.

All it does is put some weight behind their argument.

I'm not sure if it actually happened but MCT were being given 15% and the shares the Trust paid for ended up being around 3% after being diluted over the years.

Every journey starts with one step. A missed opportunity, imo.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Every journey starts with one step. A missed opportunity, imo.

Aye, it's a first step for sure and the 15% isn't to be sniffed at so hopefully some of the other shareholders contribute.

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Nah, Morton are my team (with I must admit waning enthusiasm in recent years) and they will remain so until I or they die.

I thought you would be doing the Flemish equivalent of "Punk Rock Football" or "Football for Punks" that he was salivating about a few years back.

Funnily enough, we don't really hear anything of FCUM nowadays nowadays, I suppose the ascendency of Salford City as the 'great Manchester alternative' has consigned them to their inevitable fate of pub team insignificance.

Shame really. Not.

*insert signature here*

I thought you would be doing the Flemish equivalent of "Punk Rock Football" or "Football for Punks" that he was salivating about a few years back.

Well I do go to watch my local team occasionally and they do have a predominantly left-wing fan base, if that's what you mean. :)

How can you expect MCT to get answers to questions that the government don’t even know the answer to?

Regardless of what happens, MCT are offering financial backing to the club. Given that we already have something like 10 players under contract for next season, that will be crucial once furlough ends.

Long term, they are continuing their feasibility study into the possibility of community ownership, which will no doubt be asking a lot of the important questions.

An important point. Can the club afford to pay these players if furlough ends and the season has not started as I suspect that is what will happen. Playing behind closed doors wont be an option as so much of our revenue comes from fans.

Will the club offer a season ticket deal to help with finances, like Aberdeen have, or do they have other income via their insurance policy that covers this epidemic.

I think the club are being very quiet on the future. There really is nothing to stop them giving the fans an outlook of what the future holds given the possible scenarios that may develop. Last thing we need is a last minute panic if the club find itself in dire straits.

Time Dave McKinnon or Crawford Rae told the fans what the future may hold.

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

Again though, they can’t really give the fans an insight as they’re not actually sure themselves. Yes, they can try and cobble together the bones of a strategy for some scenarios that may arise, but we’re at least months away from anything concrete - and that’s without even considering a second wave of the virus.

Furlough scheme extended until October and will still give employees 80%, but from August some employers will be required to contribute to that 80% in some way. It's unclear how much or what the variations from industry to industry will be, but hopefully this will be enough to allow clubs to keep paying contracted employees in the likely event the 20/21 season hasn't started by then.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

See Hamilton Accies have scrapped Season Tickets for next season and are all PATG. Cant see how that'll work better for them.

I can see a few people being loathe to buy a season ticket. The savings are fairly small and if you miss a couple of games, non-existent.  With the shambes of an end to this season just past, and nobody actually knowing when football will restart, it probably makes sense.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Sounds like common sense not to sell something when they have no idea when fans will be able to attend. It'll make their budgeting more difficult but they'll have taken that into account.

Sounds like common sense not to sell something when they have no idea when fans will be able to attend. It'll make their budgeting more difficult but they'll have taken that into account.

Their chief exec (i think) was on Clyde 1 and said they don't have enough fans for it to make a huge difference anyway.

Fwiw, morally its the right thing to do since there will likely be no fans before a vaccine. Clubs who are selling tickets are basically doing so as they need the money to survive.

Archived