Morton Moment You Would Relive if You Could - Page 3 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Morton Moment You Would Relive if You Could

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some brilliant memories here. I know it was a defeat, but the Aberdeen 7 4 (96?)game was epic. Floodlights, goals, big crowd. I converted two English pals who came to the game for a nosey to the Morton!

Run Silent, Run Deep...

"Men who go to sea in Submarines are nothing but pirates in His Majesties uniform" Admiral of the Fleet Lord Jellicoe

Hamilton 6 - 1 Morton.

One of my favourite days as a Morton supporter.

lol wut

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

The cunts that chucked eggs at the supporters buses :lol:

I remember our bus getting stones chucked at it coming away from Douglas Park one night. Chipped the window at the seat in front of us.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

I remember coming back from Rugby Park, the buses had been getting messed with while they were parked, on the way home stones were  chucked, a window got broken and some got chipped, similar story on other buses. Doig stopped hiring buses to Morton games after this.

Different susject, after the game that got us promotion to the premier league for the first time a group of a hundred (maybe more) of us walked home on the dual carriage way, the polis had to redirect the traffic up Ratho St.

The cup game away to Ross County in 2003 was brilliant, went up the night before and got pished in Inverness.

The 2-2 game at Ibrox was especially brilliant as my father in law who's a massive Rangers fan got me and the wife hospitality for my birthday.  Being surrounded by seething Rangers fans who'd paid a fortune to be there while celebrating McClusky's goal was sweet!

The league decider against Peterhead in 2003 will always be my all time favorite Morton moment though!  That whole day was brilliant, weather was great, got suitably pished in the Spinny before the game and the parties afterward were immense.  Apart from the goal the whole game was a blur!

After thinking it was all over after Albion Rovers away to then go on a 5 game winning streak was incredible.

Edited as it won't show the H word for Rangers fans  :lol:

here today, gone to hell

I'll throw in the 3-0 win at Stirling the week before the title clincher against Peterhead. 

Everything about the day was memorable - a large away support with the overspill behind the goal and the team delivering the goods on the day.

We met a few of the players in Fiddlers later that night - they said they couldn't believe the pre-match atmosphere and were enjoying it so much they didn't want the game to start.

It was a long week waiting for the finale.

Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

I'll throw in the 3-0 win at Stirling the week before the title clincher against Peterhead. 

Everything about the day was memorable - a large away support with the overspill behind the goal and the team delivering the goods on the day.

We met a few of the players in Fiddlers later that night - they said they couldn't believe the pre-match atmosphere and were enjoying it so much they didn't want the game to start.

Agreed . At these games towards the end of the season the support the team received when warming up made the hairs stand up on the back of my neck.  Can only imagine what it did for the players. 

The Ton support was incredible that day! The ends behind the goals had never previously been opened. We filled the away stand opposite the main stand, so they opened one end, we filled that and they opened the other end and we just about filled that too! The team warm up at the time involved running towards the fans, which led to a crescendo which rose as they approached us, no wonder the players wanted to keep it going!

Agreed . At these games towards the end of the season the support the team received when warming up made the hairs stand up on the back of my neck.  Can only imagine what it did for the players. 

The East Fife away game which got us back on track was mental. Fans had to sit on the stairs and stand at the exit to watch the game despite big gaps in the home end. The #scenes when Hawke came off the bench and put us in front.

The Ton support was incredible that day! The ends behind the goals had never previously been opened. We filled the away stand opposite the main stand, so they opened one end, we filled that and they opened the other end and we just about filled that too! The team warm up at the time involved running towards the fans, which led to a crescendo which rose as they approached us, no wonder the players wanted to keep it going!

Those ends had been opened before, why do you feel the need to talk shite?

Great thread this.

I know we got beat, but that Motherwell away game in 2007 stands out purely for the crowd we took that day, a good 4500.

It wasn't that long ago but feels like an absolute lifetime away looking at our crowds now.

Great thread this.

I know we got beat, but that Motherwell away game in 2007 stands out purely for the crowd we took that day, a good 4500.

It wasn't that long ago but feels like an absolute lifetime away looking at our crowds now.

Motherwell away in 1991 was a great day out. Brian Reid was immense that day - we were so close to beating them.

Must be some pics around from the game at Forthbank. That was peak following Morton. 

Can't hyperlink the pics here.

https://twitter.com/mooneyleon/status/1247137010252480512

Archived