The Transfer Window - Page 3 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

The Transfer Window

Admin

Transfer Window  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Were you satisfied by Johansson's acquisitions?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Do you think the new signings will help improve results?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There seems to be some debate as to whether or not PCAs are legally binding or are just some sort of gentlemens' agreement.

Can any of our legal eagles give an informed view?

Not specifically related to Tidser, just in general.

There seems to be some debate as to whether or not PCAs are legally binding or are just some sort of gentlemens' agreement.

They're not, from memory. I remember Millar being close to cancelling his with St. Johnstone (well, that was the rumour anyway).

I don't think Tidser would leave for another club in the Championship. If he signed a pre-contract with a Premiership club he would leave with my best wishes, but I don't see him throwing away everything he would be due at Morton over the next season or two for another club at this level. 

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

They're not, from memory. I remember Millar being close to cancelling his with St. Johnstone (well, that was the rumour anyway).

I remember that situation much as you do, hoping like hell that he would cancel his agreement and stay, and the club being heavily criticised for being too slow to get into contract renewal talks with him.

However that was a long time ago and much has changed and I wondered if things are as they were or appeared to be them.

I don't think Tidser would leave for another club in the Championship. If he signed a pre-contract with a Premiership club he would leave with my best wishes, but I don't see him throwing away everything he would be due at Morton over the next season or two for another club at this level. 

Unless Morton is offering him nothing, as yet. At some point, he has to look after himself. Falkirk though would be a kick in the teeth.

They aren't. It's just an agreement. Can't actually sign until contract expiry so can get out of it at any time.

Richard Brittain to St Johnstone is a better and more relevant example in the conversation.

They aren't. It's just an agreement. Can't actually sign until contract expiry so can get out of it at any time.

Richard Brittain to St Johnstone is a better and more relevant example in the conversation.

Though Ross County negotiated that with St Johnstone and made a contribution to their community project (they were careful not to call it compensation), so not quite as simple as the player walking away from the agreement unilaterally.

Like much of contract law it really depends on how each agreement is worded.

Though Ross County negotiated that with St Johnstone and made a contribution to their community project (they were careful not to call it compensation), so not quite as simple as the player walking away from the agreement unilaterally.

Like much of contract law it really depends on how each agreement is worded.

I`m sure the player had a personal issue that developed after signing the PCA with St Johnstone.  Although they were not happy a compromise was achieved.

Given how highly [most of] our fan base and, presumably, others rate Tidser it would be a surprise to see him shuffle over to Falkirk. Is it not the presumption that he stays here primarily because of attachment and a sense of loyalty? I guess if a move to the PL isn't on he'll go where the money is best in the Championship.

Hopefully 'The Bairns' get relegated and even the merest possibility of this move gets blown out to the sea with them.

I don't really think Falkirk going down will make much of a difference. They'll still be able to pay significantly more than ourselves and will probably use relegation as a chance to build longer term (if they do go down)

Interestingly, they've got 1000 fans to pledge to contribute 600k (might be wrong with figures) towards a fan ownership, so they've got fan buy in.

Money talks.

TIME FOR CHANGE!

Club should confirm either way....

Only an absolute tinpot outfit would respond to every roaster on the Internet with an official statement.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Archived