Morton vs Ross County - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Morton vs Ross County

Jamie_M

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The suspended gantry would presumably be a non-starter since the Cowshed is ancient and largely held together by the Aulds pie grease of years past, but I wonder why the main stand wasn't allowed?

They’ve probably just remembered they got asked about this a year ago, and now we’ve got a live game coming up they’re talking shite.

The Celtic Q/F in 1999 had the suspended gantry, and the Motherwell Q/F replay was filmed from the main stand. Got no idea why the main stand is deemed unsuitable now.

They’ve probably just remembered they got asked about this a year ago, and now we’ve got a live game coming up they’re talking s***e.

The Celtic Q/F in 1999 had the suspended gantry, and the Motherwell Q/F replay was filmed from the main stand. Got no idea why the main stand is deemed unsuitable now.

Things were different in the late nineties - the halcyon days before Osama Bin Laden and his mates supposedly showed us just how malleable steel can be - and I still doubt we'd get away with a suspended gantry now. But what of the main stand? I've seen the footage: Morton film highlights there when licensing agreements permit and/or they can be bothered. So why can't the BBC do it?

EOho8Pw.png

As someone who's gone off on one about the gantry more than once on here, credit due to the club for at least recognising it's a problem that annoys people and putting out a statement addressing that, rather than just assuming we've all accepted that the gantry will go in the most inconvenient place for the largest number of fans and it doesn't require comment.

Like others though, I do wonder just how seriously the main stand option was looked at. With the advances in H&S requirements it's not really reasonable to compare back to games from years ago - that's why the Cowshed gantry now is so much more restrictive for fans than the gantry for the Kilmarnock game which was in a similar position, for example - but you do wonder why constructing something in a similar place to the Partick cup game in 2004 when we were the featured game on Sportscene is impossible.

I suppose it is entirely possible that the difficulty of creating one from scratch over seats rather than over a terrace is prohibitive, but ultimately an alternative that only inconveniences a couple of hundred people - even if that includes the directors box - has to be pursued over something that invariably shafts 1000+. Fully accept it if in this case it's something that simply can't be done over the course of a fortnight with a temporary structure, but if that's how it is then having investigated they should be looking at a permanent solution for the summer.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

I also wonder just how much "exploring" the club actually done. My guess would be somebody stuck their head out the door and went "nah, **** it".

I'm with you. Probably fuck all.

Cast your mind back to December 2017 at the fans Q&A, when our esteemed fluffer of a CEO promised a statement on the whole camera gantry issue in Jan 2018. We're now a whole year on and something arises conveniently as a game is due to be on the T.V. lets be honest here; they've done nothing.

TIME FOR CHANGE!

Archived