Morton vs. Dunfermline - 1st December 2018 - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Morton vs. Dunfermline - 1st December 2018

capitanus

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wonder if Johansson will get funds to strengthen the squad in January? If not how long do we give him? We’re getting worse every week

We're in no danger of relegation and it's unlikely that they won't give him a chance to build his own squad, which you can't really do in January. I think he's here for the medium term (that is, into next season.)

EOho8Pw.png

Kilday needs to be punted in January..he's a complete liability

We certainly need to look to shift someone in order to bring in a new centre half and right back. We'd need to find a club willing to take someone though.

Saying punt Kilday is only any good if we can come to an arrangement where at least some of his salary comes off the wage bill. Might be easier to punt Buchanan in that sense.

We certainly need to look to shift someone in order to bring in a new centre half and right back. We'd need to find a club willing to take someone though.

Saying punt Kilday is only any good if we can come to an arrangement where at least some of his salary comes off the wage bill. Might be easier to punt Buchanan in that sense.

We need an entire new defence, strike force and another midfielder. It’s howling.

The only way Johansson will go is if we have a Raith level collapse and end up dragged into the relegation battle, while maybe the transfer market will be where he thrives as a manager with the window seeing us improve drastically, but with capitulations like this becoming routine it's increasingly looking like a question of when, not if. He'll start next season as our manager barring a total disaster, but for the rest of this dead rubber season he needs to start showing some kind of indication that he's actually a manager; that's not happened so far.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

We're in no danger of relegation and it's unlikely that they won't give him a chance to build his own squad, which you can't really do in January. I think he's here for the medium term (that is, into next season.)

That should be little danger imo, because there is always a chance of doing down to the playoff positions.

I feel for JJ. At not point in his time here had his defence looked secure, and we're playing this hand cuffing 5-3-2 to try to shore things up. At the same time, however, I have little concerns that are adding up. I suspect that there will be a few changes in January and JJ will have to really get things right at that point.

It’s not even as if JJ has an identifiable style he’s trying to play but just lacks the appropriate players. There aren’t any signs of him trying to establish an identity or anything like that. We’ll only be able to recruit slightly better players, I’m really not sure how that’d have as drastic an impact as some are hoping. The lack of ideas, tempo and effort at times are all likely to still be there.

I’m not writing the guy off, but I am quite concerned now.

I feel for JJ. At not point in his time here had his defence looked secure, and we're playing this hand cuffing 5-3-2 to try to shore things up.

It’s his job to sort that though. He can’t do much about individual errors, but the overall shape and everything else is his responsibility.

The manager is a dud, its James Grady's spell in charge all over again.

Think the signs from very early on is that JJ isn't up to the job. We've had too many dreadful displays already, with absolutely no indication that the manager knows how to makes things better/get any level of consistency.

"When the seagulls follow the trawler, it's because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea."

It’s not even as if JJ has an identifiable style he’s trying to play but just lacks the appropriate players. There aren’t any signs of him trying to establish an identity or anything like that. We’ll only be able to recruit slightly better players, I’m really not sure how that’d have as drastic an impact as some are hoping. The lack of ideas, tempo and effort at times are all likely to still be there.

I’m not writing the guy off, but I am quite concerned now.

I think it's clear that he's playing the 5-3-2, counter attacking game out of (what he feels is) necessity. I think we saw last week in the first 20 minutes how he wants us to play with the ball (pass and move, create the space wide for the wing backs to get into positions to get balls into the box) but it just didn't work very well (outside of the goal). Away at Ayr we had a spoiling gamelan to frustrate and hit on the break (and that worked ok that day). I think the problem is that what we're trying isn't working more than it is working, rather than it being unidentifiable.

The only thing I've really heard from behind the scenes is Houston saying that the players aren't their players. I suspect there are a few players who are looking to be moving on in January and I don't think that will be helping matters at the moment. I suspect things are a wee bit unsettled - but I might be totally wrong, JJ just might not be up for the job.

Archived