The Big 2018-19 Squad Thread - Page 70 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

The Big 2018-19 Squad Thread

TRVMP

Livingston seem to have separated their transfer policy from the position of a first team coach and one of the main advantages is that you can lose (or hound out of the club) a manager without it affecting your squad-building strategy much at all. Many football managers in Britain aren't comfortable with the idea but in the age of one year contracts being routine for payers and managers alike it makes a lot of sense*. 

*as opposed to our previous manager's 'wait and see until mid July when an agent will offer me a truckload of Dutch ringers' strategy

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not arsed if he goes. Good player on his day but he’s constantly injured and I’d rather the budget was spent on someone more reliable if possible.

Gave us some brilliant memories, though. That goal at Hamilton away and at QOS won’t be forgotten about quickly. Wish him all the best if he goes.

Jai took us to a League Cup semi final a couple of months after we knocked back the £100k. Financially and in footballing terms he more than made knocking it back worth it.

This.

If he does get himself fit and in form he won't be playing against us next season if he goes to Livi so I'm not that fussed. If we got even 50k compensation that would pay another first team wage.

It's one thing having a load of young players in and around the squad and taking a punt on them but Quitongo will be looking for a first team wage. Its a big risk for a player with a bad injury record and patchy form (admittedly he's fantastic on his day).

Be interesting to see if they have implemented the sports sciencey stuff tomorrow.

I watched a video of falkirk's first day back. Loads of tests etc.

I think there's a lot to be said for it.

We’ve started ordering much more healthy food than we were the last couple of seasons for after training anyway.

We’ve started ordering much more healthy food than we were the last couple of seasons for after training anyway.

I think their whole diets are being monitored now with breakfast and lunch made for them.

I think their whole diets are being monitored now with breakfast and lunch made for them.

The way it should be. 

Used to regularly see them in Tesco buying their own stuff. 

I reckon fine detail like this can make somewhat of a difference... even to mindset; feeling like a proper set-up should hopefully avoid complacency. 

TIME FOR CHANGE!

Archived