The Big 2018-19 Squad Thread - Page 66 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

The Big 2018-19 Squad Thread

TRVMP

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its all been a bit quiet on the two Bobs. I wonder if they'll be offered a deal to cut their contracts short. I'd rather free up wages for one first team striker than have both of them in the squad tbh.

McKinnon said in a recent interview that they both have just undergone surgery and doesn't expect them to be fit til the start of the season at the least

TIME FOR CHANGE!

McKinnon said in a recent interview that they both have just undergone surgery and doesn't expect them to be fit til the start of the season at the least

You've changed your tune. What happened to 'Ray'?

<span style='font-size: 14px;'><em class='bbc'>"That LinwoodTon's a c*nt, eh?"</em></span>

Mark Russell removed from the official site.

Offski? Or just removed because he was listed as a defender and both he, and McKinnon, admitted they don't know his best position.

You would imagine that's him off and im quite happy with that. Iredale is better and Strapp is a decent backup.

Doubt McKinnon is a 442 guy so can't see him fitting in anywhere else and even if he was to play 442, I'd want a better option at left mid than Russell.

If we manage to bring in a striker, right back and centre half before our first cup game, we will be in decent shape.

Hopefully see some trialists at training tomorrow.

Heard we have a young American boy In that Duffy was interested in..went back to finish his exams though.

Send him back. We need to be Duffy free.

Hopefully a few bodies are in for training.

Be interesting to see if they have implemented the sports sciencey stuff tomorrow.

I watched a video of falkirk's first day back. Loads of tests etc.

I think there's a lot to be said for it.

It’s absolutely huge. Will also have a massive impact on the youth academy and their development too, as from an education point of view it will really show these lads the importance going forward. Nationally there is a really big push currently trying to educate athletes on being a “24 hour sportsperson” so they are making all the correct choices when they aren’t in at their clubs. Have high hopes for this, also need the players to really buy into it and if they want to be successful and sustain their career they will.

If anyone is interested in the ins and outs there is a young English guy called Jack Nayler who’s been at Chelsea, PSG, and Real Madrid who went to Celtic last year who is absolutely brilliant. Seen a video awhile back about what they do on a day to day basis there and it’s cracking (not on YouTube you’ll need to google it). He’s worth a follow on Twitter. So hopefully we can implement a lot of this and see the benefits throughout the season (especially when our bottle / legs have went in previous seasons).

Super Ray working his magic. Some will be absolute seething.

And some will wait until the season starts before going into full hard on mode.

<span style='font-size: 14px;'><em class='bbc'>"That LinwoodTon's a c*nt, eh?"</em></span>

And some will wait until the season starts before going into full hard on mode.

The only thing you're waiting on right now is for your groomer to feed you a new line and then tell you to wipe the pish off his Slazenger trackie bottoms. 

Next. 

Archived